Important Survey - Please Participate ×

depression and derealization?

[bi...]

anyone having derealization and gloom and doom thoughts and depression at over nine months out? these things are still tormenting me at nine and a half months.

billy3

hello is anyone out there??????????? hell no who am i kidding. it seems this site has clustered into little clicks of people and those who are not fall through the cracks. boy this forum needs to be reworked

Hey Billy,

Is your DR constant or does it come at certain times? The only symptom I have right now is a tiny bit of dreaminess, kind of like I'm just a bit spacey. I guess it could be called a feeling of unreality.

Does everything look unreal to you, or do you just feel unreal? Disconnected?

I have noticed great improvement in this feeling since I added choline/inositol and serine, and even more relief from the fogginess when I added fish oil.

The best thing I have found, other than the addition of the "brain building" supplements is distraction. I know you are a busy man working and probably already have that, but sometimes when we get into a groove of familiarity with our jobs our minds are left to wander...this is when we start to dwell on our issues.

Have you tried adding GABA rich foods to your diet?

As far as the cliques go, you will see that in every walk of life. Even in very large churches I have seen this! It's the nature of the beast  :sick:

hello is anyone out there??????????? hell no who am i kidding. it seems this site has clustered into little clicks of people and those who are not fall through the cracks. boy this forum needs to be reworked

The lack of responses reflects (1) how few active members are 9+ months off + (2) of those few, how few had the derealizaton+ doom and gloom depression.  I fall into the first category but not the second so have nothing to offer you in the way information or insight. 

BTW, how many posts have you been making to other members who are suffering? In the last few weeks I see only one post you made on someone else's thread; all the rest were posts to your own threads.  Almost by definition, most everyone here is dealing with multiple problems and symptoms yet many of them reach out and try to encourage each other.  In a way, I guess that could be a considered a clique of caring people.  You might want to consider joining in, billy.  At the very least, for the time you are focused on someone else's troubles you forget about your own.  I'm sure you could use a break so why not give yourself one? 

Hi Billy,

Not 9 mos out , but 5 mos and have had a horrible time with the derealization and deperosonalization thing.  I am on welbutrin for the depression, but sometimes the doom and gloom depression also shows it's ugly head.  It's really like being completely spaced out,or drugged up  for me.  It gets so bad that I have not been able to drive on heavily congested roads as I think I am a hazard.  Wonder if I could get out of speeding ticket with a that excuse.  lol.  Anyways,  I really think that this is something that some of us get more then others.  I have noticed at times mine seems to abate alot so this tells me that Eventualllllllllllllyyyyy it will be gone. Hang in there.... you are getting farther out there and I am sure that most of it will be going away soon.          Ginia 

1st beeper:tons of people on here are 9 months and further 2nd d/r and d/p are very common with this crap. havent posted much because in case you havent noticed i'm out of my fricking mind and of no help to anyone. i'm going through sheer hell i didnt do a nice soft taper down i  just quit BAM just like that no more drugs no advil for pain no sleep aids no nothing and while i was going through this i got hit with propofol twice you know the mix of that and xanax is what helped kill michael jackson well it tried to kill me too and during that was given flouroquinolone antibiotics and amoxicillin which gave me a brutal reaction so i very nearly died all of this combined has left me a busted up twisted up mess esp. mentally so forgive me for not reaching out as much you and some others i can barely hang on much less reach out.

give me a break is right

thank you ginia it helps alot and cupcake hi girl yes distraction does help but when i relax and veg it comes right back the feeling is like viewing the world from another dimension or maybe like stuck in a dream state it's not there if i'm busy but when i let go whap there it is also when i rehearse it's real bad but not when i play in front of crowds yes i'm eating brain foods and taking l glutamine and gamma oryzanol

Hello Billy,

I don't think you understand the implications of Beeper's post. You are struggling, but so are the vast majority of our members. By your own words, you are incapable of giving support to other members, but you expect fellow Buddies (that you understand are struggling too) to provide you with 24/7 support. We are a mutual support group - this is the only way can operate. We do not take donations and do not charge for a service - all support is volunteered and shared. If you habitually demand support (and, to boot, give no support), it is inevitable that support for you will dwindle away.

I - and all of us here - understand that you are struggling and have little to give at the moment. We make no demands of you. However, you need to realise that most of our members are struggling and need support too. It is a matter of give and take!

Billy,

i don't comment much anymore because i don't feel well at all and typing is really difficult.  However, i have to say that your comment that this forum has clicks and needs to be reworked is out of line and unfair...

it sure would be nice to see you around when you are having a good day and can support some struggling buddies but IMO you only come here when you are in the throws of another crisis....And God bless the buddies that have continually and patiently supported you over and over and over again.

It's time to "Pay It Forward" buddy....there are lots of buddies that you can help if you adjust your attitude and distract yourself with some positive support.  I say this sincerely; i've had to adjust my own attitude and give support when i feel up to it or even fake it while i'm in horrible pain.  I take the time to chat with buddies and have even implemented a "humor hour" where we can just laugh and not complain about benzo sx....and this has been a huge help to me and to my dear buddies.

God bless you and i hope that you are well soon.

sincerely, truck

Billy,

Check out my blog, there might be a few things that I've listed that have helped me (and others) immensely. They may help you as well. If I remember right, glutamine is a form of glutamate, which excites the CNS. It might make your issues worse.

I had that spaced out feeling pretty bad, it's a form of detachment or depersonalization from what I understand. I just feel a little dreamy now, and some times I feel nearly normal. I know from experience that it does go! But it seems to be pretty stubborn.

Hey Billy,

I am 11 months out.  I was hit with the worst depression at months four and five.  After those months, I did not have any problems with depression.  I didn't suffer much with derealization, but I will say that it did get rather intense if I did not sleep well.  Derealization for me was short-lived. 

We realize you are suffering, we all have to some extent or another.  While tapering and shortly after I jumped, I did not post much because I felt too sick to give out any advice, but as have already been said, once I started encouraging others on this journey, in spite of how badly I felt, I felt that my withdrawal wasn't so insurmountable, or wasn't so inconquerable (is that a word?).  And it is very therapeutic when you can post to help others.  Often when I post to help others, I am reassuring and helping myself.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you are able to post questions looking for answers and relief for your symptoms, then you are able to post to help others who are new on this benzo journey.  This is indeed a click of caring people.  We have so many new members who have joined who could benefit from your experience - just reach out to them.

Share your pain, share your suffering, share your healing to day, and by sharing, you can give a lot of reassurance to others who are hurting and confused.  It is far better to give than it is to receive.  So, give others the benefit of your expertise and see how rewarding it will be. 

Continue to stay the course.