Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What is considered normal sleep?

[Bh...]

My sleeping patterns have changed so much lately over the past 12 months.

Currently, I am sleeping 5-6 hours straight and then I wake up with the adrenaline/cortisol surge. However it's not as overwelming anymore. I just wake up and go back to sleep for another 1-2 hours.

I know we aren't sleep experts, but does this seem like a decent sleep pattern? Before benzos, I'd sleep 7 hours straight easy. I'm not quite there...but I'm improving.

I also quit taking antihistamines this past week!! I can't handle the excess drowsiness and cog fog they cause the next day. Ironically my nerve pain has gone up as a result. Do you think my body is in withdrawal from the antihistamines (was only taking 12mg benadryl/unisom)? I'm hoping things regulate in a couple weeks. I can't imagine being on an antidepressant and withdrawaling from that! All I take at the moment is 1 tablespoon of inositol for evening anxiety....I'm so proud of myself!

Thanks for your responses! Happy Thanksgiving!!

I've had similar sleep patterns.  I'll sleep for 5-6 hours and then wake up (but I won't be fully refreshed).  It may take me another 2 hours or so to fall asleep again and then I may sleep for an additional two hours or so.  I'm 14 months off of Klonopin and still don't feel refreshed when I wake up.  However, I have seen some improvement and my sleep is getting better.

[fe...]

My sleeping patterns have changed so much lately over the past 12 months.

Currently, I am sleeping 5-6 hours straight and then I wake up with the adrenaline/cortisol surge. However it's not as overwelming anymore. I just wake up and go back to sleep for another 1-2 hours.

I know we aren't sleep experts, but does this seem like a decent sleep pattern? Before benzos, I'd sleep 7 hours straight easy. I'm not quite there...but I'm improving.

I also quit taking antihistamines this past week!! I can't handle the excess drowsiness and cog fog they cause the next day. Ironically my nerve pain has gone up as a result. Do you think my body is in withdrawal from the antihistamines (was only taking 12mg benadryl/unisom)? I'm hoping things regulate in a couple weeks. I can't imagine being on an antidepressant and withdrawaling from that! All I take at the moment is 1 tablespoon of inositol for evening anxiety....I'm so proud of myself!

Thanks for your responses! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Congratulations Bhealthy17, you should be proud!  :thumbsup:

I've reached the point where I get 6-8 hours of broken sleep - way better than the 0-2 hours during the early days, but I sure would like to go back to sleeping until noon when I feel like it.

That's interesting about the antihistamines - I may try some to see if it'll reduce the burning pain. Nothing else does, alas.