Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone think they got bipolar disorder from their meds?

[Li...]

Based on the number of people here I'm seeing getting little or no sleep at all, has your pdoc switched your dx to bipolar disorder?  Bipolar disorder is supposed to be an organic brain disease that affects GABA where you can stay awake for days or weeks in the manic phase until crashing into depression.  For people who are not getting any sleep or little sleep like 3 hours or less do you think the medication has caused iatrogenic bipolar disorder?  How are you managing to survive each day with such little sleep?  I'm about to break already and try going back on Depakote ER, Klonopin, Anafranil, Trazodone and Vistaril to prevent hospitalization.

I was thinking about this lately (didn't sleep tonight again urgh) and i kind of think it can't be bipolar, because i'm just stuck in manic land. I don't sleep but i never crash into sleep depression like they say bipolar people do. Mostly at one point i get some better sleep and it rebuilds itself (so first three hours, than five, then alternating, then maybe more)

I'm just manic and wired all the time. So it doesn't really seem to be bipolar disorder for me.

Don't go back on other stuff, you don't need hospitalization, you can actually stay at home even though you are in the same extreme state.

I'm about to break also today, was screaming this morning around 5 am. Let's not give up together ok?

More pills are not the answer. (you also don't really know which pill is causing the withdrawal? )

Hi LifeInChaos,

I would really hope to God you would not decide to go back to all the drugs you worked so diligently to get off.

The thought that I could be bipolar has crossed my mind. But as  Corsair is saying, the sxs don't match. I wouldn't describe the feeling as manic, if describing myself. There's a world of scientific explanations out there that describes realistically what we're going through and how it affects our brains.

I noticed in your sig that they prescribed an awful lot of psych meds. What is your diagnosis? Maybe it's different for you, and you are legit in your suspicions. Run it by your doctor. Don't just sit on it, get some answers through the proper channels, starting with your doc.

Best Wishes.    ~CeCe     

I was thinking about this lately (didn't sleep tonight again urgh) and i kind of think it can't be bipolar, because i'm just stuck in manic land. I don't sleep but i never crash into sleep depression like they say bipolar people do. Mostly at one point i get some better sleep and it rebuilds itself (so first three hours, than five, then alternating, then maybe more)

I'm just manic and wired all the time. So it doesn't really seem to be bipolar disorder for me.

Don't go back on other stuff, you don't need hospitalization, you can actually stay at home even though you are in the same extreme state.

I'm about to break also today, was screaming this morning around 5 am. Let's not give up together ok?

More pills are not the answer. (you also don't really know which pill is causing the withdrawal? )

Yeah, I'm just manic and wired all the time too.  I have always waited for the depression side of bipolar to come where I hear that people just sleep all day and they cannot even get out of bed for 6 months at a time.  It sounds a lot more fun to just crash into depression and sleep all day in my opinion.  It's gotta be this Trazodone withdrawal like we discussed before.  I swear, if it weren't for you, I would have given up a long time ago.  So thank you again for millionth time Corsair.

Hi LifeInChaos,

I would really hope to God you would not decide to go back to all the drugs you worked so diligently to get off.

The thought that I could be bipolar has crossed my mind. But as  Corsair is saying, the sxs don't match. I wouldn't describe the feeling as manic, if describing myself. There's a world of scientific explanations out there that describes realistically what we're going through and how it affects our brains.

I noticed in your sig that they prescribed an awful lot of psych meds. What is your diagnosis? Maybe it's different for you, and you are legit in your suspicions. Run it by your doctor. Don't just sit on it, get some answers through the proper channels, starting with your doc.

Best Wishes.    ~CeCe   

CeCe,

The last 3 I got off of weren't done so diligently I guess.  I was just following the pdoc's instructions.  I didn't want diabetes from Zyprexa so that had to go for sure.  The other two medications Trazodone and Vistaril were prescribed as needed and are generally weak medications so I didn't think I'd have issues coming off them.  I tapered but it was too fast still.  I guess I was a bit excited because this pdoc didn't want me to be on 6 meds.  The target goal was for me to be on 1125 mg of Depakote Sprinkles, 25 mg of Anafranil and to even lower my Klonopin to 2 mg from 3 mg (pdoc says any Klonopin over 2 mg is unsafe) and just have me stay that way to manage my bipolar NOS/GAD/OCD symptoms.