Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Goal Program

[ti...]

Counsellor has encouraged me to start a goal program, listing 5 things I enjoy doing everyday and trying to make sure I do them.

I'm finding little I enjoy at the moment though.

Anyone have any good examples on how to get one going?

[8c...]

tigertales-

Keep it simple :thumbsup: Do you enjoy a cup of decaf tea or coffee? Do you enjoy a certain TV show? Do you enjoy watching the sunrise or sunset? Do you enjoy the smell of fresh linens? Do you enjoy a walk in the cool/warm air, depending on where you live? Life joys do not have to be monumental things....usually the simple things bring us the most fulfillment.

Just Breathe

Thanks JB, the simple things... amazing how nothing seems joyous at times, but there is alot there when its shown to you.

- did enjoy my morning cuppa, but thats had to be sacrificed, and I haven't found a replacement yet.

- I download the daily show a coupla times a week.

- enjoy the laughter of my baby, and my older daughter when she's over.

Its the office hours I'm having trouble with... I've fallen out with my music collection,... most of my internet surfing these days is related to panic and depression... new office too, so we haven't fully settled in yet.

I guess I should mention that alot of my former enjoyments are limited now that I have family... partying, chasing girls, going on dates etc etc.... really having trouble reconciling those, and I think its why I'm having trouble getting into a goal program.

This is an interesting idea.  I may try it myself to move into doing more.  Let's see things I enjoy

Hugging my spouse.  This can be done with any significant person

Doing anything outside.

Anything to do with eating.

Listening to music

Reading

Catching up on the news via the net.

ntw