Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

I'm so glad I found this thread. I am having a very mild taper. A little anxiety on day 4, and I mean just a little. The worst is my mood drops. I suffer from major depressive disorder so this is what concerns me most. Two weeks after my taper, my mood lifts again. Sometimes I'll get a symptom and think "is this withdrawal" until I realize that I had this symptom before even going on a benzo. I have 2mg of Valium to go and I hope this is an indication of what it will be like when I take that final pill.  Thank you for posting your easier withdrawals because I can no longer read the horror stories. It increases the anxiety and I feel bad that so  many people have to go through this.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[glow=red,2,300]"Welcome"[/glow] Nomore, Olive Kitty, and Mobykal. May the reminder of your Journey be 💖 Peaceful and Healing.  :smitten:

Hi Friends!

Just back on BB after a year hiatus and I love this group! I started to read from where I left off a year ago but I realized that would take me all night so I just went back a few pages, it's good to see everyone doing so well. Gardie, YOU ARE OFF BENZOS! That is so exciting! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you  :D

I just started tapering again after a year and a half hold, and I agree with you, that time was not wasted. Now that I am tapering again it is going so much easier so far. I am holding onto faith that it will continue to be easier.

This is so good to read, Olive! :smitten:

And, yes, I am free! :yippee:

I'm so glad I found this thread. I am having a very mild taper. A little anxiety on day 4, and I mean just a little. The worst is my mood drops. I suffer from major depressive disorder so this is what concerns me most. Two weeks after my taper, my mood lifts again. Sometimes I'll get a symptom and think "is this withdrawal" until I realize that I had this symptom before even going on a benzo. I have 2mg of Valium to go and I hope this is an indication of what it will be like when I take that final pill.  Thank you for posting your easier withdrawals because I can no longer read the horror stories. It increases the anxiety and I feel bad that so  many people have to go through this.

Yes, I agree it's not helpful to read the horror stories. You're very near the end, so congratulations on making it this far. You're doing cut-and-hold (Ashton style)? Just be sure to hold as long as you need to between cuts and make smaller cuts if it gets rough. It sounds like you're paying attention to your symptoms and will know what to do. :thumbsup:

[glow=red,2,300]"Welcome"[/glow] Nomore, Olive Kitty, and Mobykal. May the reminder of your Journey be 💖 Peaceful and Healing.  :smitten:

hi begood  :thumbsup: thx for welcoming me and Olive and Moby

hi begood  :thumbsup: thx for welcoming me and Olive and Moby

:smitten::thumbsup:  :smitten:

Yes, I agree it's not helpful to read the horror stories. You're very near the end, so congratulations on making it this far. You're doing cut-and-hold (Ashton style)? Just be sure to hold as long as you need to between cuts and make smaller cuts if it gets rough. It sounds like you're paying attention to your symptoms and will know what to do. :thumbsup:

Pretty much the Ashton method just slower. I'll start going down my .5mg per month from now on. Holding if necessary. I haven't had to micro taper. I'm patient but I hate being tied to this drug.

Pretty much the Ashton method just slower. I'll start going down my .5mg per month from now on. Holding if necessary. I haven't had to micro taper. I'm patient but I hate being tied to this drug.

That's great that you found a system that works well for you. That's the key to this. And, as you said, being patient! You'll get to the end in good shape. :thumbsup:

click on the image to make it bigger:

0wXTuPL.jpg

well darn it , i had to put everything on HOLD again so i could re-switcheroo the dosing times for clonazepam...was getting tummy pains and waking up earlier and earlier to stare at the clock before time for my morning dose...and finally realized i was in Interdose Wthdrawals.. AGAIN. so i decided to fix that first before continiuing on DLMT.

so i have started the process of switching my doses around. this time it'll be taken evenly every 8 hours apart. before i was taking it at 8 am, 2pm and 8pm. i took a doubled dose in the evening, but it was wearing off before the moring dose cause i was going 12 hours from evening dose until morning dose...so no wonder. anyways, now i'm moving that 2pm dose over to 4pm and the 8pm dose over to midnite, but this time i'm going slower than the last switcheroos. last time i moved the doses by one hour each day. this time i'm moving them by 1/2 an hour each day.

once everything is in the right spots i'm gona hold til the beginning of november to see if my interdose wd's have resolved. if not, then i'll try moving them again to 4x daily dosing, but i really want to avoid that cause i'm trying to stay in bed 8 hours, and if i dose every 6 hours then i'll have to wake up to get my liquid dose from the fridge every night. hopefully it won't come to that!

the other possibility is my interdose wd's are from the seroquel. but i don't think so. i don't have to go as long between doses at night on seroquel, since i already take it 8 hours apart, evenly.

ah the many splendid wonders of tapering!

click on the image to make it bigger:

0wXTuPL.jpg

well darn it , i had to put everything on HOLD again so i could re-switcheroo the dosing times for clonazepam...was getting tummy pains and waking up earlier and earlier to stare at the clock before time for my morning dose...and finally realized i was in Interdose Wthdrawals.. AGAIN. so i decided to fix that first before continiuing on DLMT.

so i have started the process of switching my doses around. this time it'll be taken evenly every 8 hours apart. before i was taking it at 8 am, 2pm and 8pm. i took a doubled dose in the evening, but it was wearing off before the moring dose cause i was going 12 hours from evening dose until morning dose...so no wonder. anyways, now i'm moving that 2pm dose over to 4pm and the 8pm dose over to midnite, but this time i'm going slower than the last switcheroos. last time i moved the doses by one hour each day. this time i'm moving them by 1/2 an hour each day.

once everything is in the right spots i'm gona hold til the beginning of november to see if my interdose wd's have resolved. if not, then i'll try moving them again to 4x daily dosing, but i really want to avoid that cause i'm trying to stay in bed 8 hours, and if i dose every 6 hours then i'll have to wake up to get my liquid dose from the fridge every night. hopefully it won't come to that!

the other possibility is my interdose wd's are from the seroquel. but i don't think so. i don't have to go as long between doses at night on seroquel, since i already take it 8 hours apart, evenly.

ah the many splendid wonders of tapering!

You are doing the right thing to listen to your body, slow down when needed, adjust, then start again. This is not a sprint. It's a marathon. But it is worth it!

thank you so much Gardener for that. you're really encouraging! thanks for the validation.

(feeling soft n fuzzy for BBuddies like you)

thank you so much Gardener for that. you're really encouraging! thanks for the validation.

(feeling soft n fuzzy for BBuddies like you)

:smitten:

Today has been great so far! I got a good night sleep last night, woke up and ate a good balanced breakfast, and went for a 2,167  step walk around the neighborhood :) After the year and a half hold that I did, I can truly say that this is an 'easier taper'. (SO FAR)

Today has been great so far! I got a good night sleep last night, woke up and ate a good balanced breakfast, and went for a 2,167  step walk around the neighborhood :) After the year and a half hold that I did, I can truly say that this is an 'easier taper'. (SO FAR)

I love to hear this! I'm so happy for you!

"You Got This" :thumbsup:  💖Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Great.  :smitten::thumbsup:

Checking in and giving this a bump.

I jumped on August 1st, so it's been about 2 1/2 months. From here it looks like most of my current troubles are from chronic illness that I've had since before the benzo, not from benzo withdrawal. I'm still very sensitive to stress, but that could be from pre-benzo problems, too. I had one big step forward, I drove on the freeway for the first time in years! Not far and not during rush hour, but I could drive at 70mph and not feel like the word was moving scary fast.

I'm waiting to write my success story because I don't want to jinx myself.  ;):laugh:

I jumped on August 1st, so it's been about 2 1/2 months. From here it looks like most of my current troubles are from chronic illness that I've had since before the benzo, not from benzo withdrawal. I'm still very sensitive to stress, but that could be from pre-benzo problems, too. I had one big step forward, I drove on the freeway for the first time in years! Not far and not during rush hour, but I could drive at 70mph and not feel like the word was moving scary fast.

I'm waiting to write my success story because I don't want to jinx myself.  ;):laugh:

Great news Gardie, you did something you had such fear about and it turned out OK. I am the same way about a celebration post, not sure I am going to do that, I will keep a weekly plog about how I am doing. I am just going to do each day and not freak out about anything, just like I have been doing. Trust me I have wanted to freak out when I had two teeth crack off...all due to the  >:D benzo tooth destruction... :tickedoff: You got this, and like you said getting a bit stressed can bring things on, but you will get used to dealing with it. MC is willing to help in anyway he can... :D. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Great news Gardie, you did something you had such fear about and it turned out OK. I am the same way about a celebration post, not sure I am going to do that, I will keep a weekly plog about how I am doing. I am just going to do each day and not freak out about anything, just like I have been doing. Trust me I have wanted to freak out when I had two teeth crack off...all due to the  >:D benzo tooth destruction... :tickedoff: You got this, and like you said getting a bit stressed can bring things on, but you will get used to dealing with it. MC is willing to help in anyway he can... :D. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Oh, yeah, MC will help! :laugh: Or better yet, GC can drive for me during rush hour!  :2funny:

You're close to your own walk off now, aren't you? Maybe a month? :D

Oh, yeah, MC will help! :laugh: Or better yet, GC can drive for me during rush hour!  :2funny:

Yes I just heard from GC, she insists that you have her in the car... :D :D :D You are right, about a month or so. :smitten:

Yes I just heard from GC, she insists that you have her in the car... :D :D :D You are right, about a month or so. :smitten:

I never give you two pros advice, but now I must so your tapers don't get set back, or your jump......

never ever ride in car with GC driving.  I am still going to therapist.  :laugh: :laugh:

I never give you two pros advice, but now I must so your tapers don't get set back, or your jump......

never ever ride in car with GC driving.  I am still going to therapist.  :laugh: :laugh:

Mary proves she is a very wise woman. ;D

Awesome! That is so great to hear! Driving on the freeway is a huge milestone, congratulations! You could write a success story and then write another one in  a year or so when you are at the next level. So happy for you!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ha...]
    • [Li...]
    • [SB...]
    • [am...]
    • [fa...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Fi...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]