ANYONE have CONSTANT EXISTENTIAL thoughts?

[13...]

I'm 10 months out from a horrific c/t w/d.

I constantly (like ALL day) contemplate life, my existence, my death, generations that have been before. I was always inquisitive and I sort of delighted in reading about ancient civilizations but now it is a nightmare. How the hell can "thinking" these insane things be withdrawal? These thoughts make me shake and consume me with fear. I just want to go to target or some store and just "be" without looking at every single person and imaging their death, etc.

Can anyone relate?

My worse symptoms have been mental anguish/anxiety/Dp & Dr. 

I did have intense burning anxiety bodily sensations that were out of this world.

Wow 1314  .. I’m still tapering but you described this horrible line of thinking so well. It’s constant and I shake with fear if I’m not pushing it out of my head . I tended towards these thoughts before but not like this. It feels like being in between two worlds. Being totally lost. It’s awful.

Thank you thank you Mandala for your wonderful response.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [of...]

• [He...]

• [Ho...]

• [Wo...]

Wow, this helped a ton. I relate to everything written here. Not being real, not connecting, constant existential looping thoughts as described by the OP, everything.

Thank you for chiming in Mandala. I can’t find the words to thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Our Minds are not part of our brains or any organ of the body.  Our Minds are part of our Spirit and Soul.  So you can control your mind and heal your body with that kind of control which is how we think.  Listen to 3-part series of Neuroscientist Caroline Leaf.  Where she shows the brain's activity during negative thinking and positive thinking.  It's incredible to watch.

[nobbc]https://youtu.be/P9UtL9_2jZA?t=143[/nobbc]

Check out Neuroscientist Caroline Leaf on Youtube on how the Mind is NOT PART of the BRAIN but of the Spirit and Soul and how we can overcome and actually HEAL the brain and body with our thinking.  She SHOWS the activity in the brain when you think negative and the healing when you think Positive thoughts.  It's amazing.

[nobbc]https://youtu.be/P9UtL9_2jZA?t=145[/nobbc]

Does anyone obsess over that exact moment when a person dies.... it seems terrifying. Like when they are slipping away knowing it and not knowing what will happen. Even typing it terrifies me.  :'(

Does anyone obsess over that exact moment when a person dies.... it seems terrifying. Like when they are slipping away knowing it and not knowing what will happen. Even typing it terrifies me.  :'(

yeah I have that a lot. It's like would I even know it's happening? If there was a way to prevent would I know it?

yeah I have that a lot. It's like would I even know it's happening? If there was a way to prevent would I know it?

It’s awful and terrifying. A persons not meant to think this way. No wonder there is so much dp dr.

It’s awful and terrifying. A persons not meant to think this way. No wonder there is so much dp dr.

It is completely debilitating. I really pray that we all heal from this. At this point 18 months since my C/T, I'm starting to wonder if it's even possible to feel back to normal in the future. I'm sure even if I do heal I'll have some residual PTSD from this whole situation.

It is completely debilitating. I really pray that we all heal from this. At this point 18 months since my C/T, I'm starting to wonder if it's even possible to feel back to normal in the future. I'm sure even if I do heal I'll have some residual PTSD from this whole situation.

I really pray we all heal too. Everyone say we eventually feel back to normal some even say better. In the thick of it I can’t see how. I think this whole process causes PTSD.

I’m literally terrified pretty much all the time. 😢

In my opinion, these existential thoughts are a normal part of aging.

Yes part of that is true but not to this extent and some of the younger people have them.

The world couldn’t go on if everyone thought like this all day and night.

Yes part of that is true but not to this extent and some of the younger people have them.

I started withdrawal when I was 27 years old, I'm 29 now. I've had constant existential thoughts for the last 18 months without waver, and I would consider myself a young adult.

I started withdrawal when I was 27 years old, I'm 29 now. I've had constant existential thoughts for the last 18 months without waver, and I would consider myself a young adult.

This is not even close to a “normal part of aging.”

Especially not when you just wake up in hell one day.

Especially not when you just wake up in hell one day.

If it is , then I’m fucked

Correct and very insightful. Maybe getting "sick" at least in benzo terms reminds us that we are mortal. I struggle with this too even though I am healed.

Correct and very insightful. Maybe getting "sick" at least in benzo terms reminds us that we are mortal. I struggle with this too even though I am healed.

I struggled with it before so I imagine it’s worse now. I hope you feel better.

How long did it take for your existential thoughts and do/dr to go completely?

[6a...]

Hi everybody!  :smitten:

I just read this article and found it is very instructive about Anxiety and intrusive thoughts. I think and I have experienced it myself that Anxiety is the main culprit in most of the symptoms we experience during and after taking this evil drugs. They are physical and psychological.  I'm at the end of my taper and found this thoughts still there but more manageable than when I first C/T . One thing that really helped thru my ordeal was mindfulness and breathing exercises. Distraction and do things even against your will are also behaviors that helped in the long run.

Hope it helps.

Heal soon and well,

Regards!

https://www.uncommonforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=70514

Hi everybody!  :smitten:

I just read this article and found it is very instructive about Anxiety and intrusive thoughts. I think and I have experienced it myself that Anxiety is the main culprit in most of the symptoms we experience during and after taking this evil drugs. They are physical and psychological.  I'm at the end of my taper and found this thoughts still there but more manageable than when I first C/T . One thing that really helped thru my ordeal was mindfulness and breathing exercises. Distraction and do things even against your will are also behaviors that helped in the long run.

Hope it helps.

Heal soon and well,

Regards!

https://www.uncommonforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=70514

Thank you for sharing.

Healing wishes to you too.

[38...]

micedana ~

Good post! I also found mindfulness and breathing exercises a great help. Healing blessings to you this festive season!

:smitten:

I struggled with it before so I imagine it’s worse now. I hope you feel better.

I had a terrible accident a few years ago where I thought I was on the precipice. It was a lonely feeling. When the memories come back I try to shake them off. Thinking about sex helps. But it can be an unsettling thought, about the moment of death. You are not alone in being creeped out by this.

micedana ~

Good post! I also found mindfulness and breathing exercises a great help. Healing blessings to you this festive season!

:smitten:

Healing to you ruby. Good job on your recovery from all this  :thumbsup: