A little Humor- You Know you are Tapering or Withdrawing from Benzos When....

[li...]

You chop off your hair because you no longer can manage it. Keeping up the color is out of the question. Roots anyone? Showering, hahaaaa! Nightmare!

Roots have become more than roots at this point!

You get up at 4:00 in the morning and make your own coffee. You grind the beans with your teeth and boil the water with your rage. Before you leave for work, you check the front door a dozen times to make sure it's locked. Then a few miles down the road, you turn around, go back, and check it a dozen more times. The local police call you "The Road Worrier". When you finally get to the office, you discover you've forgotten your wallet - and your shirt's on inside-out. You focus intently on your work, but it seems everyone else does nothing but talk all day long. You want them to shut up. Sometimes you even growl at them. You pray that you'll go deaf. On the drive home, you realize that everyone in the world is stupid, and they're all driving in front of you. When you get home, you nuke a bowl of canned soup and look at the long list of things you have to do. You set it aside and log on to benzo buddies instead. You go to bed and drift off to sleep thinking how everything will be different tomorrow, and you'll be back to your old self.

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

• 2 weeks later...
When you finally get up the courage to boil eggs ( Did that this morning) The first 4 I forgot about and they burned. The next batch I pulled too soon and they were raw. Finally got it right the third time. Victory! Got 2 good boiled eggs out of 12 in 3 tries, wow! Progress! Called my husband and said were out of eggs, he started cracking up, it was a good laugh for both of us. I now have squash in the oven, good luck to me. If I burn it up, it's just a damn squash.

When you finally get up the courage to boil eggs ( Did that this morning) The first 4 I forgot about and they burned. The next batch I pulled too soon and they were raw. Finally got it right the third time. Victory! Got 2 good boiled eggs out of 12 in 3 tries, wow! Progress! Called my husband and said were out of eggs, he started cracking up, it was a good laugh for both of us. I now have squash in the oven, good luck to me. If I burn it up, it's just a damn squash.

Oh....this is a good one!  Cooking horrors during benzo w/d. I guess you know you're in a taper or withdrawing from benzos when....you stare blankly at a grill cheese sandwich as it starts to billow smoke.... and you just keep standing there and stare! (true story)

You realize that your nightdress and robe are hanging on you, and that you have lost some serious weight, which heaven knows you needed to. Just not this way.

In more normal times you would be happily rushing to the store to indulge in a major shopping spree, spending money like water on smaller sized clothes,

Because normality has left the building, and you have no energy to shop, you thankfully pull on the old nightie and robe, and crawl back to bed.

You realize that your nightdress and robe are hanging on you, and that you have lost some serious weight, which heaven knows you needed to. Just not this way.

In more normal times you would be happily rushing to the store to indulge in a major shopping spree, spending money like water on smaller sized clothes,

Because normality has left the building, and you have no energy to shop, you thankfully pull on the old nightie and robe, and crawl back to bed.

I can SO relate to this!  :laugh:

Baddove- thought it was just me with the burnt eggs- the whole house was filled with smoke from my burnt eggs before I even realized it!! Haven't got up the nerve to boil any since...I just scramble them  when I can just stay by the fry  pan constantly stirring!

• 2 weeks later...
When the person on the phone asks you what the first name of the best man at your wedding was as a security question and you reply, "You mean my husband's wedding or mine?" 

When the person on the phone asks you what the first name of the best man at your wedding was as a security question and you reply, "You mean my husband's wedding or mine?"

:laugh: :laugh:

I finally did end going through with it and cutting my own hair about two weeks ago and it was a great decision. Wish I would of done it sooner! 8)

... you have your hair chopped off because you just can't give a s**t about styling it anymore.

:crazy:

Omg I've wanted to do this several times because I can't get anywhere to get it done but I was told not to by my mom. Everyday it looks worse. Might have to!

Oh my god I really lol'ed at that! So funny

:laugh: :laugh:

...When you spill food on your shirt EVERYDAY but can't be bothered to change.

When you burn your frozen pizza because you were too tired to get back up to set the timer (after remembering you forgot to set it).

When you you start to have less LEGIT life worries because you can't remember them. (But more nonsensical anxiety).

When just today you were called a vampire.

:D

When you've lost your keys (several times), your cellphone (it's GONE), and other essentials.

When you start misspelling words you never had a problem with before.

When you start TALKING LIKE YODA because your accidently change the order of all the words in a sentence.

:laugh:

When you burn your frozen pizza because you were too tired to get back up to set the timer (after remembering you forgot to set it).

When you you start to have less LEGIT life worries because you can't remember them. (But more nonsensical anxiety).

When you've lost your keys (several times), your cellphone (it's GONE), and other essentials.

When you start TALKING LIKE YODA because your accidently change the order of all the words in a sentence.

I can relate to all of these!  :laugh:

You look in the mirror and wonder who the fat girl is looking back at you.

That's an early indicator of MPS (Mirror Phobia Syndrome).  At stage two you just stop using mirrors.  There's a pill for that.  Heard an ad for it on the radio.  Said that I should see my doctor before it's too late and ask him if it's right for me.

YEAH!!! I am Yoda...

YEAH!!! I am Yoda...

Me three!  :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:

YEAH!!! I am Yoda...

today I even look like yoda. Didn't drink much, forgot it.. damn.. :crazy::tickedoff:

YEAH!!! I am Yoda...

today I even look like yoda. Didn't drink much, forgot it.. damn.. :crazy::tickedoff:

Marigold you are a treasure.  :smitten::hug:  :smitten:

When you cant stand another persons presence and every word out of their mouth bothers you but you also hate being alone with your thoughts

When you cancel almost every social event due to randomly being sick 365 days of the year

When your Mary Poppins one minute and Freddy Kruger the next

When you have no job, no social life, live back with your mum and only listen to music and browse the internet all day...

When your awake but you question if you really are awake

lol

YEAH!!! I am Yoda...

Marigold you are a treasure.  :smitten::hug:  :smitten:

Tell me more, tell me more, was it love at first sight...lalala!!!! :smitten: :smitten:

(I am still under that topic about movie lines!).. thank you!