Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Strange sleeping or not sleeping???

[Ma...]

I have no clue what is again wrong. I was sleeping so periodically good and then some times not so good. When I jumped I had vivid dreams and intoxicated feeling when going to sleep. This went away and now I have again very strange symptoms. I have  that strange feeling of fear and not really being there when going to sleep, like I am fading away...Very hard to explain...I do not dream much during the sleep I do woke up very often and I HAVE NO CLUE HOW MUCH I SLEEP!I feel like I do sleep sometimes but when I go through the day I see I did not sleep so good and sometimes I feel like Id did not sleep at all and I did sleep...In morning sometimes I am not sure did I woke up? Please people help me...I was totally fine for few weeks and now this.... :-\

Even if you get good sleep, you still feel bad from the withdrawal. At least this is what happens to me.  I will admit that when I sleep well...5-6 hours straight, I'm on top of my game mentally.  But I still have the withdrawal symptoms. 

So don't panic, it's normal to wonder if you are sleeping.  You definitely are. It may not be the kind of sleep that you want, but it's still happening.  Benzos messed with our sleep cycles and it takes a long time for them to come back.  Have faith.  You will be ok  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
I also sleep 5-6 hours and it hardly matters cause I wake up feeling like I haven't slept in days.  I think it's all REM, or adrenal fatigue.    Cannot remember the last time I haven't felt tired.  :-[

Sometimes in Stage 1 sleep - the lightest stage - it's normal to go in and out of sleep and think we haven't been sleeping when we have. You might be getting more sleep than you realize but even with sleep, you probably still feel bad from the withdrawal. Hang in there!

I know that feeling.  Sometimes I feel like I haven't slept at all but when I check the clock 3 hours have passed. Sometimes I dream about not sleeping.  Sometimes I feel one with the world and know everything and all realities are in my mind.  I think all these are light sleep.  I don't know if I should count them as full sleep or not ( I keep a sleep journal.).  I think we should all relax though.  There's no need to know for sure if it's real sleep or not.  The point is getting some rest.  I'm not sure if I should keep recording my sleep time or not.  Started it to show a doctor, now it's just a habit.

Even sleeping like this is giving me much more rest than when I do not sleep. So it is better, but it is strange. All night on is am I sleeping or not?Thank you for answering. :smitten:

Its called light or twilight sleep, You are not getting into deep sleep so it feels like You did not sleep at all. it happens to me all the time and now I only get sleep when Im on k which is not sleep but sedation.