Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Insomnia is ruining me!!!! Please help!!!

[Vm...]

Woke up after bad nightmare short of breath and confused and headache. I have had insomnia the past three months after discontinuing risperdal and I am trying to get back into a normal sleep routine. I fell asleep at 11:30am and woke up at 1:15 am short of breath. It is now 645 am and i feel like i am still being suffocated. I keep trying to get a normal sleep routine back but keep waking up in the middle of the night almost every night. I also get sleep paralysis. The reason i am concerned is because im still short of breath. Of course google told me it could be heart failure or some other horror story. Anyone else ever short Of breath 2 hours after a nightmare? In the dream i was being suffocated by a dentist! Sounds nuts but its a typical nightmare. I just want one night of a peaceful sleep going to bed at a reasonable time. Im afraid to try and go back to sleep after waking up with the short of breath episode. Normally, I just cant fall asleep or wake up a few times a night but this was a bad night for me. I had sleep paralysis first after tossing and turning, eventually fell asleep, then had the nightmare and then woke up short of breath. I will be honest. I don't follow a normal daily routine. I barely leave the house, never get out and feel like I don't have a purpose. I was supposed to start fall classes at my college but I didn't register in time due to my Risperdal withdrwawal. Do a lot of people here have the same issues I do because you have no regular routine, do not exercise or get out? I just want to fix this but it is so hard to get out of this funk.

I responded to your other post, but I just didn't want this one to go unanswered! It is amazing that you got off risperdal!!  :thumbsup:

I had a scary nightmare a few nights ago about a demon possessing people, and thought "great, another reason to be anxious about sleep!"  I also have the health anxiety thing and looked up heart failure before, too!

I'm going to start researching CBT for insomnia and see if it can help at all. It can't hurt.