Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[ef...]

http://www.cornel1801.com/1/a/A_WALK_IN_THE_CLOUDS/pictures/We_call_it_Las_Nubes.jpg

"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit.  Do not lose your inner peace for anything

whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset."  ~Saint Francis de Sales

"Be like a duck.  Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath."  ~Michael Caine

"There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in storm."  ~Willa Cather

"Night, the beloved.  Night, when words fade and things come alive.  When the destructive

analysis of day is done, and all that is truly important becomes whole and sound again.

When man reassembles his fragmentary self and grows with the calm of a tree."  ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Love them !

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[ef...]

http://www.cornel1801.com/1/a/A_WALK_IN_THE_CLOUDS/pictures/We_call_it_Las_Nubes.jpg

"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit.  Do not lose your inner peace for anything

whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset."  ~Saint Francis de Sales

"Be like a duck.  Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath."  ~Michael Caine

"There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in storm."  ~Willa Cather

"Night, the beloved.  Night, when words fade and things come alive.  When the destructive

analysis of day is done, and all that is truly important becomes whole and sound again.

When man reassembles his fragmentary self and grows with the calm of a tree."  ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Love them !

CD

Thank you.

I think those quotes are from the very beginning of this thread.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery really speaks to me at this time . . .

Sending love to you, my friend.

:smitten:

INSOM,  :) Back at ya ! and yes they spoke to me also such truth and wisdom in those words and my friend it`s Snowing here as we speak!  :'( ~CD

[ef...]

INSOM,  :) Back at ya ! and yes they spoke to me also such truth and wisdom in those words and my friend it`s Snowing here as we speak!  :'( ~CD

CD,

Oh my!  More snow, and on the first day of Spring, no less.

I certainly hope you are not having to get out and shovel and deal with treacherous roads.

:hug:

[ef...]

ISOM. not even going to shovel or plow at at my witts end ! And yes roads are a mess !

CD,

You have to be so fed up.

Used to live in a very snowy area, and I know how tiring the whole thing can become ...

It's exhausting

Hoping you're set for the weekend with enough food so you don't have to get out in the mess

Stay safe and warm and don't do anything risky - it's not worth it

Insom, yes and thanks been a long winter i pickeD a great time to start my Taper and we are use to it out here just been a long winter and again thanks ~CD

[ef...]

Insom, yes and thanks been a long winter i pickeD a great time to start my Taper and we are use to it out here just been a long winter and again thanks ~CD

Thinking of you, my friend, and hoping you can relax this weekend.

Give up the shoveling and plowing and take it easy, if possible.

Hugs for you

:hug:

[ef...]

It's easy to feel uncared for when people aren't able to communicate and connect with you in the way you need.

And it's so hard not to internalize that silence as a reflection on your worth.

http://cdnimg.visualizeus.com/thumbs/2a/eb/painting-2aeb2d758a77bfc45cff4f764f31a126_h.jpg

But the truth is that the way other people operate is not about you.

Most people are so caught up in their own responsibilities, struggles, and anxiety that the thought of asking someone else how they're doing doesn't even cross their mind.

They aren't inherently bad or uncaring - they're just busy and self-focused. And that's okay. It's not evidence of some fundamental failing on your part.

It doesn't make you unlovable or invisible.

It just means that those people aren't very good at looking beyond their own world. But the fact that you are - that despite the darkness you feel, you have the ability to share your love and light with others - is a strength.

Your work isn't to change who you are; it's to find people who are able to give you the connection you need.

Because despite what you feel, you are not too much.

You are not too sensitive or too needy.

You are thoughtful and empathetic. You are compassionate and kind.

And with or without anyone's acknowledgment or affection, you are enough.

― Daniell Koepke

It's easy to feel uncared for when people aren't able to communicate and connect with you in the way you need.

http://cdnimg.visualizeus.com/thumbs/2a/eb/painting-2aeb2d758a77bfc45cff4f764f31a126_h.jpg

Most people are so caught up in their own responsibilities, struggles, and anxiety that the thought of asking someone else how they're doing doesn't even cross their mind.

They aren't inherently bad or uncaring - they're just busy and self-focused. And that's okay. It's not evidence of some fundamental failing on your part.

It just means that those people aren't very good at looking beyond their own world. But the fact that you are - that despite the darkness you feel, you have the ability to share your love and light with others - is a strength.

Your work isn't to change who you are; it's to find people who are able to give you the connection you need.

― Daniell Koepke

INSOM, That was Awsome ans so so true !

I feel like you folks have been reading my mind and my mail...i come here and hear what I need ...when I need it...thank you...tex  :smitten: :smitten: :thumbsup:

[ef...]

I feel like you folks have been reading my mind and my mail...i come here and hear what I need ...when I need it...thank you...tex  :smitten: :smitten: :thumbsup:

You are so very kind, Tex

Hope you are being kind to yourself

Taking time for YOU

― Daniell Koepke

Hi Ins. Very nice and a great reminder.  :)

Snowy

You cannot serve from an empty vessel.

― Eleanor Brownn

WOW...

DOES THIS EVER SPEAK TO ME...

YOU CAN'T AND YOU SHOULDN'T...YET, ISN'T IS AMAZING HOW WE FIND AWAY TO DO EXACTLY THAT...SEVERVE OTHERS FROM THE EMPTYEST OF VESSLES, AND AT THE EXPENSE OF OURSELVES.

SOMETHING IS SO WRONG WITH THAT...

INSM...I'M THINKING "WE" NEED TO DO SOME SERIOUS CHANGING...DON'T YOU?

LOVE YOU SWEETS,

FLUTER  :smitten:

[ef...]

So he tasted the deep pain that is reserved only for the strong,

just as he had tasted for a little while the deep happiness.

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

harmony-pt.jpg

An objection is not a rejection;

it is simply a request for more information.

- Bo Bennett

Most of my life has been spent trying to shrink myself. Trying to become smaller. Quieter. Less sensitive. Less opinionated. Less needy. Less me. Because I didn't want to be a burden. I didn't want to be too much or push people away. I wanted people to like me. I wanted to be cared for and valued. I wanted to be wanted. So for years, I sacrificed myself for the sake of making other people happy. And for years, I suffered. But I'm tired of suffering, and I'm done shrinking. It's not my job to change who I am in order to become someone else's idea of a worthwhile human being. I am worthwhile. Not because other people think I am, but because I exist, and therefore I matter. My thoughts matter. My feelings matter. My voice matters. And with or without anyone's permission or approval, I will continue to be who I am and speak my truth. Even if it makes people angry. Even if it makes them uncomfortable. Even if they choose to leave. I refuse to shrink. I choose to take up space. I choose to honour my feelings. I choose to give myself permission to get my needs met. I choose to make self-care a priority. I choose me.

― Daniell Koepke

woman-beach-standing-waves-wind-beach-sand-ocean.png

Who can see inside the deepest recesses of your imagination and manifest those wishes into your daily experience? Who can appreciate those subtle nuances of character you've acquired by overcoming your deepest fears? Who can truly respect those things that are no longer a part of you because of all your work to release them? Who can see the strength left behind in the wake of your unique struggles and obstacles? Who will see you for who you are, appreciating everything that is there, everything that is not, everything that can be, if you do not? Who else can?

― Vironika Tugaleva

This really has a lot of meaning for me.  Thanks so much for sharing this wisdom.  Beautiful!  :smitten:

[ef...]

Men do change, and change comes like a little wind that ruffles the curtains at dawn, and it comes like the stealthy perfume of wildflowers hidden in the grass.

- John Steinbeck

Men do change, and change comes like a little wind that ruffles the curtains at dawn, and it comes like the stealthy perfume of wildflowers hidden in the grass.

- John Steinbeck

INSM...

I REALLY LIKE THIS QUOTE, AND I DEFINETLY HAVE AN OPINION; HOWEVER, I WILL KEEP IT TO MYSELF!  FOR NOW :)

HUGS TO YOU,

FLUTER  :hug:

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

harmony-pt.jpg

- Bo Bennett

INSOM, great quote and Very awsome Pic ! Hope your day is a great one your Friend ~CD

[ef...]

- John Steinbeck

INSM...

I REALLY LIKE THIS QUOTE, AND I DEFINETLY HAVE AN OPINION; HOWEVER, I WILL KEEP IT TO MYSELF!  FOR NOW :)

HUGS TO YOU,

FLUTER  :hug:

[ef...]

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

harmony-pt.jpg

- Bo Bennett

INSOM, great quote and Very awsome Pic ! Hope your day is a great one your Friend ~CD