Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Sleep Tracks for non drug sleep help

[Te...]

Also, it states this on the web.

Your condition requires medical or psychiatric treatments. I’m not a doctor and never played one on TV — please read the health disclaimer at the bottom of this page

Do we have to be concerned if on K? That is what I am concerned about.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Te...]

• [el...]

• [ra...]

• [ma...]

Hi rareslpitwindow

I do not know if this will work for you! Probably a lot of it depends on how much commitment you give to it. I bought it and the used it every night for several months. The first week it helped some and then it continued to become my main aid in getting sleep! All you have to loose is $4.95. If you are not completely satisfied (NO QUESTIONS ASKED) you can cancel. I you do cancel and sleep gets really bad latter on you have all the stuff so you can give it another try later! But yes it has helped me and I do think it has helped Gman747 but they do say some are not helped. That is why they have such a loose no charge policy if you cancel within 14 days! Now do keep in mind I have been using the hypnosis cd  $27.00 (no refunds) with the sleep tracts. With out the hypnosis for me sleep tracts helped. With the hypnosis it was and still is a winning combination. I have now gone 4 nights with no sleep tracts or hypnosis. If I need it I have it ready at my head board all night long. There may be other sleep systems out there, I just took this one on another Benzo Buddies recommendation! I was desperate for help sleeping and had tried every thing and any thing (except more benzos). Hope you find some relief raresplitwindow.

Teakettle

Hope

Wow, thanks tea kettle. So can you burn this to a cd or put iton an Ipod? This is good news. And you don't use headphones? Also, what hypnosis do you use?

Thanks so much. Recently, since I have been burning through the Celexa withdrawal, I had tough sleeping as well as an internal 4am alarm clock This stinks, I am also waking up my finace. Poor love.

I think a lot of it was the anxiety of quitting the drug altogether. i was getting so many opinions from doctors and how to taper. I am off of Celexa now after 8 days. It was a small dose and was not on it long. We will see how it works.

Any opinions?

Hi raresplitwindow

I down loaded the sleep tracts to my computer and then put it on my ipod. I use ear buds. The sleep hypnosis is  a book & cd by Paul Mckenna "I can make you sleep". I bought the book (make sure it says it comes with the cd) on Amazon for about $27.00. I have the sleep hypnosis play first followed by the sleep tracts and ending with the sleep tracts Whole night which I loaded about 8 times so it plays all night. Last night I tried to sleep with no sleep tracts and woke up at 3:00am. I the used the sleep tracts to try to get back to sleep. Kind of dosed but did not get back to a deep sleep.

Maybe I had already gotten enough sleep.

Hope this helps you raresplitwindow!

Teakettle

Hello Teakettle (nice name) Been following your info on Sleep Tracks with great interest as I don't sleep much on this endless taper.  I'm an antique technophobe though I obviously have a computer so I hoped  it might be possible to get Sleep Tracks on Cd's. I dint know what Ipods are, though I imagine they are worn in the ears to produce music etc. As I am deaf I wear hearing aids so these would present difficulty anyway.  I dint have a sleeping partner, only an old greyhound, so disturbance wouldn't be problem. I do know how to use Cd's and am getting Mc Kenna's book and disc as you suggested. I love the idea of retraining the brain, - been on Ativan for 34 years and am about 100 so it

would be quite a challenge. 

Lizard Lady.

Hi lizardlady

Sleeptracts offers CD's for a small charge to cover the CD & mailing.

Hope the stuff helps you as much as it has me!

Teakettle

Thanks Teakettle,

I am going to give these Sleep Tracks a try.  I think your info may have helped many of us insomniacs. Will let you know.

Lizard Lady.

• 2 weeks later...

teakettle

gotta thank you for your sleep tracks posts. just read them all and i am about to order them and maybe the hypnosis. i usually don't go to bed until 2am and i'd love to get my brain trained to be in bed by 11pm. that will be a miracle! i love someone's churchill quote 'if you are going through hell, keep going'. thanks so much. v.

Hi violet

Hope the sleep tracts works for you. Remember if it does not work you can cancel and save yourself the expense. The hypnosis stuff is a no refund thing.

Hope these sleep aids help you violet. I think softtail, lizard lady, & romansandals have or are using sleeptracts if you want to get another opinion.

Teakettle

Teakettle,

do you remember  there were  tapes on self-hypnosis?  I used to have one "Relieve Stress and Anxiety", I would play it all night endless " endless loop,  It really helped.  It discussed relaxing the body and mind.  After a while it would get into your subconscious due to listening to it over and over.  The person who led the session had a calming voice

Mary

Mary

Last night I tried to sleep with no sleep tracks/hypnosis and made it from 8;30 to 2;30. 6 hours so not bad. At 2:31 I fired up my sleep tracks/hypnosis, can't say I had a real deep sleep but

it kind of lulled me through the rest of the night.

Teakettle

I purchased Sleep Tracks after reading about it on this site.  I suffer from insomnia as a result of an Ativan taper and was looking for any sort of non-drug related relief.

I tried the system diligently for a month.  Unfortunately, it has done nothing to help improve my sleep.  It does not make me fall asleep any faster, nor does it prevent me from waking up several times during the night. 

I have followed all of the guidelines set by the Sleep Tracks system;  good sleep hygiene, nutritious diet, plenty of exercise, enough light during the day, sleep restriction when necessary.  I’ve listened to the tracks recommended for brain retrainment, falling asleep, and maintaining sleep.  There has been no relief from my insomnia.

I was kind of suspicious about the idea behind Sleep Tracks.  I mean, if ‘brain re-trainment’ and stimulating different brain waves really worked for insomnia, why wouldn’t it be a widely used and recommended treatment when there are so many sufferers?  But I was willing to give it a try.  It did not work for me.

I am glad that some people appear to have eliminated their insomnia with Sleep Tracks.  I am very disappointed that I was not one of them.  I did ask for, and receive, a full refund from Sleep Tracks, so I’m not really out anything at this point. 

Hi Wandette,

I'm really sorry it didn't work for you. There are so many facets to insomnia that of course this won't work for everyone.

I was a hard core insomnia case (landed me in a psych ward), but it actually worked for me, even when the benzos stopped working. There were other factors that may have contributed, like I was dragging myself to restorative yoga classes, and seeing a therapist. But I can't deny the tapes helped me literally overnight.

It's a great company and the owner, Yan, provides excellent customer service. I'm glad you got your money back.  :thumbsup:

And I swear I have no connection to sleeptracks!  :laugh: 

You will recover from your taper, and sleep will return, regardless of tapes or not.  ;)

Eljay-

Thank you for your empathy.  Trust me, I was very disappointed that Sleep Tracks did not work for me.  I was really hoping that the downloads would help me sleep.  Sadly, that was not the case.

Though the product didn’t work, the Sleep Tracks team did provide good customer service.  And quickly refunded my money, so no complaints on that front.  It’s just that Sleep Tracks was not effective in my case.

Thank you for all this information and for logging your progress Teakettle.  I have had insomnia all my life and coped with it fine as a kid, but as an adult, doctors said it wasn't healthy or normal not to sleep so started prescribing drugs.  That's how my addition and tolerance withdrawals to sleeping aids and then benzos started.  Withdrawing from Ambien was hell and now I'm working on getting off of clonazepam.  I don't sleep much at all and am desperate for something to help.  I already use a "sound machine" as I'm bothered by every little outside noise, the slightest sound will wake me if I'm asleep or keep me from falling asleep.  I also will have that weird thing when I start to actually drift off into REM sleep where I think I hear someone yell out or scream and my heart starts pounding and I wake up, my ears are usually ringing when this happens.  I know now that this is a nervous disorder and it is just neurons in my brain firing away.  I am going to give this Sleep Track a try.  None of the herbal remedies or over the counter sleeping aids work for me, never have, but since I like my sound machine, I think I may like this.  Thanks for all the info and updates.

Hi Washington,

I'm sorry to hear you have had to deal with this all your life! Ouch.

I am not a great sleeper myself, and have the same problem with every little noise. Have you tried earplugs? I know they aren't comfortable, but the most comfortable ones I've found are Taperfit 2 regular size. Then I cut them length wise, taking off about a fourth of the edge. And I put hand lotion on them! They feel great and don't bother me at all. Weird, I know, but the lengths we go for sleep! 

Washington - 2 thoughts on earplugs from a VERY light sleeper.

try calling a shooting range or going to one.  You can get some made out of a special material that are form fitting for your ears. 

try the ones with the "cord" connecting the two ends.  that way when one falls out in the middle of the night it is easy to find and put back in.

Thanks for the tips guys.  I tried ear plugs a long time ago.  It helped some, but my brain just doesn't want to shut down and rest.  Now I listen to my ipod alot (even with a sound machine on in the room) because the music distracts my brain and helps keep it from running away with thoughts.  Helps, but doesn't always work.  Now that I'm trying to get off the dumb cloz, the rebound insomnia is a killer!

• 2 months later...

Hi Buddies

6mgK tapered down to 0.000mgK.

1 Month Benzo Free!

Sleeping like a baby (with a Tin Foil Hat).

I have not used my sleep tracks/hypnosis for several months.

I go to sleep with out any problem, wake once at night for a Nature call, fall back to sleep no problem.

If you read this post you will see that during my withdrawal I had BAD INSOMNIA.

The sleeptracks/hypnosis works if you give it time and stick with it.

When in intense withdrawal and first using the sleeptracks you may find that you only at best get some mild distraction and no real deep sleep, but get through the Long night.

With time and repeated daily use your sleep will gradually improve from a hour here and there to a few hours then maybe just early awakenings to a full nights Deep Sleep.

With time sleep tracks retrains our Brain to a normal sleep pattern.

I have followed the sleep suggestions in the book that came with the sleep hypnosis cd, go to bed late when tired, get up when you wake up even if early am, no coffee, no tv  or computer or

bright lights PM, ear plugs, electric fan in bed room etc. etc. etc.  It all helps.

Please for the benefit of our Buddies, If you Try Sleep Tracks, post your results good or bad for others to see.

Teakettle

Thanks Teakettle for the information. I have ordered the sleep phones pajamas and as soon as they arrive I will be ordering the sleep tracks.

Teakettle,

Got your PM.  Thanks for checking up on me.  I've had a pretty tough week, but having been sleeping about 4-5 hours max on good nights, but that is only with the help of a little hydrocodine (sp?) at night. I ended my taper July 12th so have had some bad w/d over the last 3 weeks.  I'm glad to be off the clonazepam but anxious to start feeling better.  Have had alot of problems with no motivation, depression, depressing thoughts and of course not sleeping well.  I forgot about the sleep tracks however so I am really glad you sent me a PM because it reminded me I was going to look into that.  My oldest son is getting married this weekend so I have been busy with that and stressing about all the company coming over, but looking forward to the wedding.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all,

I wanted to give some time before trying Teakettles system to see if ANYONE ELSE is getting good results.  Would appreciate it if you have tried it to report how you are doing.

TeaKettle -  Thanks for sharing this.  Over the past year I have seen this recommended by people on this and other forums, so there must be something to it.  Please let me know if it is still working for you.  Thanks!    And by the way do the REALLY wear a tin foil cap? ;D

Thanks!

Hello

Sleep Tracks helped me regain my ability to get a good nights sleep.

During the  worst of my withdrawal sleep was my biggest problem.

With sleep tracks & hypnosis I was able to make it through the rough nights.

I used sleep tracks a few times post last dose.

Lately at 5+ months post last dose my sleep is good and I need no extra help.

P.S My Tin Foil Hat is still serving me well!

Teakettle