Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

when symptoms keep you from sleeping

[wh...]

When I start to drift off my hands will get numb, or I'll jerk, or I'll get a surge of energy....and I'm alert again! I get frustrated that I can't sleep through it even with my mirtazapine. Just toss and turn waiting for the symptoms to show up again right before I drift off.

what have you guys done to get through those initial symptoms that keep you from sleeping?

Well, the bad news is that this symptom hangs around for a while...the good news is that it does get better!!!  You are still in the acute stage so try to be patient with yourself...if you can, pick an amount of time to lie quietly and then if still awake, consider getting up and go to another room and read quietly while sipping warm milk. Try to not get on the computer or turn the TV on when this event happens.

Best wishes...

Well, the bad news is that this symptom hangs around for a while...the good news is that it does get better!!!  You are still in the acute stage so try to be patient with yourself...if you can, pick an amount of time to lie quietly and then if still awake, consider getting up and go to another room and read quietly while sipping warm milk. Try to not get on the computer or turn the TV on when this event happens.

Best wishes...

thanks!

I managed to finally drift off this morning at 5am. But between 5-9am I kept getting up due to numb hands or I got this really scary quadruple body jerk like I had gotten electricuted.

It sucks because at least the numb hands that I had initially when hitting withdrawal syndrome from effexor went away for awhile. Now off the clonazepam it seems to be coming back so I'm pretty sad about this.

I get exactly what you are saying, I don;t have alot of time tonight to reply but I have the same energy deal when I drift to sleep.... luckily for me Mirtazapine bypasses it.  I didn't sleep for 5 days because of that.  UGH anyway I will message more tomorrow in detail.