Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Gabapentin

[Pr...]

Hi again Prolove,

I took it a few times for sleep during my taper. I guess it worked a little at 300mg plus. But considering the potential downside I stopped. If your doctor is willing, mine prescribed me Flexeril off label for sleep, that stuff knocks me out.  :thumbsup:

Wilson

Thank you so much Wilson, I will look up flexirel and see what it's usually for. I need some sleep. Thank you

Flexeril is a muscle relaxer that causes drowsiness.

Thank you so much Wilson, I will look up flexirel and see what it's usually for. I need some sleep. Thank you

Flexeril is a muscle relaxer that causes drowsiness.

Totally off topic here, but I think I need some Flexeril, because I hurt my back and it hurts whenever I move a certain way! It wakes me up now, on top of everything else. LOL. The getting sleep on it part would be a welcome side effect. I'm sitting on an electric blanket now.

Yes, it helps for me. I only use it occasionaly and low dose. If i wake up too early or can't fall asleep i take 100mg gabapentin but i haven't felt the urge to take it for 2 months now.

For the hyper-adrenalin feeling i use propranolol, that effectively calms me down. ALso only take this occasionally when nothing else calms me down.

If i want a good night sleep i take 5mg ceterizine. I also don't take this too often because antihistamines cause a buildup of histamine eventually.

For anxiety episodes i take buspirone in combination with magnesium and some herbs.

I've found it helpful and while in detox the dosage was upped to 300mg 3x/day.  It is sedating and people say it has its own issues of problems when trying to stop.  The addiction doctors really like this and it does help blunt some of the anxiety.  Good luck - it takes a lot of trial and error to find the right combination of meds to help.