Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Bedtime turmeric/coconut milk drink recipe

[Ch...]

[a6...]

Whoa, how did I miss this great Golden Milk recipe - thanks, Challis!

Also, what I like is that she shows you how you can make the paste ahead of time to have it on hand. Nice balance to the recipe, too.  :thumbsup:

Wonderful..I added turmeric tea during this process and have no hesitancy in recommending whole food turmeric.  I am not so sure about turmeric capsules because one never knows from pill to pill how much if any good stuff you are getting.

Thanks for the recipe! I've tried this pre-made golden milk you can get at whole foods and it was super good. I haven't tried making my own tea before bed.

As a side note (and to respond to Choco on this one) I also recently started taking turmeric supplements. This was a random, coincidental decision while in whole foods scouring the sleep aids. I had been getting headaches and I knew turmeric helps inflammation, so I looked at the turmeric options and selected one in which I could identify all the ingredients (also has holy basil and fruit extracts). I started with taking 1, and now I take 2. The first day I had some bathroom issues, which has cleared up now. Not sure what all its doing, but the headaches are better (less frequent, less severe... I think this was due to sinus issues/allergies) and my body recovers very quickly from strenuous exercise. I'm a distance runner and tend to always be sore no matter what. I believe the turmeric is helping me recover more quickly! Added note, saw my naturopath yesterday who was very pleased with this addition, and she wants me to try taking before bed to see if it helps with sleep (plus, we absorb things better when we sleep) so I will see if that helps.

If anyone else has had some positive experiences with it, I'm all ears! I'm happy I tried it.

Nice update, TW!!! Thank you!

I do frequently make my own Turmeric tea a week at a time but also get the single tea bags from Amazon...brand I have used is NUMI, Amber Sun...excellent ingredients including black pepper which has recently shown to help the body used the turmeric.  There is no doubt I have benefitted from adding Turmeric and Tart Cherry juice daily.

It sounds like your supplements have a goodly amount of real Turmeric!!

Has this worked for anyone?

I haven't tried the tea before bed, yet. I take my turmeric supplements at night now. It's been a few days. I don't think it knocks me out like other sleep aids, but it doesn't do the opposite either. I also heard that we absorb vitamins better at night so I think the benefits are strong either way!

TW, since your supplements are working, I don't think there is any benefit from adding the tea or paste..that being said, it is documented that regular old black table pepper and some kind of fat help Turmeric work better...lol, that is how I justified adding cream to my Turmeric tea in addition to a dash of table pepper. Doesn't take a lot of pepper or fat.

TW, since your supplements are working, I don't think there is any benefit from adding the tea or paste..that being said, it is documented that regular old black table pepper and some kind of fat help Turmeric work better...lol, that is how I justified adding cream to my Turmeric tea in addition to a dash of table pepper. Doesn't take a lot of pepper or fat.

Agreed :) I'm sticking to what I'm doing for now.

Typical Values Typical Values Per 100ml

Energy 650kJ / 155kcal

Fat 15.0g

of which saturates 13.2g

Carbohydrate 3.4g

of which sugars 2.1g

Fibre 0.4g

Protein 1.4g

Salt <0.1g