Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Klonopin and Paxil

[be...]

Does anyone have experience using Paxil to help alleviate anxiety caused by Klonopin withdrawal? I am currently on 3 mg of klonopin (past 5 months) and want to begin a taper soon.

Do NOT start paxhell.You will experience sidefects and major withdrawal from that hell drug.If you go to paxilprogress.org you will find ALLOT of people going through hell right now trying to taper off of it.I to have gone through hell with this drug a few years ago myself.There is a titration method on this board to help you with the klonopin and there are members here as well to help you taper.There are a few ways to alleviate the anxiety as well with out taking a mind bending s.s.r.i.There's meditation,talk therapy, natural supplements....Others members will post on this soon.Please do research on paxil.Raven

Hi,

As Raven said, you coulduse titration to withdraw off the Klonopin. Quite a number of drugs have been marketed as helping with withdrawal, but if any help at all, the probably have more downsides than up. The key to a successful withdrawal is to make it a slow smooth withdrawal - titration can help with this. All it amounts to is that it allows you to make very small cuts to your dose so that you body hardy notices it.

I've started a thread here about out method and will be updating it shortly. Do reply to my post if you have any questions, or start a thread of you own.

Hi,

I was on Paxil, it is not worth it, trust me.  very bad drug with major side effects and massive withdrawal problems.  If you can help it, do not go there.

Lori

I have to agree with Raven and Lori. I've never been on Paxil myself, but I know two people who were--one was a pharmacist--and both told me that they went through hell trying to get off.

If you need help with anxiety, you can try something called Calms Forte, which you can buy at a natural foods store. It's marketed for insomnia, but you can also take it throughout the day. But the real idea behind doing a taper is to go slowly enough that you aren't climbing the walls and wouldn't need to take a supplement for anxiety each and every day--only when you needed it.