Five years free after a long taper and protracted withdrawal off of ativan.

[no...]

Thanks for sharing... not many protracted success stories on here b/c most don't come back to share. I'm almost 22 months off kpin and 6 months off effexor... memory is still bad and DR/DP is bad.... vertigo is constant. Had about 4 "better" months just after acute effexor w/d and then Wham! In hugh wave right now...  :-\

• 7 years later...

Hi Woofs,

I have been off 5 years (will be 6 years at Christmas).  I was fully recovered at 3 years.  The symptoms I listed were all constant until around the 18 month mark and from then until the 3 year mark I dealt with DP/DR and memory problems mostly and some depression/sadness.  These things were not constant but waxed and waned after the18 month point. .... but the DP/DR was the last thing to leave.  For the last two, almost 3 years I have had absolutely no issues with anything related to Benzos.   

Working was not a simple thing during withdrawal but I had no choice and if it were not for my oldest daughter I never would have been able to do it.    Looking back I honestly don't know how I did it except that I always thought about my kids when I wanted to give up.

What was the reason that you published your success story in October 2014 (almost 6 years), although you were already healed after 3 years, i.e. in December 2011 ?

Why did you wait 3 years to publish your success story ?

This is a mystery to me and I hope you will clear it up.

Thank you.