Xanax v. Klonopin

[Ba...]

Hi Barto,

Good to hear that you've got what you wanted. You know I'm a little skeptical about the switch, but it is important that you are comfortable and in charge of your taper, so this is good news. :)

Hey Barto... crossing over to Xanax, you mean?

It will be interesting to observe your progress as you attempt to get off Xanax using Xanax. I'm like Colin, I ain't about to say it can't be done. No way! If a man wants something bad enough... :)

*If* you don't mind, post details of your starting point (the amount per day), and do you have any idea how long this will take you?

Ten

I have completely gone over to Klonopin.  I am now taking 2 mg Klonopin per day.  I was taking a combo of 1.5mg Xanax and 1mg Klonopin.  I will taper off the Klonopin (rather than Xanax) per doctor’s suggestion.  Today, I may try to cut to 1.75 mg.  I take most of the dose at night, taking .25 mg twice daily.  So far, so good.  I am also working out hard and caffeine free a few days, but I am really craving tea, so that may go bye-bye. 

Anyone want to post back about their caffeine during withdrawal experience?  Anyone also have tinnitus experience?  My doctor thinks the caffeine may have been making my tinnitus worse, if not causing it. 

BTW, thanks guys. 

I still have discernible tinnitus, Barto! lol Sometimes quite loud. It is so odd because I swear I am able to just shrug it off (and it either goes away or I forget about it, one).

It's weird, our differences.

Hey, plz don't think I'm getting off scott-free. I posted elsewhere about some serious social awkwardness that I didn't have while on K.

So it's a challenge for me, to be sure. :)

Hey man - you hang in ok? Keep posting - I'm going to check your blog.

:crazy:This is your blog you nut. But this is good, too!

Tinnitus -

Dude, everything started during w/d. lol

Yes. It became, well, evident once I no longer had that powerful buffer, Vitamin K in my head. :tickedoff:

Hi, Barto,

It would probably be better for you to post on your blog unless you have a specific question about withdrawal or tapering, in which case you could start a new thread in the appropriate area of the forum (in General Withdrawal Support, etc.). If you're just chatting or journaling your day, that would best be done on your blog.

Hope that helps!

Therese

• Popular Now

• [...]
    • [...]