Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone else fall asleep and keep waking up?

[Vm...]

Hello,

I am just curious if anyone has the same issue. when I nap during the day, I have no issues waking up abruptly. I get a good three or four hours of sleep. When I try to go to bed for the evening, I wake up one or two times. Sometimes I can fall back asleep, sometimes I can't and I'm up until the morning hours. I know there are different forms of insomnia. There is the insomnia where you just cant sleep at all and there is other types of insomnia where your sleep routine is just messed up. I don't want to double post as I had another question earlier but my main question is are others abruptly awakened in the middle of the night once or multiple times?

Yes, many BBs in withdrawal and recovery awake one or many times in the night. If you are able to nap, that's great, though it may take sleep pressure away from nighttime sleeping.

It's hard to tell from your signature how much of what drug you are on. Could you add the dose please? Maybe put most current date at the bottom.

Best, Bennie

Thanks for the reply. I was not on that high of a dose of Risperdal. I was only on .5 mg but I was on it almost two years, which is long enough. Also, another thing that scared the witts out of me was I fell asleep last night at 11:30 to try to get my sleep back in order. I woke up at 1:15 am short of breath, with a headache and very confused after I had a nightmare. I felt like I was being suffocated and the short of breath continued for a few hours. I have bad health anxiety and I was freaking out thinking I have sleep apnea or have some other horrible medical condition. I googled and read it could be heart related but my common sense kicked in and I told myself I have had numerous testing done for my heart and my ankes weren't swollen. I also wasn't getting chest pains or racing heart.

It was just very scary to wake up like that. It wasn't a typical nocturnal panic attack with the shakes, heart palps, ect.

I am so scared to try to go back to sleep now.

I have had several nightmares that were hard to shake. I woke crying. Sometimes I'd have sleep paralysis. It would take me hours to feel settled. Seems like typical withdrawal stuff. Ugh.

At first, I had the sleep paralysis. When I fully fell asleep, I had the nightmare, which was a completely bizzare nightmare. I know it sounds weird (but they all are).....I was at the dentist and the assistant injected me with novicaine. I had a bad reaction where my throat closed up and I couldn't breathe. When I woke up, I jumped up really fast and felt like I was short of breath and I was suffocating. It was pretty scary!

I noticed when I sleep during the day, my sleep is not interrupted. I actually get a good sleep and sleep a good 5-6 hours. It is only interrupted at night when I try to go to bed at a normal time. I'm going to wait up another hour, take my klonopin and I guess call it a "day"!!!!  My days and nights are completely confused!

Hi! I don't nap regularly, so I can't speak to that (but I did take a nap last week for 2 hours which I was really happy about). However, I do have the exact same thing you are talking about. I have a difficult time falling asleep, and once I am asleep, I wake up somewhere between every 90 minutes to every 3 hours. I am not sure how long I stay awake for, sometimes I get up and pee or drink water, sometimes I lay there and kinda doze back off. The earlier I fall asleep, the more times I wake up... at the most 3-4x a night. Last night I think I fell asleep between 11:30-12, was awake at 2:58, back to sleep and then woke at 6:58 but couldn't go back to sleep after that. It's so frustrating! For me, the hardest part is the falling asleep at the beginning part, I get anxiety about it which makes it worse! I also have had nightmares that make me afraid to go back to sleep, AND nocturnal panic attacks like you described. I also have bad health anxiety too!!! And I google stuff like you did... we need to stop doing that! But it's hard. Many people in my life truly don't understand the health anxiety, and now they don't understand the insomnia. They think I am doing it to myself, and act like I need to just turn off my brain and stop thinking about it.. as if it were that easy! :idiot: Sorry about my rant, LOL. I just wanted you to know you are not alone!! I think it's a good sign we are sleeping, and that our brains will start connecting the dots more soon.