Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Belsomra

[Tr...]

This is a really new drug and basically you are messing with your sleep cycle (like when taking Ambien, Sonata, etc.).  I'm not sure how frantic you are about sleep, but I know the buddie posts encourage folks to not take a sleep aid because that will be another med to withdraw from.....  I'm assuming you are experiencing a lot of insomnia and just want to let you know many of us have that issue.  I'll be watching others' reply to your post with helpful information. 

PS:  If it's any consolation, my husband took about ONE YEAR to get his sleep back to "normal" after being hooked on Ambien.  Maybe if you can tough it out, you would recover.  I know - easier said than done.

Trudie, it doesn't work. If you do a search on this site for Belsomra, every time someone asks this they hear it doesn't work and can have unpleasant side effects. I took a quadruple dose and didn't feel a thing.

Doesn't work at all.

I mean not at all.

Took 10 up to 20mgs nothing.  Gave to my mom she wanted to try it out since she has sleeping issues too and nothing for her either.

This stuff is horrible and does not work.  I have it a shot... it was horribly expensive. It does not work in the midst of withdrawal, esp if you were cold t and tried to take it.  Don't bother.