Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What not to do for anxiety...article

[ne...]

Hi NT,

Thanks for sharing this link. It's really interesting about what he says about GABA, Valerian Root, and of all things Dilantin. I've been on Dilantin for most of my adult life and it doesn't do squat for my anxiety. I've read over and over on this forum to not take supplements, especially not the two aforementioned ones....I'm totally confused. I really like the idea of not taking anything until we clear ourselves from these benzos and our brain is healed. Dilantin is an anti seizure medication. I know there are AS meds that work for mood disorders, but speaking for myself this is def not one of them. 

Again thanks for sharing and I hope you are getting better and better with each new day.....~CeCe  :mybuddy:

Yeah..my BAD on this one.

I was taken in by some of the titles.

Take a walk

Anxiety is not a disease

Like you, I'm avoiding supplements but thought it would also be an interesting discussion thread.

Yeah..my BAD on this one.

I was taken in by some of the titles.

Take a walk

Anxiety is not a disease

Like you, I'm avoiding supplements but thought it would also be an interesting discussion thread.

I agree! We can get other peoples takes on the pros and cons, for sure! Interesting topic..... :thumbsup:

Sometimes I just get bored...LOL

This is a marathon and I want a shortcut.

I also want to make sure I'm doing all I can to get better.

Also, upon reflection the article does not take into account benzo withdrawal.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for link. i am still experimenting with gaba and l-theanine and have not come to a conclusion yet. wondering if this dilantine stuff is any good to take some benzo edge off. will ask my pdoc in 2 weeks if he writes me one (he writes everything but benzos lol)

I'm having very good results with L-Theanine, 600 mg spread out across the day.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=167128.0

THEANINE: Could be a highly useful ANXIOLYTIC, since it DOES NOT function as a GABA RECEPTOR AGONIST but UPREGULATES THE PRODUCTION OF GABA within the brain, functions as a GLUTAMATE RECEPTOR ANTAGONIST, and enhances ALPHA-WAVE production within the brain.

L-theanine is a unique amino acid present almost exclusively in the tea plant. It possesses neuroprotective, mood-enhancing, and relaxation properties.