Important Survey - Please Participate ×

seroquel

[vi...]

anyone have any experience with seroquel. psy md gave it to me to help my am anxiety and my insomnia. I am at 100mg not impressed. Plus it's known for big weight gain= I just lost 40bls. I have sleep md and pscy md however pscy md calls sleep world renowned in his field and says he pscy md will be in charge of my sleep no I want it the other way around. I see pscy md this wed  100 bucks he ups my $$$$$ seroquel to 125 or 150mg.

currently on home sleep study = sleep md will read results and diagnose that test- that is when I hope he calls pscy md and says we need this. No ambien I blackout. vicky

I was on it for about a month or so. I had to c/t off of it because I lost my insurance and couldn't afford it.  I just remember I gained a bunch of weight.

anyone have any experience with seroquel. psy md gave it to me to help my am anxiety and my insomnia. I am at 100mg not impressed. Plus it's known for big weight gain= I just lost 40bls. I have sleep md and pscy md however pscy md calls sleep world renowned in his field and says he pscy md will be in charge of my sleep no I want it the other way around. I see pscy md this wed  100 bucks he ups my $$$$$ seroquel to 125 or 150mg.

currently on home sleep study = sleep md will read results and diagnose that test- that is when I hope he calls pscy md and says we need this. No ambien I blackout. vicky

I was on seroquel for bipolar disorder for about a year and tapered down to 25mg from 300.  It does help a lot of people with sleep even though it isn't one of the label uses of it.  I did gain a lot of weight and in fact got Type 2 diabetes while on it.  Found out afterward that diabetes is one of the risks/precautions.

I was on seroquel for bipolar disorder for about a year and tapered down to 25mg from 300.  It does help a lot of people with sleep even though it isn't one of the label uses of it.  I did gain a lot of weight and in fact got Type 2 diabetes while on it.  Found out afterward that diabetes is one of the risks/precautions.

My blood-sugar levels started goind goofy while being on it too.

Hi,

I was put on it in the hospital for extreme insomnia, and it saved my life. started on 100mg. It knocked me out! I was on it for about 6 months, but actually lost lots of weight during that time, probably due to the klonopin. Later, I occasionally took about 25mg and even that dose knocked me out.

• 1 month later...

I tried Seroquel before to help me sleep.  I felt gross the next morning although I had only taken 25mg.  I have heard before that some people do not like the side effects.  I never tried it again.  It is in the same category as Zyprexa which helped but I retained so much water that my ankles looked like elephant feet. ::)

A family member took Seroquel and blew up like a balloon!  She then worked out and cut way back on eating and lost the weight.  I don't think I have the discipline.

Well good luck whatever you decide.

Mary ;)

• 1 month later...
seroquel is an atypical antipsychotic. It is very sedating. The antipsychotic effects are only achieved at around 300 to 400mg, others take upto 900mg per day. I take 25mg of seroquel to sleep a few times per week, and I like it. I tried all benzos, anitdepressants, Z drugs and this is the only one that worked for me. I doubt weight gain would be a concern under 100mg. I do notice I built tolerance to it FAST. That's why I take it as needed and no more than 3x per week.