Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Question about post benzo depression.

[Le...]

I didn't have any problems with depression before I started taking klonopin.  The first time I ever experienced depression was the day after my first dose.  Now that I'm the post benzo stage (2 months off) and going through w/d I am feeling some depression at night.  Would it be reasonable to say that after I have recovered I shouldn't have problems with depression since I didn't before taking klonopin? 

Hi Lee43,

It's very reasonable to believe you'll be free from the horrible depression!  I had it too, but when I healed, it was gone and life is wonderful!

Pam

Hi Lee,

I'm in the same boat as you.  I didn't suffer from depression until I got tangled up in Klonopins evil web.  It's a nasty s/x but one that I'm certain will disappear for good once we have recovered.  I get wonderful windows from it since I jumped and it's a great indicator of what's to come once we are fully healed.

Hi Lee,

The klonopin definately made me very depressed and actually was the reason for my major depression for the last few years.  Once I discovered that it was the benzo's that were making my life miserable because of tolerance etc.  I took the leap and decided to have a life again and be me , happy, healthy and whole again.  I am now post benzo's 5 mos.  and even though I still have quite a few symptoms, the heavy cloud of miserable depression that has been my companion for years has finally been served divorce papers.  It's over.  Wait and See.  Ginia