• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Sa...]

• [Lo...]

• [La...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[ff...]

Here are two stunning pieces of music from the gifted Italian composer of many a movie soundtrack, Ennio Morricone. They're recorded live at the Arena di Verona, 2002, with full orchestra and choir. Amazing!

Gabriel's Oboe (from "The Mission"):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL7CDcVQjbM

Abolisson:

Beautiful, Lapis

"Gabriel's Oboe" - an outstanding piece & The Mission an outstanding movie.

I adore Morricone's work.

Dulce Pontes is absolutely amazing singing "Your Love"   

Think I posted some time ago, but not sure  ..... 

Sending love to you & all music lovers

:smitten:

I found this today. It sort of takes me back to when life was simple. I can't explain why I like it, but I do. Wow, I'm developing four corners and I don't even care.....

Only if you like "Easy Listening"

I like some of the images too.....

PS. I loved "The Mission" and Ennio Morricioni, used to have the LP and listened to it all the time before all my albums where lost in a flood

[ff...]

I found this today. It sort of takes me back to when life was simple. I can't explain why I like it, but I do. Wow, I'm developing four corners and I don't even care.....

Only if you like "Easy Listening"

I like some of the images too.....

PS. I loved "The Mission" and Ennio Morricioni, used to have the LP and listened to it all the time before all my albums where lost in a flood

Tracy,

This is fantastic!  I love this link you shared.

I am just listening to this now and previewed the songs . . .  B E A U T I F U L

This will be my evening music

Much love to you and thank you

Ins

ps 

I think I've had four corners for a bit ( and I don't care either )  :)

It's nice to be in our own skin and not worry about it

I am so sorry you were in a flood. I cannot imagine

going through something that devastating.

Hugs for you

:hug:

[ff...]

Oh! Ennio Morricone genius!

First thing that always pops into my mInd: MAN WITH A HARMONICA!

Far from uplifting  :laugh:

Great sharing, Mr A

intense scenes

That harmonica is incredible!

Wishing you a peaceful night

Ins

Yes, I'm just listening to the harmonica piece. Wow! Ennio Morricone is, of course, a genius, and judging by the comments here, his music has touched many, many people. What a gift! As far as I know, he's still going strong in his late 80s. Amazing human being!

[ff...]

Yes, I'm just listening to the harmonica piece. Wow! Ennio Morricone is, of course, a genius, and judging by the comments here, his music has touched many, many people. What a gift! As far as I know, he's still going strong in his late 80s. Amazing human being!

I'm just reading about Morricone; he has composed and arranged scores for more than 500 film and television productions.

Sold over 70 million records worldwide. 

His score for Once Upon a Time in the West is one of the top 5 best-selling original instrumental scores in the world today,

with 10 million copies sold.

His score for The Mission was also at one point the world's best selling scores.

What an amazingly gifted man.    86 years young.

Thank you for reminding us of his brilliant work, Lapis.

Here are two stunning pieces of music from the gifted Italian composer of many a movie soundtrack, Ennio Morricone. They're recorded live at the Arena di Verona, 2002, with full orchestra and choir. Amazing!

Abolisson:

Beautiful, Lapis

Omigosh, Ins! Thank you so much! I listened to your song by Dulce Pontes and then it clicked that she might be the vocalist whose voice blew me away in the song "Abolisson" by Ennio Morricone. I watched the video umpteen times last night. It's her, isn't it? There's no listing to tell me who's singing, but her voice is absolutely phenomenal and her vocalizations in that piece give me goosebumps. Please let me know if you think it's her!

[1a...]

I like following this thread because I'm always clicking on links to great music.

You are all incredibly awesome!  :smitten:

I found this one today. Don't know if it has already been posted, but here goes:

[ff...]

Abolisson:

Beautiful, Lapis

Omigosh, Ins! Thank you so much! I listened to your song by Dulce Pontes and then it clicked that she might be the vocalist whose voice blew me away in the song "Abolisson" by Ennio Morricone. I watched the video umpteen times last night. It's her, isn't it? There's no listing to tell me who's singing, but her voice is absolutely phenomenal and her vocalizations in that piece give me goosebumps. Please let me know if you think it's her!

Lapis, Oh, yes!  That is definitely Dulce Pontes.  She is easily recognizable.    Her performances are always hair-raising.

Phenomenal.  Phenomenal performance.  Another gorgeous piece.

I will give you a few other of her pieces ... just give me a moment

I've posted them in the past on the quotes thread - let me find them for you.

YAY INS!!! I'm just listening to another Dulce Pontes piece of music, and you've converted me immediately into a fan. I am SO happy to know it's her! Goosebump moment, Ins. Thank you so much!

[ff...]

Dulce Pontes & Andrea Bocelli   "O Mare e Tu" ( Written by Vincenzo  Enzo Gragnaniello and Dulce Pontes)

Stunning!    I adore this!

this is spellbinding

Enjoy!

[ff...]

Lapis, now we are both devoted fans of Dulce Pontes. :)

Here is another beautiful song w/stunning video footage

Cancão do Mar  - Dulce Pontes

Hope you enjoy many moments listening to this talented singer/performer 

She is breathtaking

Absolutely! In Portuguese, I can say "Obrigada" (thank you) for sharing these beautiful pieces of music with me. I love the video too -- such a beautiful dance performance -- and I'm sure I'll be exploring Dulce Pontes music over the next little while. My music collection is quite varied, with lots of "world music", and from what I've read, she has performed with many of the musicians that I know and love already, like The Chieftains, Carlos Nunez and Cesaria Evora. I was so blown away by that Ennio Morricone piece, "Abolisson", last night and it was killing me to not know who the vocalist was. What a treat to fill in that gap here tonight!

Lapis,

i know every single workd to every sing in Jesus Christ Superstar too! i also love Les Miserable and have seen in over 5 times as well as Jesus Christ Superstar. here is the link to Glenn Carter's Gethsamane.

http://search.myway.com/search/video.jhtml?searchfor=Glenn+Carter+singing+Gethsamane+Superstar+video&cb=HJ&p2=^HJ^xpt161^TTAB02^us&n=781b16bc&qid=6b0abc69d30d4311a1400e45f08d6a3e&ptb=714FFCAF-C91A-43FA-8A97-DD8E30B132A7&ct=SS&si=315191_&pg=GGmain&pn=1&ss=sub&st=tab&tpr=tabsbsug&vidOrd=2&vidId=zuR2mVKEfdE

i can't wait to watch and listen to The Mission again. i am so glad that everyone loves Ennio Morricone, he's music is bone chilling. i would love to write like him one day but for now it's just the little songs. i am going to check out Mr. Anderson's MAN WITH A HARMONICA! then later the Dulce Pontes.

oh man, Man with the Harmonica is so freaking cool! :)

oh God, now im listening to a different version of Man with the Harmonica, making me cry it's so hauntingly beautiful.

[ff...]

I like following this thread because I'm always clicking on links to great music.

I found this one today. Don't know if it has already been posted, but here goes:

Mind

Oh, what a great singer/performer!

I love Diana Krall's voice and interpretations.

Have you listened to her rendition of

Joni Mitchell's "A Case of You"?

Just brilliant

Thank you for the wonderful sharing, Mind.

Hope you have a peaceful night

Hugs

Ins :smitten:

[1a...]

Mind

Oh, what a great singer/performer!

I love Diana Krall's voice and interpretations.

Have you listened to her rendition of

Joni Mitchell's "A Case of You"?

Just brilliant

Thank you for the wonderful sharing, Mind.

Hope you have a peaceful night

Hugs

Ins :smitten:

Thanks, Ins. I'll have to look that one up on YouTube. I'd never heard of Diana Krall. I stumbled upon her song and it was just the right song and the right time. I'll listen to more of hers. She has an amazing voice.  :smitten:

This thread is hopping! I've got a long list of music to get to today, including (from prettydaisys) Jesus Christ Superstar and Les Miserables (which was already in my head early this morning for some reason) and (from MindSeeker) Diana Krall, and (from Ins) more Dulce Pontes. Here in Canada, Diana Krall is well known and highly respected, having won many Grammys and Junos (Canadian music awards). She also happens to be married to Elvis Costello so we're expecting their kids to be musically inclined!

[ff...]

Good Morning,

I agree, Lapis - lots of wonderful sharing going on here.

I love not being able to keep up with all of the music.

Thank you, everyone!

Special thank you to Tracy for the link she shared last evening.

my favorites: "Because" & "A Kind of Hush"   

Wishing everyone a lovely day and evening.

Love,

Ins

Here's another great singer, Patti LuPone

Was fortunate enough to get to see Evita

While I love all of the music from this play, this is my favorite:

"Don't Cry for Me Argentina" 

[52...]

Oh! Ennio Morricone genius!

First thing that always pops into my mInd: MAN WITH A HARMONICA!

Far from uplifting  :laugh:

Very cool!  :thumbsup:

I love Diana Krall and so glad she sings "A Case Of You" by Joni. Joni has always been a hero of mine. so has Tori Amos who also has a beautiful rendition of A Case Of You.

i can't stop thinking of how beautiful that Man With The Harmonica is. there is this one part that is bone chilling with the Orchestra! i was thinking that the only healing things for benzo withdrawal is beautiful music and nature. that's all i've come up with so far and good diet and sleep of course.