Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Ok, my pharmacy was back ordered on Mylan brand diazepam and had to switch to a different manufacture.

I noticed different withdrawals on day two, actually a stimulation in my muscles.

I figured that I would hold at 1.5mg and wait out the withdrawals. On day 14 I noticed more withdrawals and today it's getting worse.

Today  I started running a mild fever of 100, stomach cramping, GI issues, feet cramping bad so I know these are typical withdrawals.

My concern is the fever part. I looked up Valium withdrawals and a mild fever is also a withdrawal.

Anybody think any different?

No, I first assumed that WD wouldnt cause an actual significant rise in temp... But it has...

I first thought it was a real flue or cold, but due to having no spleen I am tested quickly in that situation and usually I was in the clear...

Incidently, when Pathology has shown that I am extreemly sick, I have hardly registered it with symptoms...

Makes it tricky... 107 was my best spike, but more up to 105... But in a situation a bit more complex than general WD...

I hope others can provide a clearer answer for you..

I am realy amazed, but not doubting, the problems many are having with all the generic changes.. So much for the slogan they push that generics are just the same..

I hope you bounce back real soon Caltn,

Take care..

:)

Thanks Cantfly

I ended up getting a shot and my white blood count and fever broke. I was running 103 for a couple days, feel better but still not great.

That must have sucked.. :(

Its good there was something to help you though, I guess there is an occasional win with medicines..

Hope you are still on the up n up, and this is behind you..

Fight on...

Thanks, begood.

I do plan to reduce only 5 percent per 36 days (I have worked out how with a milk solution).  I am not sure if I need to hold after each 36 days or not.  It would take me six months to get .25 mg. Valium reduced if I reduce 5 percent, and then hold a month or six weeks with each 5 percent reduction. 

I am pessimistically thinking it is going to still take years to come off entirely.  I can't tolerate derealization, as I have a history of nervous breakdowns.

Thank you very much for encouraging me.  You were a life saver when I was reducing too fast from 4 mg. Valium, beginning about a year ago.

You have a good plan, you will feel better, time will go faster than you think. I know from my experience it is so worth it, trust the process of healing and having suffered so much those first two times, it is so nice now to just have blips. Stay Strong, and just take one day at a time. :smitten:

Hi Guys...

Julianna, I just wanted to support this... Towards the end I could only drop about 1v per year... Even that was touch n go with the 0.25 cuts, But I feel micro tapering in some form would have helped a fair bit... (I couldnt)

A big hi to Heath also, and ofcourse BG...

Hi Can’t! I do so hope you are doing ok.

And I do so support the advice you and Begood are giving.

I too am going so slowly! It took me over 1 1/2 years, probably longer to get from 1mg Valium to .35

Now my 5% cut is only about .021mg reduction!

I’m learning the hard way that 6% of a small amount gets even smaller and smaller every time I cut.

Oh brother! If I am off in another years time....and I don’t know that I will, but I’ll be very very grateful!

But I’m hangin in here to the very end!

I often think of Lynne 33 and Ann and I remember how they wLked off after tapering down all the way to just about 0.  I hope I can do that too.

Heath :smitten:  :):thumbsup:

You are too kind Heath.. :) well, -Extra special kinda kind...!!

Yes, I am doing Great now thanks.. A few ups n downs and a bit sensitive or fragile if I overdo it.. But bounce back..

It was great to read your post.. soon we will need a 0.3, .2, .1... group.. lol

I have noticed that a few of us start to see interesting things at this type of low dose when tapering rather slowly.. It was at 0.5v that I felt changes that told me I would be ok.. A freshness and vibrance that crept in, and just a general feeling deep inside me..

Your doing great, I remember when we met and it wasnt so good... But you found your way..

I often think of Lynn, I didnt know Ann as well...

Infact I was talking about her with the kids a couple of days ago.. I sure miss her morning descriptions of her wonderful river house and little boat..

I believe she is doing well... :)

Take care my friend..

Thanks, begood.

I do plan to reduce only 5 percent per 36 days (I have worked out how with a milk solution).  I am not sure if I need to hold after each 36 days or not.  It would take me six months to get .25 mg. Valium reduced if I reduce 5 percent, and then hold a month or six weeks with each 5 percent reduction. 

I am pessimistically thinking it is going to still take years to come off entirely.  I can't tolerate derealization, as I have a history of nervous breakdowns.

Thank you very much for encouraging me.  You were a life saver when I was reducing too fast from 4 mg. Valium, beginning about a year ago.

You have a good plan, you will feel better, time will go faster than you think. I know from my experience it is so worth it, trust the process of healing and having suffered so much those first two times, it is so nice now to just have blips. Stay Strong, and just take one day at a time. :smitten:

Hi Guys...

Julianna, I just wanted to support this... Towards the end I could only drop about 1v per year... Even that was touch n go with the 0.25 cuts, But I feel micro tapering in some form would have helped a fair bit... (I couldnt)

I too am going so slowly! It took me over 1 1/2 years, probably longer to get from 1mg Valium to .35

I’m learning the hard way that 6% of a small amount gets even smaller and smaller every time I cut.

Oh brother! If I am off in another years time....and I don’t know that I will, but I’ll be very very grateful!

I often think of Lynne 33 and Ann and I remember how they wLked off after tapering down all the way to just about 0.  I hope I can do that too.

Yes, I am doing Great now thanks.. A few ups n downs and a bit sensitive or fragile if I overdo it.. But bounce back..

I have noticed that a few of us start to see interesting things at this type of low dose when tapering rather slowly.. It was at 0.5v that I felt changes that told me I would be ok.. A freshness and vibrance that crept in, and just a general feeling deep inside me..

Your doing great, I remember when we met and it wasnt so good... But you found your way..

Infact I was talking about her with the kids a couple of days ago.. I sure miss her morning descriptions of her wonderful river house and little boat..

Take care my friend..

Heath as Cant said, Lynn is doing great, hoping to be a Grandmother, so she can take baby on adventures. Anne has not walked off yet, her Hubby has been very ill, and she is working. Hi Cant. :smitten:

Thanks, begood.

Hi Guys...

Take care my friend..

Heath as Cant said, Lynn is doing great, hoping to be a Grandmother, so she can take baby on adventures. Anne has not walked off yet, her Hubby has been very ill, and she is working. Hi Cant. :smitten:

Hi BG.. Ta for the update on Lynn and Anne..

Hope you are doing it BG style today.. Cool, calm and collected...

I’m at .8mg of liquid V. Holding until mid November, then I’m going to stick with a microtaper. I am going to do it this time and not get impatient and drop too much! At this low level- every tiny fluctuation is rough.

I plan on walking off sometime in spring 2019. I cannot wait!!

StTeresaA,

I can so relate and appreciate what you are saying and doing. You are not alone in the slow taper off of what I call crumbs. Girl we will slide off slowly together. I too will be holding for a bit to allow brain to catch up to my last bit of reduction and then will slow this taper down to a slow motion crawl. I have decided that a quality of life, even if it is at my yucky baseline is better than the pain and difficulty of tapering to hard or fast. Perhaps just perhaps this will leave us healing more and more along the way as well.

Hang in there hun, you are doing a fabulous job!  :smitten:

I’m at .8mg of liquid V. Holding until mid November, then I’m going to stick with a microtaper. I am going to do it this time and not get impatient and drop too much! At this low level- every tiny fluctuation is rough.

I plan on walking off sometime in spring 2019. I cannot wait!!

Hi I think a hold is going to help you feel better. The reason when lower, the percentage is higher that we cut...fractions get bigger, so make sure you do not cut too much. I hear a microtaper is a good plan, because you can adjust as you go down and hold until you feel better. If you start feeling bad, you are going too fast for your Brain to keep up, and remember it can be trying to catch up from cuts for longer than we think. You will walk off...Patience and Time. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

StTeresaA,

I can so relate and appreciate what you are saying and doing. You are not alone in the slow taper off of what I call crumbs. Girl we will slide off slowly together. I too will be holding for a bit to allow brain to catch up to my last bit of reduction and then will slow this taper down to a slow motion crawl. I have decided that a quality of life, even if it is at my yucky baseline is better than the pain and difficulty of tapering to hard or fast. Perhaps just perhaps this will leave us healing more and more along the way as well.

Hang in there hun, you are doing a fabulous job!  :smitten:

Kasey you are nailing this taper, and you said a mouthful, that

"Quality of Life" is more important...Yes it certainly is, my first two tapers from hell, I rushed and my cuts too big...now just blips and not feeling bad. Holding for a bit will indeed help you feel better, and then a slow turtle crawl and a walk off with fumes...a good plan, it is my plan and I know others that have done the same and doing well, Serenitee comes to mind. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

I’m almost there.  Looking for any stories of easy 3 to 0 tapers.

I agree with Cant, a great sig. The time will pass fast and you still can post here anytime. Lots of reading. 💖 Peace and Healing.

I’m almost there.  Looking for any stories of easy 3 to 0 tapers.

Hi Magnolis. I’m down to 1.5 now. It hasn’t been easy but not really any harder than it’s been since under 5 mg. Just more of the same crap!

While I’m here, how many of you have seen and taken the survey at the top of the page under “news”? First I want to see if people are actually seeing it and filling it out. And if you haven’t, please go and do it for me!

HEY HOPE!!! :yippee:

That is fantastic that you have reached 1.5mg. That is huge! I am so happy for you and thrilled to see you posting.

I was actually thinking about you and our small group and wondered how everyone is doing.  :smitten:

HEY HOPE!!! :yippee:

That is fantastic that you have reached 1.5mg. That is huge! I am so happy for you and thrilled to see you posting.

I was actually thinking about you and our small group and wondered how everyone is doing.  :smitten:

Yay Kasey, I just replied on ed’s Blog but how are you? You are so low now. How are you feeling? It’s rough over here but I’m making it. Do you plan to taper down to nothing? I haven’t figured out that part yet as to what dose to jump at. Will probably go as low as I can.

Well ya know, just by the nature of the benzo beast for me, I will be MT down to crumbs and may even lick my fingers for days after my last dose.

Because of the vast difference people have on how far they have to taper before jumping, I have discovered I am one of those that will have to carefully and ever so slowly taper the remaining few ML. Not to despair, healing is happening along the way and will continue to do so. I am one of the very fortunate ones that feels the intense symptoms no matter how low I get.  We are a group who perseveres and endures with great ability. My goodness the character we are developing.

Hope you are doing a grand job and will rise above this to do much greater things! thank you for being our voice and fighting for awareness with FDA and such about benzo's.

(()) :smitten:

Hi folks, sorry to hijack - but for those doing a cut and hold, I was thinking of jumping at my current dosage of .5 of V. But now I am getting cold feet and thinking of doing .25 mg for a few more weeks. My doctor laughed when I suggested it and said it shouldn't make any difference - but had also laughed when I said I wanted to reduce by ,25 mg when I got down to 5 mg of V.

Am I prolonging the agony? My main symptoms are anxiety/panic attacks and agoraphobia. My short term memory is also shot!

Hi folks, sorry to hijack - but for those doing a cut and hold, I was thinking of jumping at my current dosage of .5 of V. But now I am getting cold feet and thinking of doing .25 mg for a few more weeks. My doctor laughed when I suggested it and said it shouldn't make any difference - but had also laughed when I said I wanted to reduce by ,25 mg when I got down to 5 mg of V.

Am I prolonging the agony? My main symptoms are anxiety/panic attacks and agoraphobia. My short term memory is also shot!

I had to..  A 0.5v jump didnt work so well for me... 0.25v was better... Considering my taper speed, I was very surprised at how deep V hook went in...  I guess it depends on how your recent cuts have gone... Drs just look at it all the wrong way...

I had to..  A 0.5v jump didnt work so well for me... 0.25v was better... Considering my taper speed, I was very surprised at how deep V hook went in...  I guess it depends on how your recent cuts have gone... Drs just look at it all the wrong way...

If I may - you have everything to gain by going slow and waiting a few more weeks. Ere on the side of caution. Healing is ongoing and this will give you that little bit more time to ease into hitting '0'. :smitten:

I think your advice is wise Cant. I felt awful yesterday. Had a massive headache/earache and jaw pain on one side. Had it all night long and started to worry it was an infected tooth as I haven't seen a dentist in so long as I am too agoraphobic. But woke up this morning and it was gone. Thank goodness!

I think I might try cutting to .25 of valium in a day or so. And you are right about the doctors. I don't get why they don't listen to their patients. My doctor thinks my symptoms are psychological, so I don't like to talk about symptoms anymore.

I think your advice is wise Cant. I felt awful yesterday. Had a massive headache/earache and jaw pain on one side. Had it all night long and started to worry it was an infected tooth as I haven't seen a dentist in so long as I am too agoraphobic. But woke up this morning and it was gone. Thank goodness!

I think I might try cutting to .25 of valium in a day or so. And you are right about the doctors. I don't get why they don't listen to their patients. My doctor thinks my symptoms are psychological, so I don't like to talk about symptoms anymore.

Thanks Opti,

I shudder to think how much dental work (and GI imaging) has been done due to Benzo WD..!!

Many Drs cant think beyond therapeutic effect, and while they know the word "tolerance", It seems they dont know its meaning...!!

-A big thanks to all the good Drs out there...

Can't, what symptoms made it difficult for you to jump from .5 of valium? Anxiety, or other stuff?

Can't, what symptoms made it difficult for you to jump from .5 of valium? Anxiety, or other stuff?

No, anxiety came as I got stable on 0.25v and post taper.. Though it could have been the jump from 0.5v that triggered it a bit... It started with the physical jittery tension and agitation...

It was my normal SX profile that hit me hard at a couple of months out... -GI, muscles, light n sound sensitivities, vision loss, T increased, shakes, sweats, brain fog, fatigue, neuropathic skin flushing, bladder, appetite... etc...

It wasnt that these popped up, as they are mostly normal for my waves... -But the intensity was a real shock, and I knew there was more to come...  -no thanks...

No, anxiety came as I got stable on 0.25v and post taper.. Though it could have been the jump from 0.5v that triggered it a bit... It started with the physical jittery tension and agitation...

It was my normal SX profile that hit me hard at a couple of months out... -GI, muscles, light n sound sensitivities, vision loss, T increased, shakes, sweats, brain fog, fatigue, neuropathic skin flushing, bladder, appetite... etc...

It wasnt that these popped up, as they are mostly normal for my waves... -But the intensity was a real shock, and I knew there was more to come...  -no thanks...

Oh dear....anxiety is bad for me now and I haven't gotten down to .25v yet. I know we are all different though

Hoping it will be just more of the same! Wondering how common panic attacks and agoraphobia are in a slow taper like mine- curious if I am one of the unlucky minority.

Thanks Can't  :smitten: