Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Depression creaping in.

[Le...]

My anxiety is getting better but I noticed a little bit of depression last night that is still here this morning.  So now I have shifted my focus and obsessing to it.  Is there any way I can keep it at bay?  Do I have any control over it or will it just take it's course?  Will it get worse because now I'm focusing on it?

hi Lee,

when i feel the deep dark place trying to creep in, i remind myself how much i hated that place and how much i don't ever want to go there again.

it seems to work for me.  i have no idea why it works; i guess it is just that i hated the deep dark ugly depression place.

i hope this helps you.  i'm no expert but i do try to be helpful whenever i can,

love, truck

Hang on in there because it will pass.  And remember that it is not you, it's the drug.

Do what you can to stave it off...walk, watch a happy movie, chat to a friend, read a good book or even have a good cry.  I suffer from this too so I know know you feel.

Stay strong!

• 4 weeks later...
I wish I knew the answer to your question.  Depression just seems to come and go during my taper without my being able to do much about it.  The key thing is to not let yourself be tricked into thinking that it is the new you. I just keep telling myself its the benzo and it will pass. 

I hope you feel better, like it is said above it is mainly the drug. That fact that you are doing something that will make your life so much better once you have been off may help you through it.