Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

One thing you are greatful/proud of...Just one thing!

[4d...]

Grateful for having my Kitty with me. Every single moment of every single day and night.

:thumbsup::smitten:

Me too, I'm grateful for having my kitty, and my two dogs, I love them!  Thank you for reminding me Estee how dear they are to me.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Es...]

• [Ma...]

• [MT...]

• [be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

My forgiving God

I hear you, I feel the same way Momof3boys89.  The things I've done in the past when on benzos, it's unreal, I caused hurt to others and to myself.  When I look back now, I pray for forgiveness, I feel I have received it thus far, but I still do what I can to make amends and cherish the new 'normal' I've been now given.

My forgiving God

I hear you, I feel the same way Momof3boys89.  The things I've done in the past when on benzos, it's unreal, I caused hurt to others and to myself.  When I look back now, I pray for forgiveness, I feel I have received it thus far, but I still do what I can to make amends and cherish the new 'normal' I've been now given.

😿

I cannot forgive. I know it’s sick and I’m only hurting myself. Don’t know if I will ever be able to forgive.

Estee, I say this for u.  Forgiveness is for u, not the people that hurt you.  They did a big survey of people who had loved ones murdered, put on trial and put to death.  The people that were able to forgive were the people that went on to have happy unbitter lives, the ones that never forgave and thought having that person put to death, would make them feel better and they could get on with life. But they found out it didn't help, and they were still bitter and not able to move on.  Forgiveness is for you.  Don't be mad at me, I don't know what happened but u,

I know it was bad.  Forgiveness in the beginning will just be a word but the more you say it the more it will become real. :smitten:

I cannot forgive. I know it’s sick and I’m only hurting myself. Don’t know if I will ever be able to forgive.

U have a kind heart and a wonderful personality, forgiveness is for you, not the people that hurt you .you take that heart and move slowly into believing u can forgive and one day u will :smitten:

My forgiving God

amen to that. I couldn't have said it better.

I am grateful for my bloke who stands by me through it all and loves me.

I am grateful that I still have a roof over my head.

I am proud that today I managed to tell an old friend something I have been needing to tell her for years.

My father, who has learned over many difficult years that the best way to keep me in his life is to stop pushing me and let me approach him. I remember being fifteen and telling him I would never forgive him when he had me locked up. Being eighteen and almost running him over when he stood behind my car to keep me from pulling out of the driveway. Being in my early twenties and just never calling him because I figured too much time had gone by and we were too estranged to ever feel like family again. I called him a couple of weeks ago to see if he wanted to get together and he dropped everything to grill burgers and chat for an hour or so. No guilt trips, no pressure to call him again...which means I'm already thinking of trying to spend some more time with him soon. I never thought we could heal or have a future, but I'm learning a lot about hope during all this.

My father, who has learned over many difficult years that the best way to keep me in his life is to stop pushing me and let me approach him. I remember being fifteen and telling him I would never forgive him when he had me locked up. Being eighteen and almost running him over when he stood behind my car to keep me from pulling out of the driveway. Being in my early twenties and just never calling him because I figured too much time had gone by and we were too estranged to ever feel like family again. I called him a couple of weeks ago to see if he wanted to get together and he dropped everything to grill burgers and chat for an hour or so. No guilt trips, no pressure to call him again...which means I'm already thinking of trying to spend some more time with him soon. I never thought we could heal or have a future, but I'm learning a lot about hope during all this.

love this... :smitten:

love this... :smitten:

Me too, tear might have dripped down my cheek.....

• 2 weeks later...

My forgiving God

It has to keep going on a bit more I guess  :-[

I am grateful for my family.  My mom has helped through this whole process.  My dad for providing a roof over a family.  I use to be a jerk to him at times. I am most proud of how far I have come and how I am still standing strong but I still a long way to go.

That the universe has put all these medical, physical people within a couple miles of me so I can get to pt or tai chi wellness within 5 minutes.  Very grateful  :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [je...]
    • [Kr...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Le...]
    • [fe...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sc...]