Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Weird Dreams

[71...]

[71...]
For the past few weeks, when I do by chance fall a seep, I end up "living" my dream.  For example, If something happens in my dream, I wake up thinking I still have to go with those "rules" or whatever was happening.  Last night I dreamed that I had to get off of the commitments others made and now it was solely my responsibility.  Is this normal?  This has been happening a lot.  I don't sleep much, but when I do, I really get these lucid almost insane dreams going.

ThEwAy...I think it's fairly common in w/d to experience very lucid dreaming. I, like you, rarely get any sleep but when I do I always have intense realistic dreams that are just too real life like...sometimes I have to take a step back and remind myself that it's just a dream.  It could be that we are in a light dream state and everyday activities are still playing in the background of our brain.  I try not to worry about them anymore, although sometimes I wake up from these dreams with my heart pounding and pouring in sweat.

I hope we both get back to better sleeping patterns soon.  Take care,

Blue

[71...]

Thanks Blue,

Yes, you and I both need some sleep.  Just wondering, do you work?  I still go as much as I can cause we can't afford me to not go.  And going like you're dragging a dead body around is not fun as I am sure you know.

Hi ThEwAy...I'm sorry that you have to work while going through this brutal flavour of sleep deprivation, that must be so difficult especially with zero sleep. I'm fortunate at the present time I e been on sick benefits but that won't be the case in the new year.

I really do wish that we could at east get some sleep every night, even a couple of hours would be welcome.  I really do empathize with you. Hang in as it will get better.  It's not an option for me right now as I have metabolizing issues but have you considered experimenting with CBN oil?

Blue

I'm in Canada so not sure if you are in the US.  I was put in contact with a grower that makes the oil, so in a way it's good bcos I know exactly how and what strains they work with.  If you are in a legal state you could try a dispensary . I know although supposedly dispensaries are illegal under current law ( our laws are messed up as the previous laws allowed them but now it's all about the gov getting in on the $$$$ ) they still exist and often carry RSO oil or CBD oil...it does seem that CBN oil is rare but it is possible to find it.

Good luck.

Hi Theway.  Lucid/vivid dreams are very common for us in taper or withdrawal.  When I got below 2mg Val twice a day, I had several vivid dreams that awoke me early in the evening where I could not get back to sleep.  Additionally, I'd get agitated during the dream where my husband had to awaken me and I'd be on the verge of panic.  Insomnia is a cruel joke when in w/d.

I saw the suggestion of CBN oil.  Perhaps that will work for you.  In case you want to try other avenues, there's lavender essential oil you can apply directly to your skin or diffuse in your bedroom.  I've tried passionflower tea occasionally on a rough night.  There are CDs to encourage the delta (deep sleep) waves, or perhaps you could find a "hypnotic" (person talking) CD.  At some point most of us would try anything for relief.

Hope you are on the big time mend soon!