Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Dizziness Group: For those who are floating, boating, falling or flying

[La...]

[d9...]

Like 2200, I've managed to have a few nights where I don't get the crazy cortisol rush in the middle of the night. I mostly slept last night, despite the fact that I went to bed crying in bed. So, you just never know! I think we always have to keep that frame of mind that allows for something good to happen, even though we feel so negative most of the time. Good things CAN happen.

Healing seeker, remember that you're still tapering, and so your body is still dealing with the effects of the medication. Whatever you can do to keep calm and positive will help. Music is my go-to thing -- or sometimes, reading or a video. How about crazy cat videos?! Whatever works!

:-*

Lapis,aren't those nights of no cortisol wakeups,heavenly!They rarely stickaround long term,but when they happen......normal feels so close..... :)

Sorry about the tears Lapis.Sometimes it just gets to be too much for us,no matter how tough we try to be!I always feel better after crying,except my eyes feel really tuckered out then,for the rest of the day!

I wish I had something funny to share,that would cheer you up!Where is Shook?He always has something to say that will make us laugh! :smitten:

I just said to myself, "What in tarnation", even though I see that you've changed your picture! So the "tarnation" thing got me thinking of Yosemite Sam, and then I couldn't help but smile. However, I must say that I feel rather silly, sitting here, smiling to myself about cartoons, even though I'd rather cry to get rid of the frustration I feel over not being able to walk. With yesterday's 8, my muscles (especially feet and lower legs) wound a lot tighter, and I can hardly get up. ARGH! So brutal.  :'(

[d9...]

I just said to myself, "What in tarnation", even though I see that you've changed your picture! So the "tarnation" thing got me thinking of Yosemite Sam, and then I couldn't help but smile. However, I must say that I feel rather silly, sitting here, smiling to myself about cartoons, even though I'd rather cry to get rid of the frustration I feel over not being able to walk. With yesterday's 8, my muscles (especially feet and lower legs) wound a lot tighter, and I can hardly get up. ARGH! So brutal.  :'(

What in Tarnation sure describes all these wonderful symptoms perfectly!I love Yosemite Sam too!What fun it would be to watch a cartoon with him in it!And good old Bugs Bunny!Those two together are a hoot!

My sister and I always thought the movie Pee Wee's big adventure where the scene of him dancing on the table to the song Tequila, with those big shoes on was hilarious!That was years ago,but still makes me smile!

I also thought the scene in Ernest goes to Camp,where he finds a dog in a trash can,and says,''Now why would somebody go and throw away a perfectly good dog?''was hilarious!

And .......In that movie Planes,Trains and Automobiles where John Candy and Steve Martin were riding in the back of the pickup truck in the freezing cold, with that blue heeler dog that was growling at them.Later it showed the dog's face was frozen in the growling position,and their faces were frozen too!I have seen it so many times,but it still is funny!

Do you have any scenes from movies that still make you crack up? 

Wow! What a movie memory you have! Excellent! I've got certain movies -- or parts thereof -- stuck in my head, e.g. Sound of Music, Wizard of Oz, Oliver, Fiddler on the Roof, Godspell, etc. All musicals, obviously, so all of that music is a big soundtrack on an ongoing basis.

Hmmmm, come to think of it, there are funny scenes in Animal House that still crack me up, although I haven't seen it in ages. If we're talking about cartoons, then yes, I remember lots of those. I think I learned a lot of classical music too. So amazing to think they used classical music to back some of those wacky scenes, like "Kill the wabbit! Kill the wabbit!" to Wagners' Waltz of the Valkyries while Elmer Fudd was hunting for Bugs Bunny.

Seems pretty quiet out there now, Shook. I think the warnings were for yesterday. Thanks for your concern, though. The storms are in my body -- mostly the dizziness kind. They push and pull me and threaten to knock me over. I guess it's a bit like an internal tornado! Thanks for the new descriptive idea!

Glad to hear it. And yeah, I usually get my news about a day late when it's most useful.  :)

If you're gonna use a tornado as a descriptor, instead of calling your days "6" or "9", you can use the Fujita, or "F-scale":

F-0 40-72 mph, Light damage, chimney damage, tree branches broken

F-1 73-112 mph, Moderate damage, mobile homes pushed off foundation or flipped over

F-2 113-157 mph, Considerable damage, mobile homes demolished, trees uprooted

F-3 158-205 mph, Severe damage, roofs and walls torn down, trains overturned, cars thrown around

F-4 207-260 mph, Devastating damage, well-constructed walls leveled

F-5 261-318 mph, Violent damage, homes lifted off foundation and carried considerable distances, autos thrown as far as 100 meters.

I hope no "autos" were thrown today.

I'm more of a buoy bobbing on the ocean...

Holy Moly, Shook! I can't think whether I should laugh or cry at that! Um....I guess it's an F1 or F2 today. Yesterday was more of an F3, from which I'm trying to recuperate and re-build. My "house" needs to be put back together, as it's in pieces right now. In other words, "Ouchiewawa"!

Hi Korbe,

Good to see you again! How are you? How has your dizziness been? Any changes? Were you less dizzy before this most recent wave?

Take good care, and jump in here anytime!

:-*

Hi Lapis,

Before this last wave my dizziness was about the same, running from a 5 and up to an 8.  I did have more 5's though. I could actually make some plans and keep them. But wham out of no where I got swamped with severe dizziness and extreme pain in legs from stinging skin. Was not able to sleep and pain meds would not touch it. All I could do was cry. The last two days I feel like I'm back to where I was before the wave.  Dizziness around 5 and legs stinging at 3. So much improved.

Thanks for asking and I'm sorry you're still getting hit with those tough really dizzy days.

Korbe

Hi Korbe,

Such weird healing patterns! I'm so glad to hear your symptoms have settled down, but it is truly impossible to understand how things can go up and down with this wacky wave pattern. Well, all I can say is, "Enjoy the window!" Just forget those other days, and enjoy whatever good days the universe serves up.  :)

Hi Lapis, Sofa, 2200, and new dizzy buds,

I think about you throughout my day and how this thread saved my life when I was so sick and I thought I was going crazy!  Sorry you are still suffering.  These wd symptoms sure do last a long time.  My dizziness is pretty good, about a 1 or 2 on most days.  I do get dizzier much easier than in the past, so I would say I feel it on an ongoing basis, but it is very manageable.  I am still suffering with awful chronic migraines - I was on steroids again about a month ago and I was so dizzy, it felt like the floor was moving all over again, but thank goodness it went away.  I still have head pressure, pins and needles and I still feel the vibration in my body.  I have terrible insomnia, which is really bad for migraines, but I do the best I can.  I think the insomnia is from benzo wd.  I have never been very good at sleeping, but I'm sure the benzos have made it much worse. 

I have a friend that is suffering from depression and anxiety and her doctor has her on two anti-depressants and a benzo, ativan.  I briefly told her about what could happen with the ativan and to be extremely careful and to go off it very slowly if she had to take it.  I want to inform people, but I don't want to totally freak them out.  I just don't want them to go through what we have and are going through.  It's a fine line to walk.  We are going to take yoga together, so hopefully it will calm down our nervous systems and help us to sleep.  I'm hoping it will have a positive effect on my migraines as well.  I remember doing yoga when I was so dizzy and I felt better while I was doing it and then the dizziness would return as soon as I was done.  So strange.

Thinking of all of you, the dizziness will improve.  Hang in there and stay strong!  We are warriors!!

:smitten:

Hi Stephanie!

It's great to hear from you! Thanks so much for dropping in to give us an update. I'm SOOOOO glad to know that your dizziness levels have stayed low! It's great news for you, and it's certainly uplifting and hopeful for the rest of us here in the trenches.

I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing battle with the migraines, though. Did you ever try that special diet? Actually, come to think of it, I think there were a few different ones. Well, have you tried any of them and had any success? My guess is that dizziness is a common side effect of the steroids you took, but the fact that it went away is phenomenal. I"m sure it was more than a little scary to have that floor-moving sensation again.

As far as sharing info with others, it's certainly a fine line. I guess we have to assess the person on the receiving end of the info we want to share. Not everyone is ready to hear certain things. I just share a few key facts, and then leave it up to the person to decide. If they're interested or curious, they can ask for more. But I never want to be overbearing about it. That's a huge turn-off and a sure way to piss someone off.

Take good care, and please do drop in whenever you want.

:smitten:

I just wanted to let everyone know that it's possible for the vestibular system to correct itself pretty quickly. I was off balance and had a feeling of being on a boat for a couple of months. That symptom has now gone.  :thumbsup:

Fantastic news, SJDADL! Thank you so much for dropping in to tell us that. As you know, it can be a pretty brutal symptom to deal with, and the fact that yours has gone despite your long-term use of Xanax is just amazing.  :thumbsup:

You must be so relieved, SJDADL!

Did you do anything to help it correct? Taking daily walks, special exercises?

You must be so relieved, SJDADL!

Did you do anything to help it correct? Taking daily walks, special exercises?

Didnt change anything. I just didn't notice it as much then all of a sudden it disappeared. Wishing the same for all of you as it was really annoying.

SJDADL,

This is awesome, SJ!

It all leaves, my friends.  Even if it is the relentless symptom, it doesn't matter.  It all leaves.

Sofa

Thanks, SJDADL and Sofa. I really needed to hear this today. I've been up since 4 a.m. with pain, and it's another 8. I've been crying most of the morning. Thank you for the boost, thank for taking the time to write,....just thank you. And enjoy the solidity of good balance! (I'm not sure what the right phrase is, but I hope that works!)  :)

[d9...]

Hi everybody!SJDADL,thankyou for dropping by with encouragement! :smitten:

You too Sofa! :smitten:

Shook,what are your lingering symptoms?

Lapis,so sorry you are struggling so much!The pain must be just awful.Don't you think crying helps a little with the frustration part of all this?I know some days it seems like that is all a person can do. :hug:

I am having a super duper anxiety wave.My sister and her husband were here to visit,and we were eating lunch at the table,and I kept having these awful adrenaline surges of panic attacks,one right after the other.I was so miserable the whole time.I wanted so badly to go hide in my bedroom.I somehow stuck it out until they left,then had a good cry later.

They were talking about some icky health problems one of them had,and someone else,and I could just feel the kindling being lit on my health fears!

By the time they left I was sure I was going to have sky high blood pressure,a stroke,or the big one!

I hate this so much.I want my normal life back,where I can talk to someone about regular things without freaking out,or actually go out to lunch with my sisters/friends or the grocery store without it being a major stress fest out the kazoo!

You would think after 3 years we would be free of this already.

We need to self install a new cable box for our TV.It's one of those upgrade things with the new voice command remote.I opened the box,and thought I so can't handle doing this.I called a friend who is great with this kind of stuff,and he will hook it up for us.

I'll give him some chocolate chip cookies!

It beats entering major stressville, pulling my hair out,and saying some bad words! :laugh:

Hello my dear 2200!

I just want to reach out and hug you! Multiple hugs are on the way from Canada at this very minute.  :hug:

And yes, in answer to your question, sometimes crying is all I can do. I feel many of the same feelings as you, i.e. wanting to just be the person I was before where I could go out and do things without it making me totally wired. Something unexpected and stressful happened this morning (on top of the dizziness and pain), and I just sat there trembling and crying with my chest tightening.

Anyway, I must say that I like the cookies-for-help idea! Perfect. It's how societies work. We can't know how to do everything, but we might know people who have the skills to help us do the things we can't. And then we can make them chocolate chip cookies to thank them.  ;D

2200, do you think your sister has a sense of your discomfort when you're all sitting together like that and there's a stressful discussion underway? I feel like I'm a bad actress and people can probably see the stress and fear written all over my face.

Please take care, breathe deeply and say this out loud three times (with a Yosemite Sam voice): "What in tarnation?!"  :)  :-*