Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What to use for sleep

[Ia...]

I am on remeron as of now at 7.0.  It is so sedating I feel like a zombie all day.  What do you use for your insmonia?  Im thinking of tapering off this stuff and trying something new.

Will trying half of the 7.5 of remeron be even more sedating?  Remeron can be very confusing.

I need some suggestions too. I used remeron for a couple years at 15 mg then 7.5 mg. It worked fairly well while I was on klonopin. I started using it again about two weeks ago and I have not taken it the last few nights as it stopped working. I just lay in bed and feel somewhat drowsy when it kicks in but I cannot get to sleep on it now. Insomnia is really bad right now. It does not help that I have noisy neighbors but it was quiet last night and I just laid there.    ::)

Buddies, what is some other stuff to try?

??

I hope someone replies and helps you out! I tried mirtazapine for the first time last night. I had picked it up friday but miraculously slept with nothing friday and saturday night. Last night was a rough night and I didn't have to be up as early so I took half a 15mg (7.5). It seemed like it took awhile to kick in but I felt gradually more sedated til I did sleep. Though I don't think I got enough (between 6-7 hours) and today I'm super groggy and someone depressed. Ugh! Hopefully we can discover more things to try. I tried my natural supplement last night too, earlier on, and it did not work.

[fb...]

I use Trazadone 50mg at bedtime and it works for me.

Don't know what to suggest about the noisy neighbors. I had those too, before I moved...

I use Trazadone 50mg at bedtime and it works for me.

Don't know what to suggest about the noisy neighbors. I had those too, before I moved...

Can you give your experience on trazadone?  I am on mirtazapine for sleep and I am stuck untill I ween off.... it is hell on this stuff.... I am in an almost catatonic state so i have to figure out something new.

[fb...]
I started on the Trazadone when I was down to 2mg Valium / day. I had been getting only 2-3 hours of sleep per night. With 50mg Trazadone at bedtime, that improved to about 4-5 hours of sleep per night. Not great, but better. I have not noticed any next-day effect. Since then I have tapered down to .6mg Valium / day and I have continued with 50mg Trazadone per night. Sleep has improved - finally healing from the benzos I think. Last night I got 9 hours. I think I'm now dependent on the Trazadone - haven't tried stopping it. But it's the lesser of the 2 evils compared to benzos.

I'm not sure if you have access to it, but medical marijuana REALLY helped me with sleep issues, and I experienced no adverse effects.  Even during horrible acute adrenaline nighttime surges, I was able to sleep with it. 

What helped me the most was CBN oil, but flower worked also (indica strains). 

I hope you find relief soon.

WR

Will trying half of the 7.5 of remeron be even more sedating?  Remeron can be very confusing.

Yes it is more sedating in smaller doses. Since you want to taper anyway, it wouldn't hurt to try half of the 7.5 mg pill. The higher you go on it, the more it helps with depression. Let us know how it works on a smaller dose.

Yes it is more sedating in smaller doses. Since you want to taper anyway, it wouldn't hurt to try half of the 7.5 mg pill. The higher you go on it, the more it helps with depression. Let us know how it works on a smaller dose.

Im in a screwed up place being on remeron, I want off of it or atleast be less sedated, but I can't just cut it in half as it makes me super sick, probably because my CNS is on the fritz, but I feel like i'm in a coma all day now, so it is a  catch 22, I taper and I get more sedated...... ugh

I take 150 mgs Trazedone and 25 mgs Seraquel.  I fall asleep within a half hour and sleep 7 hours or six.  I'll have to taper off of them at some point.  I didn't sleep for a week in rehab post taper.