Help!! Titration plan for .125 mg Klonopin

[Ap...]

So I started to drink klonopin milk and I am having anxiety.

I plopped a .5 mg k into a glass jar and poured 50 ml of whole milk over it. I left it over night. The next day I shook this really well and then pulled 12.5 ml out into 4 divided doses.  I noticed there was sediment left on the glass jar that contained the full 50 ml and I wondered if that was a lot of klonopin left behind which freaked me out.  I also noticed a sediment left over after taking the divided doses but I just scooped it out and swallowed it. Is this not a big deal to see this sediment clinging to the glass wall? Does the klonopin get absorbed into the milk pretty evenly so that each divided dose does actually contain about . 125 of k?

I am also worried that sometimes a drop or two of k milk falls out from the syringe or once from opening the jar.  I know that the irregularities in the process are less and more subtle that just dry cutting, but it is hard to believe that my actual does of .125 k is in the divided milk in mostly even amounts.

I don't know if this makes sense, but I am just wondering if these issues sound normal and are nothing to be concerned about and also if a klonopin pill left to dissolve over night absorbs into milk evenly? (Obviously I shook it before dividing it).

Thanks

So I started to drink klonopin milk and I am having anxiety.

I plopped a .5 mg k into a glass jar and poured 50 ml of whole milk over it. I left it over night. The next day I shook this really well and then pulled 12.5 ml out into 4 divided doses.  I noticed there was sediment left on the glass jar that contained the full 50 ml and I wondered if that was a lot of klonopin left behind which freaked me out.  I also noticed a sediment left over after taking the divided doses but I just scooped it out and swallowed it. Is this not a big deal to see this sediment clinging to the glass wall? Does the klonopin get absorbed into the milk pretty evenly so that each divided dose does actually contain about . 125 of k?

I am also worried that sometimes a drop or two of k milk falls out from the syringe or once from opening the jar.  I know that the irregularities in the process are less and more subtle that just dry cutting, but it is hard to believe that my actual does of .125 k is in the divided milk in mostly even amounts.

I don't know if this makes sense, but I am just wondering if these issues sound normal and are nothing to be concerned about and also if a klonopin pill left to dissolve over night absorbs into milk evenly? (Obviously I shook it before dividing it).

Thanks

That all sounds normal.  It is not uncommon to feel symptoms on the switch to liquid...we don't know why.  But the milk method works well for K; it is reliable.  Make sure you use whole milk and make sure you get all the milk, i.e., rinse and drink the empty jar.  The sediment is no big deal.  As long as the pill broke apart thoroughly, the K dissolved.  Most of the pill is inert filler (the pill weighs ~170mg but only .5mg is K - that's 99.7% filler!).  It sounds like you are doing things right.  You might want to shake it every so often.

• 2 weeks later...

So my milk dosing has been going great.  I have not yet taken out any thing and am just getting used to the milk.  I have been doing this for 9 days. 

I was putting each dose of klonopin milk into baby food jars but the lids were being wonky and some almost spilled out and this made me anxious.  So I switched to plastic containers.  I pulled my dose out today, ready to drink and noticed something really odd.  The milk seemed way thicker (no smell, it had NOT spoiled) and I sipped it and it tasted bitter.

I am guessing that the problem was with the plastic container and some weird chemical reaction happened or something.

I will obviously be putting my future doses into glass jars from now on. 

Do you think that plastic containers can have an effect on the milk/klonopin solution?  Hopefully the sip I took does not make me ill.

Do you think that klonopin dissolved in milk is ok by day 3 or 4?

I was not sure what to do for my dose tonight and this is making me freak out.  (Yes, I have an anxiety disorder).  I grabbed a .5 mg pill and crushed it up and it is now sitting in a fresh batch of 50 ml of milk.  I think I am going to let it sit for about two hours and then take 12.5 ml out of it (that is my reg. dose). I will just take this dose way later tonight then I usually take it.  I am worried that it will not have time to be fully dissolved into the fat of the milk.  I am used to letting it sit over night.  I don't want to take my dry dose as I have gotten used to drinking the milk (even though I am not taking any thing out).

What do you do if something screws up and you need to make the milk up fresh?  Is crushing it and waiting two hours as it sits in the milk ok?

What are the best containers to use?

So my milk dosing has been going great.  I have not yet taken out any thing and am just getting used to the milk.  I have been doing this for 9 days. 

I was putting each dose of klonopin milk into baby food jars but the lids were being wonky and some almost spilled out and this made me anxious.  So I switched to plastic containers.  I pulled my dose out today, ready to drink and noticed something really odd.  The milk seemed way thicker (no smell, it had NOT spoiled) and I sipped it and it tasted bitter.

I am guessing that the problem was with the plastic container and some weird chemical reaction happened or something.

I will obviously be putting my future doses into glass jars from now on. 

Do you think that plastic containers can have an effect on the milk/klonopin solution?  Hopefully the sip I took does not make me ill.

Do you think that klonopin dissolved in milk is ok by day 3 or 4?

I was not sure what to do for my dose tonight and this is making me freak out.  (Yes, I have an anxiety disorder).  I grabbed a .5 mg pill and crushed it up and it is now sitting in a fresh batch of 50 ml of milk.  I think I am going to let it sit for about two hours and then take 12.5 ml out of it (that is my reg. dose). I will just take this dose way later tonight then I usually take it.  I am worried that it will not have time to be fully dissolved into the fat of the milk.  I am used to letting it sit over night.  I don't want to take my dry dose as I have gotten used to drinking the milk (even though I am not taking any thing out).

What do you do if something screws up and you need to make the milk up fresh?  Is crushing it and waiting two hours as it sits in the milk ok?

What are the best containers to use?

The first thing to realize is that even if you missed an entire dose it is not the end of the world.  It sounds like what you did will be fine.  Shake the liquid before you draw off your dose to be sure, but I think two hours is plenty of time.

I'd stick with glass.  Plastic food containers are pretty inert and I would think they are fine also.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok,

So I have been tapering for about 18 days now.  I have .5 mg of K and I dissolve this into 50 ml of whole milk.  I divide this into 4 parts, each part is 12.5 ml of whole milk.  The dose I started at on before titrating was .125 mg taken once a day in the evening.  So, I have been removing klonopin milk in .05 ml increments from 12.5 ml (.125 mg) each night.

Tonight it will be day 19 and I will need to remove .95 ml.  I have no idea what dose is then left that I actually take as I am just focused on removing the correct amount each night.

I hardly have any withdrawal symptoms at all accept some irritability and panic when I am hungry. 

I actually feel way worse simple taking the klonopin as it causes depression and jitteriness even at this low of a dose.

So I want to try to speed up the taper in a way that is still very reasonable.  I am wondering if I could remove klonopin each night in .07 increments.  If this does not work, I will hold and just go back to .05.

I just don't know what this would look like starting at the point I am at right now.  If today is day 19 and I should be removing .95 ml from 12.5 ml, (I removed .90 last night), then what would I be removing tonight if I increase to a .07 reduction?  What would the pattern look like for a few days in a row?

What would the taper percentage look like and about how long would it take me to get off of the 12.5 ml at .07 reduction rate?

Thanks

Ok,

So I have been tapering for about 18 days now.  I have .5 mg of K and I dissolve this into 50 ml of whole milk.  I divide this into 4 parts, each part is 12.5 ml of whole milk.  The dose I started at on before titrating was .125 mg taken once a day in the evening.  So, I have been removing klonopin milk in .05 ml increments from 12.5 ml (.125 mg) each night.

Tonight it will be day 19 and I will need to remove .95 ml.  I have no idea what dose is then left that I actually take as I am just focused on removing the correct amount each night.

I hardly have any withdrawal symptoms at all accept some irritability and panic when I am hungry. 

I actually feel way worse simple taking the klonopin as it causes depression and jitteriness even at this low of a dose.

So I want to try to speed up the taper in a way that is still very reasonable.  I am wondering if I could remove klonopin each night in .07 increments.  If this does not work, I will hold and just go back to .05.

I just don't know what this would look like starting at the point I am at right now.  If today is day 19 and I should be removing .95 ml from 12.5 ml, (I removed .90 last night), then what would I be removing tonight if I increase to a .07 reduction?  What would the pattern look like for a few days in a row?

What would the taper percentage look like and about how long would it take me to get off of the 12.5 ml at .07 reduction rate?

Thanks

Your dose is .125mg and you are using .01mg/ml liquid K.  This means each ml equals .01mg K and your .05ml cut is .0005mg.  If you cut this way to the end it would take 12.7ml/.05ml=254 days.  If you went up to .07ml it would take 12.7/.07=181 days.  It has been 18 days.  If you feel good I think trying .075ml makes sense.  Give that a spin for a few weeks and if it works out you might then try .1ml.

I need help with the math.  I am on day 19 and would be typically taking out .95 ml tonight as I took out .90 last night.  What would be the amount that I would take out tonight instead if I am going by .07 and not .05?

Also, what would this be for the next 3 days, so I can get a sense of the pattern?

I know this is a totally obvious answer, but I was never very good at math and klonopin makes me feel like I have brain damage on top of that. I feel like I cannot do simple things, so sorry if I sound like an idiot.

I need help with the math.  I am on day 19 and would be typically taking out .95 ml tonight as I took out .90 last night.  What would be the amount that I would take out tonight instead if I am going by .07 and not .05?

Also, what would this be for the next 3 days, so I can get a sense of the pattern?

I know this is a totally obvious answer, but I was never very good at math and klonopin makes me feel like I have brain damage on top of that. I feel like I cannot do simple things, so sorry if I sound like an idiot.

Yeah, these drugs do awful things to the brain.  Instead of.07ml, I'd go with .075ml just to keep on easy numbers on the syringe.  That is exactly half way between .05ml and .1ml.  The next few days you would toss...

.975ml

1.05ml

1.125ml

1.2ml

1.275ml

• 10 months later...

Well it worked.  I am 2 months off klonopin. Thanks SG57 for your taper plan and for doing really basic math for me. You saved my life.  I don't know if you are out there or will see this.  I guess I am just posting this just to say it.  I will be writing a success story soon once I feel fully normal. 

I had been off klonopin last year and had severe symptoms that mimicked ADHD and major memory issues.  My psychiatrist had me try a low dose of Adderall which I would not suggest doing in benzo withdrawal!  I don't know what I was thinking, but that I loved her and had an attachment to her (I am a trauma survivor and did have minor ADHD as a kid)..

So two weeks after the Adderall trials my nervous system began to go crazy, I also had some psychosis.  I guess I was way stimulated even though I was not on this drug and only tried it 4 times.  I went into major withdrawal and my psychiatrist went on maternity leave, she would not have helped anyway.  So I came here to benzo buddies and took matters into my own hands. I reinstated .125 mg of klonopin and began dissolving that ammount into milk. I stayed there for a month and the psychosis and severe panic attacks lessoned and I could sleep a little bit.  So the milk worked really well and was very stabilizing.  I began the liquid titration at .05 ml every night like it was suggested and had some major patience.  I got off and even healed a little bit while I came off. I will write my entire story soon, but wanted to update this thread so there can be some sort of closure.