Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Been awake for 3 days straight now-Help

[db...]

[db...]
Is this a wave?  I never went 3 days in a row w/o sleep I feel like total crap and cannot fall asleep for the life of me.  I tried and when i get close I have energy surging through me that keps me awake.  How do I get past this?  I can't go to work today. :tickedoff:

I used to have such days now not anymore so it does become better. I know just more you try more you will not sleep. It is important to think about something else to put your thoughts away. That is really important make your thought busy with something else. To me it helped warm bath, book, my favourite series, talk with friend, anything....

[e8...]
You can go to work.  You just get out of bed and eat and put on your clothes and go to work.  Yeah, you probably feel lousy, but you'll feel just as lousy in laying around in bed as you will at work.  I did maintenance (robot)-level stuff when I had to work on little or no sleep.  Keep the stress down.  You can do it, and it might even help get your mind off sleep issues.

[db...]
Yeah, I came to work.  I am not sure how much more of this I can do.  I need something to take the edge off.  Anyone got any dynamite? ;)

I think bads is right. I still don't get more than more than 5 broken hours each night and I work for 12 hours each day. Since I don't sleep much I go to work really early. It helps to take your mind off withdrawal too. I used to be the girl who would drag myself out of bed after pressing snooze for like 4-5 times every morning and now I ALWAYS am up before my alarm, so I know how much the insomnia sucks.

If it's of any comfort to you you can read PJ's story if you haven't.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=52054.0

He didn't sleep for 30 days after jumping having quit CT, but he sleeps well now. I do hope that your sleep comes back soon for you.

Just wanted to send a big hug and lots of positive energy your way. I just mentioned to someone else yesterday, but acceptance and "not giving a crap" really does wonders in getting one through this. Once one keeps going through the motions enough, it starts to feel more normal (at least normal for us) and doable, and then things can gradually fall back into place.

I know you might not think so, but I have a sneaking suspicion you are getting more sleep than you think. If anything, maybe some "microsleeps" that you don't catch, or you are getting really light sleep and it doesn't feel like you are sleeping. I read somewhere recently that people who have trouble with sleeping will literally dream about not sleeping and it feels like real life. I actually did this the other night! I realized it later. I don't want to tell you what to do or think, though. I know how hard this is!!

what do you do for work? I hope going in helped at least.

[e8...]

Just wanted to send a big hug and lots of positive energy your way. I just mentioned to someone else yesterday, but acceptance and "not giving a crap" really does wonders in getting one through this. Once one keeps going through the motions enough, it starts to feel more normal (at least normal for us) and doable, and then things can gradually fall back into place.

I know you might not think so, but I have a sneaking suspicion you are getting more sleep than you think. If anything, maybe some "microsleeps" that you don't catch, or you are getting really light sleep and it doesn't feel like you are sleeping. I read somewhere recently that people who have trouble with sleeping will literally dream about not sleeping and it feels like real life. I actually did this the other night! I realized it later. I don't want to tell you what to do or think, though. I know how hard this is!!

what do you do for work? I hope going in helped at least.

This was true for me especially during the first month.  I often didn't think that I slept at all, but could not account for the time between 3 and 5 am.  I think I would dose off for 15 minutes then wake up and dose off again for 15.  Definitely not quality sleep, but at least it was something.

[e8...]

I know I am not dosing off as I am on a laptop or something else.  When does this get better?

Probably should put the laptop down.  I don't tend to fall asleep when typing messages.  I have to do something really really boring on my laptop for it to distract me to sleep.

^ I agree it is best to lay in bed completely relaxed even if you can not fall asleep.  Laying in bed with a laptop will guarantee you wont sleep.  Laying in bed relaxing allows you to at least get some micro and REM sleep which will help more than no sleep.

I have never gone multiple nights in a row without sleep, wishing you the best and some shut eye tonight  :thumbsup:

I know I am not dosing off as I am on a laptop or something else.  When does this get better?

I suspect this is a huge part of the problem. At the minimum you are getting light waves that will rev you up. When I was in acute withdrawal, I could actually "feel" the affect on my body--heart palps increased, zingy feeling, and this was despite using f-lux and blue-blocker goggles. I could not even be on the computer for long, it was that uncomfortable.

If you are gaming, or doing anything else that messes with your dopamine system, then yes, you are totally messing up your circadian rhythm, and things are not going to improve until you find something else to distract yourself with (like reading a boring book, or meditating).

I hate to see you suffering so much, please start using strict sleep hygiene and discipline so you can climb out of this! I know you will!

It's the surges of energy that ruin it, I have that as well right now. During a night I could almost fall asleep 3040 times but I can't because of the butterfly energy  feeling that happens right before you're nod off.  My anxiety has been awful last few days and I noticed that feeling it's gotten a lot stronger so I'm assuming it's a type of anxiety .

[db...]

It's the surges of energy that ruin it, I have that as well right now. During a night I could almost fall asleep 3040 times but I can't because of the butterfly energy  feeling that happens right before you're nod off.  My anxiety has been awful last few days and I noticed that feeling it's gotten a lot stronger so I'm assuming it's a type of anxiety .

Iamsickofthis, what do you do to deal with your anxiety and get some sleep?

I'm

Sorry the wayyyy, we are looking very similar right now except I'm 3.5 months out and what your 2.5 months out? I'm sorry I of all people know how bad this sucks. Try Remeron. It works pretty good for sleep. I get some sleep by taking that now and then