Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I take Rovotril as a sleep aid. Guidance for increased dosage for jet lag

[sp...]

I take 0.5mg. of Rovotril every night, for sleep, as I have severe tinnitus, and cannot sleep without a sleeping pill. Believe me, I have tried everything else known to man. I have been taking it for three years now, with some success. I sleep ok, and manage to get 6-7 hours of sleep, most nights, even with a noise in my head that approximates the sound of a jet on the runway, waiting to get clearance for takeoff. My question is this. I travel alot, from Asia to the US. After being in Asia for extended periods, and landing in a place that is 14 hours earlier, jet lag can be tough. Would it be preferable for me to take 1mg. of Xanax, for a week, to acclimate to the new time zone, or up my dosage of Rovotril to 1mg. for one week? I am concerned about developing a tolerance to the higher dosage of Rovotril. Any advice is appreciated.

Rovotril is clonazepam (aka Klonopin).

It's really not a good idea to take a benzo long term and is probably going to backfire on you in the future. Be sure and taper properly if you need to cut back or get off. What other drugs have you tried? There are some that would be much preferable. I would not add another benzo (Xanax) or up the dose either.

There are ways to adapt to time changes by adjust sleep gradually beforehand and afterwards, also by using melatonin. I'll try and post some links later.