Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Finasteride during withdrawal

[ro...]

Ryna, Rhino,

Just wanted to check in with you guys to see how your healing is coming along after stopping the fin and rogaine?

Slow and somewhat steady for me.  Less anxiety but started getting killer daily headaches; now those are improving.

Notice any hairloss after stopping them?  Mine looks pretty bad and I am thinking about restrting the topical rogaine

since no major sx changes are noticeable. Hope to hear from you both.

Rob

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [rh...]

• [ro...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

i am feeling a bit better but have no idea if it has anything to do with quiting the finasteride.  my hair is ok - but i have noticed a bit more shedding vs when i was taking it. 

still have trouble sleeping past 5-6am, cog fog, dry mouth and chills.

really dont know what to do regarding the fin.  i think i will stay off for the time being.  would rather be bald with a clear head than the opposite.

Glad to hear of any improvement, as well as your hair holding up.  Oddly, I havent noticed any shedding, mostly just miniaturization of the follicles.  I'm not sure if its related to the fin or the min but if I restart one, I figure topical would be best.

• 2 years later...
Hey guys I'm new to this convo.  Iv'e been off Klonopin for 26 months but still feel beat up and now I feel nerve pain and tired.  Im on propecia and nioxin  and am stooping them. Any thoughts??

Hi Josh.  I dont have any experience with Nioxin but am pretty convinced that taking propecia (finasteride) for the first 6 months or so after stopping Ambien contributed to my extended post-acute withdrawal syndrome.  my hair is now quite a bit thinner (and more gray) than 3 yrs ago when this nightmare began, but i am starting to feel more normal after having a couple of yrs without much improvement.  in another year i should be pretty much back to my old self.  Still have issues with exercise and heat intolerance, etc.  headaches have been improving since avoiding walnuts (trial and error).  What is your hair thinning condition like?