Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Insomnia is the worst

[Ia...]

I was a short term user and if I sleep I can tolerate my days now being 3 weeks off, yeah I have tons of symptoms but I am able to drive and work.  He second week I had 4 to 5 days of absolutely no sleep so I got on Mirtazapine which helps a lot.  It is not full proof as some nights I don't sleep at all but in general Atleast I got some sleep.  My point I guess is insomnia is f'n brutal, I don't sleep and bam the symptoms come back way worse... It sucks I have to take something to even sleep at all.. I don't nap as much anymore but once in a while I try just to see if I can fall asleep on my own without a med and so far no.  I guess I'm just venting a bit.  So feel free to use this post to comment about my insomnia or your own.

Dan

i just jumped off A, still waiting to start K taper, but have insomnia as well, so I heard tart cherry juice is good, melatonin all natural, but i preferred to try a diff route: i ordered  Natrol Melatonin time Release Tablets, 1mg

waiting to get it in from Amazon (prime) i hope it helps me, will let you know as well, should be here in 2 days, I will hit notify this topic, and when i or if it works let ya know ok?

hang in there benzo brother warrior

INP :thumbsup:

Thanks!  I tried melatonin and I thought it was horrifying,  scary for me.  I took a low dose and it just let me up and then when I did fall asleep my dreams were horrible.  Guess it is not for me.  So far the Mirtazapine is good as my insomnia is very bad so I'm surprised anything works.. But for sure reply as to how your new stuff works.. Good luck!

Thanks!  I tried melatonin and I thought it was horrifying,  scary for me.  I took a low dose and it just let me up and then when I did fall asleep my dreams were horrible.  Guess it is not for me.  So far the Mirtazapine is good as my insomnia is very bad so I'm surprised anything works.. But for sure reply as to how your new stuff works.. Good luck!

Thanks iamsickofthis, yikes, oh no im so sorry, goodness, i hope i don't get that, thanks for the reply, yikes, hmm, maybe i try one pill only, its (tr) time release and see.........if not then tart cherry juice i guess, .and I so wanted to help you naturally, sigh, if this does work or not I let u know, hmmmmm how about trazadone? i have a bb friend use it and he seems OK during his taper, thanks for the input / output

Yeah I heard of trazadone but I am not at that point yet.  Since Mirtazapine still works to a point I don;t want to over do it with prescriptions.  I might just up the dose a little if I still have bad nights.  I really do wish it was natural... I feel I am going to make myself worse taking these meds but I have to do something.  I have not tried Tart Cherry juice... I will give it a try,  Is there an amount you are supposed to drink or a time before you go to bed?

As for Melatonin... some people love it and works wonders so you might have great luck with it!  Good luck!  Hope you get it quick!

i found all this out on the FB forum for benzos im on too,  when i told them i was not sleeping, the admin chimed right in first in a reply to me, she said quote:

"I used tart cherry juice for a while and it really helped. It helps the body naturally release melatonin."

but she said she used her whole taper, and it worked well, then another nice guy chimed in and said he takes it too:  1-2 tsp i think at night, i would start at, and yes only in the evening like 1/2 hr. b4 bed, then others swore by Melatonin, but one lady was taking 3mg, im not going that high, the lower the better, to start glad I got your input too..........

as for the TCJ, i was going to get it, but i am off sugar .....completely, has like 22 gms sugar per serving, i did not have my glasses, so i did not read more about what a serving size was, but if u wanna give a try let me know as well how it works for u!!!

hang in there......... :)

So is the tart cherry juice pure juice or is it a concentrate?  I didn't know you have to have so little.. I'm don't do sugar anymore either but a little won't hurt me..

I was a short term user and if I sleep I can tolerate my days now being 3 weeks off, yeah I have tons of symptoms but I am able to drive and work.  He second week I had 4 to 5 days of absolutely no sleep so I got on Mirtazapine which helps a lot.  It is not full proof as some nights I don't sleep at all but in general Atleast I got some sleep.  My point I guess is insomnia is f'n brutal, I don't sleep and bam the symptoms come back way worse... It sucks I have to take something to even sleep at all.. I don't nap as much anymore but once in a while I try just to see if I can fall asleep on my own without a med and so far no.  I guess I'm just venting a bit.  So feel free to use this post to comment about my insomnia or your own.

Dan

I relate a lot to you! I was a short term user too... like, for less than a week! And I'm 3 weeks off too. High five! I too, have a lot of symptoms but not sure what is causing what, but the insomnia is by far the worst. I'm mixing up sleep aids, trying not to use the same thing, sometimes this works, sometimes not. Last night I maybe got 1 hour of sleep. I am not sure how I managed to get through the day but I did. Tomorrow I'm going back to my doctor and trying to get off the zoloft I'm on...i think that is exacerbating everything. Once I'm off that, I might be interested in trying the mirtazapine too. For now I go between trazodone, unisom, melatonin, magnesium. I got some different unisom tabs that have a different ingredient, as well as some new melatonin with extra supplements in it. At least this creative effort never gets boring. :laugh:

Dan

I relate a lot to you! I was a short term user too... like, for less than a week! And I'm 3 weeks off too. High five! I too, have a lot of symptoms but not sure what is causing what, but the insomnia is by far the worst. I'm mixing up sleep aids, trying not to use the same thing, sometimes this works, sometimes not. Last night I maybe got 1 hour of sleep. I am not sure how I managed to get through the day but I did. Tomorrow I'm going back to my doctor and trying to get off the zoloft I'm on...i think that is exacerbating everything. Once I'm off that, I might be interested in trying the mirtazapine too. For now I go between trazodone, unisom, melatonin, magnesium. I got some different unisom tabs that have a different ingredient, as well as some new melatonin with extra supplements in it. At least this creative effort never gets boring. :laugh:

I for sure try to stay on one thing.. I know by mixing thrimgs up can really throw your body off... I have being on meds for sleep but k have no choice. 

took 2 Tabs benedryl last night 10  pm, slept 6 hrs.................still waiting on the shipped melatonin..............it dried me out and gave me the (runs) today too....boo

but slept eh ok

INP

took 2 Tabs benedryl last night 10  pm, slept 6 hrs.................still waiting on the shipped melatonin..............it dried me out and gave me the (runs) today too....boo

but slept eh ok

INP

Yeah 2 benadryl will do it.... Allthough I am taking Mirtazapine now before this I tried UNISOM SLEEP TABS, worked great... but only a couple days.

Dan

I for sure try to stay on one thing.. I know by mixing thrimgs up can really throw your body off... I have being on meds for sleep but k have no choice.

My mom said the same thing about doing too many things. Good news is Trazodone worked last night. I fell asleep at 8pm listening to this hypnosis script I got from my hypnotherapist, woke up briefly at 8:45 to pee (my bladder is another issue) and then I slept til 1, and then from 1 to like 5-6. I got 8 hours, possibly more, the most I've had in maybe a month! I am enjoying my coffee and content knowing I'll feel human today. If only this could happen every night!

Dan

My mom said the same thing about doing too many things. Good news is Trazodone worked last night. I fell asleep at 8pm listening to this hypnosis script I got from my hypnotherapist, woke up briefly at 8:45 to pee (my bladder is another issue) and then I slept til 1, and then from 1 to like 5-6. I got 8 hours, possibly more, the most I've had in maybe a month! I am enjoying my coffee and content knowing I'll feel human today. If only this could happen every night!

FANTASTIC!!  I got a good 7 last night, my Mirtazapine did its job!  Lets enjoy the day!  Or try!

Yes! I agree!!! At least it is the weekend, (not sure if you work weekends) but my anxiety about this tends to go down on weekends because if I can't sleep, it's okay, and I know I can nap or stay in bed later and not have to worry about functioning. I generally try to not use aids on the weekends (except last weekend I did because I had to wake up early for a race!) and what happens is I actually sleep on weekends but then sunday or monday night I start having trouble again, LOL. My husband has a poker night tonight, so he will be out late, not sure if that's good or bad for my sleep. Maybe I will sleep better because it will be quieter and i won't have him in bed watching weird shows on his tablet (but they actually put me to sleep last night?) but maybe I won't, not thinking too much about it. Not sure if you have pets, we have 3 (2 cats and a dog) and they all will sleep with us, I usually love it but sometimes I wonder if it's not good, my dog (all 11 lbs of him) stretches out and takes up room, and the one cat gets pissed if we sleep in so she starts meowing if we are still in bed at 7am, LOL

but slept eh ok

INP

Yeah 2 benadryl will do it.... Allthough I am taking Mirtazapine now before this I tried UNISOM SLEEP TABS, worked great... but only a couple days.

:thumbsup::smitten:

Yes! I agree!!! At least it is the weekend, (not sure if you work weekends) but my anxiety about this tends to go down on weekends because if I can't sleep, it's okay, and I know I can nap or stay in bed later and not have to worry about functioning. I generally try to not use aids on the weekends (except last weekend I did because I had to wake up early for a race!) and what happens is I actually sleep on weekends but then sunday or monday night I start having trouble again, LOL. My husband has a poker night tonight, so he will be out late, not sure if that's good or bad for my sleep. Maybe I will sleep better because it will be quieter and i won't have him in bed watching weird shows on his tablet (but they actually put me to sleep last night?) but maybe I won't, not thinking too much about it. Not sure if you have pets, we have 3 (2 cats and a dog) and they all will sleep with us, I usually love it but sometimes I wonder if it's not good, my dog (all 11 lbs of him) stretches out and takes up room, and the one cat gets pissed if we sleep in so she starts meowing if we are still in bed at 7am, LOL

I work all the time, run my own business so it is never ending... it is hard.....  but I deal.  Atleast it isn't week one being off because I was nonfunctional.  I don;t go off sleep aids as it will screw up the rythm, I would rather be dependant and beable to function as it will be easier to get off this stuff later than benzos... trust me I hate that it is that way and don;t want to be on anything, it scares me but I didn;t sleep at all.... my insomnia was frightening.  I did manage yesterday to lay down in the dayand I fell asleep on my own but only for a few minutes.... that is a good sign.  Anyway NO DOGS OR CATS IN THE BEDROOM!  I have 3 cats and they are not allowed... No tablets no anything.... you got to talk to your husband about that.  :)-

I work all the time, run my own business so it is never ending... it is hard.....  but I deal.  Atleast it isn't week one being off because I was nonfunctional.  I don;t go off sleep aids as it will screw up the rythm, I would rather be dependant and beable to function as it will be easier to get off this stuff later than benzos... trust me I hate that it is that way and don;t want to be on anything, it scares me but I didn;t sleep at all.... my insomnia was frightening.  I did manage yesterday to lay down in the dayand I fell asleep on my own but only for a few minutes.... that is a good sign.  Anyway NO DOGS OR CATS IN THE BEDROOM!  I have 3 cats and they are not allowed... No tablets no anything.... you got to talk to your husband about that.  :)-

It would be an experiment to sleep without the animals. Sometimes I sleep better without the dog there, but I do like having them. Getting my husband to not play games and watch shows on his tablet is a whole different story, LOL

It would be an experiment to sleep without the animals. Sometimes I sleep better without the dog there, but I do like having them. Getting my husband to not play games and watch shows on his tablet is a whole different story, LOL

I used to love sleeping with my pets but I'm to sensitive now.  I say if you continue with insomnia that would have to change.  Sux i know

Yup my wife and me have a small dog and she sleeps in the bed,  well my wife wanted another dog so I caved.  She was having both of them sleeon in our bed.  First 3 nights could hardly sleep between a wife and 2 dogs constantly moving,  snoring etc.  Last 3 nights I had her keep them downstairs.  I was finally able to get back to my 6+ hours.  I'm glad she realized having in the bed was hard on me and sleep.

Having 2 of them has helped the older one sleep alone.  Before the older pup would cry and cry if we left her alone,  nope with the new puppy she's ok sleeping with him on the couch.

I guess the extra pup might be a winfor me now haha

Yup my wife and me have a small dog and she sleeps in the bed,  well my wife wanted another dog so I caved.  She was having both of them sleeon in our bed.  First 3 nights could hardly sleep between a wife and 2 dogs constantly moving,  snoring etc.  Last 3 nights I had her keep them downstairs.  I was finally able to get back to my 6+ hours.  I'm glad she realized having in the bed was hard on me and sleep.

Having 2 of them has helped the older one sleep alone.  Before the older pup would cry and cry if we left her alone,  nope with the new puppy she's ok sleeping with him on the couch.

I guess the extra pup might be a winfor me now haha

This is a great reason for me to get another dog! :laugh: We have been keeping our dog out, or at least trying to, to help me. We have 2 cats too, but it is harder to prevent them from doing what they want because they become angry and determined. They don't generally bother me as much, though.

^ haha yea we have a cat also.  The cat now is super excited because he gets to sleep on the bed at the bottom near our feet.  But the cat is quiet and chill.  Our French Bulldogs are loud, snore and fart!!!

I will take the cat over the dogs any day  :sick: