Documentary: "As Prescribed" Trailer

[ar...]

The trailer has so much in it, doesn't it? Which part(s) touch each one of us the most? When I clicked on the link, I never expected to be crying in the span of a few minutes, but I was. Powerful stuff. A film like this has the potential to reach many -- and it can do so on a profound level, depending on how the story unfolds. It's art and storytelling and information dissemination, all rolled into one.

I'm praying that the filmmakers get the money they need to continue the project.

Wow this hits close to home:

"If I kill myself those **** win. "

This is my main motivation to keep going too.

Damn straight! That's how I kept on. They were NOT going to take my life!

Bennie:

I haven't been on support for so long that I didn't know a hoodie was talked about. :idiot:

Goofball—I meant: When you clicked on the link, did you see the tee shirts and hoodies you could buy, to help support/finance the film?  :D

Bennie

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've always felt that this has been beyond what any human has ever experienced (aside from other benzo sufferers).  I didn't want to mention it b/c I didn't want to seem immature.  But when she said that benzo w/d was worse than losing a child, I agreed.  It IS that bad.

I also didn't wanna let the f*ckers win :P

Yes, you can X out the shirt on their site and it will just leave a button to donate.

They have a goal of 500 more th shirts to go. So they do need lots more money and it ends on February 21 for as far as I can see.

I've always felt that this has been beyond what any human has ever experienced (aside from other benzo sufferers).  I didn't want to mention it b/c I didn't want to seem immature.  But when she said that benzo w/d was worse than losing a child, I agreed.  It IS that bad.

I also didn't wanna let the f*ckers win :P

For me it was worse than being abused and mistreated, and everything.

It is the worst thing because even when you're just depressed or anxious you always have those moments where you can distract yourself, watch a movie , eat an icecream.

For me, some of language used in the trailer is the same that I've used, e.g. "horrific", "torture", "unending", etc. Also, I was touched by the numbers of people who responded to that woman's invitation to join a support group. It shows how huge the problem is. What we're seeing on BB (and in the trailer) is just the tip of the iceberg, just the ones who have figured out that the benzo is the cause of their problems. There are so many more out there who don't even know why they feel so horrible.

I was also touched by the fact that so many people are parents, and that they have to look after children, even though they feel like crap. It's a huge responsibility to look after another human being, so to do it while one is suffering with intensely painful and scary symptoms is a major accomplishment.

And of course, as the gentleman (Matt, I think) listed a number of his symptoms, I was weeping. Yes, yes, yes, plus many more that he didn't list. We all have our lists of symptoms.

It's such a huge loss of human potential. SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN AFFECTED.

I, too, would like to donate, but I don't think I'll get a t-shirt. With the exchange rate on the dollar (Canadian to U.S.), even small donation will be much more expensive for me. But it's such an important project that I'd like to support it. If lots of people give just a little, it can add up to a lot.

"It is the worst thing because even when you're just depressed or anxious you always have those moments where you can distract yourself, watch a movie , eat an icecream."

Right?  You can't do anything about it....you just have to wait ...until it passes.  4 years for me.  But you know what?  I'm getting into Energy Medicine, and that's going to be my next career.  This is my revenge.  I win.  Because Energy Medicine is better than your stuff (psychiatry).  I win.