Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How long? Seriously can someone provide their story?

[db...]

[db...]

I am almost 4 months out and nothing has changed.  I am exactly the same as when I jumped...maybe even worse.  If I get any sleep one night...even if it is an hour or two I don't get any the next night.  In addition, I often go 2 - 3 days in a row with zero sleep and then I am so tired I get a night of 2 - 4 hours of broken sleep and then it repeats and has been since August.  It is December.  I was hoping it would improve. It seems like I will be stuck like this forever?  Please can someone share their sleep patterns and how they changed until they recovered?

Hey there,

I jumped a month before you, and starting 2 weeks ago, my sleep improved A LOT.  I'm getting around 8+ hours a night now, with just one brief wake up around 3AM.  I have to eat a small snack when I wake at 3AM to raise my blood sugar, but then can fall right back to sleep.  I'd recommend giving eating a shot.  It was what helped me most during the crazy adrenaline surging insomnia.  I just split my breakfast in half, so eat 1/2 when I wake at 3AM, the rest when I wake at 8AM. 

I've also used medical marijuana throughout acute, which has really helped my sleep.  I took CBN sublingualy along with a few puffs of an indica strain.  That combo provided at least 6 (restless) hours during the very worst of my insomnia, when I'd wake with adrenaline shooting through my body, chest pains, restless legs, panic, etc.

Good luck, and keep up the good fight.  Good sleep does and will return.

WR

Where did you get the CBN oil?

I got it from a friend who lives in a legal state.  I'm not sure how you'd go about getting it, but you could ask on the MM thread.

Before I started CBN, I just used marijuana 'flower' alone which helped a lot (along with regulating my blood sugar) .

WR

Hey there,

I jumped a month before you, and starting 2 weeks ago, my sleep improved A LOT.  I'm getting around 8+ hours a night now, with just one brief wake up around 3AM.  I have to eat a small snack when I wake at 3AM to raise my blood sugar, but then can fall right back to sleep.  I'd recommend giving eating a shot.  It was what helped me most during the crazy adrenaline surging insomnia.  I just split my breakfast in half, so eat 1/2 when I wake at 3AM, the rest when I wake at 8AM. 

I've also used medical marijuana throughout acute, which has really helped my sleep.  I took CBN sublingualy along with a few puffs of an indica strain.  That combo provided at least 6 (restless) hours during the very worst of my insomnia, when I'd wake with adrenaline shooting through my body, chest pains, restless legs, panic, etc.

Good luck, and keep up the good fight.  Good sleep does and will return.

WR

Interesting... I wonder if this is why I wake up hungry, or why I wake up often. What do you eat?

I eat a small homemade quinoa flaxseed muffin with sunflower butter.  Maybe sounds a bit 'undelicious', but it seems to do the trick.  Anything with some protein and fat should work.  WR