(One for the Brits)- article to be published in the Sunday Telegraph this week

[Ji...]

[b8...]

Really it's knowing who we should sue and who should take the blame in all this. Doctors, drug companies or the government for taking a back seat on prescribing laws. This has been going on since the seventies so why this 'head in the sand' attitude throughout the world? Senseless and in the meantime millions more suffer.

I've changed my GP many times in the last forty years and not one of those supposedly caring, family doctors warned me of the dangers of long term Benzo use. They just tried to prescribe further drugs when tolerance symptoms occurred. It's a scandal but what else can we do.  >:(

Good Morning Beth,

I'm sorry you're still in the thick of it. Take my hand, I'm by your side :(

And I'm reading Peter Gotzsche book, "Deadly Medicines and Organised Crime. How big pharma has corrupted healthcare".

This explains the mechanics of how we have reached a stage where prescribed medication is the third leading cause of death in the world, second only to cancer and heart disease.

What it can't explain is why half of that world has its head in the sand...though I suppose if 1 in 4 adults is certifiably "mentally ill", and 1 in 3 is on a psychotropic, the whole thing could be seen as a side-effect of medication.

In which case it will get worse. We are all going to Hell in a hand basket...some few of us now totally unsedated :(

Be well, be patient.

With love, spartacus x

[b8...]

Hi Spartacus. My doctor has even said to me I'm one of his 'sanest' patients! So why did he try and prescribe endless psychotropic drugs on top of the benzos?  I think they just don't want to believe they are doing their patients so much harm and try and find every excuse possible for the symptoms. I have post traumatic stress disorder from a difficult childbirth 42 years ago  :idiot: 

I only hope this article and CEPUK get a result in the end....it's certainly time.

sorry to interrupt ladies.

sparatacus, i have just ordered the book now,  deadly medicines and organized crime,

how Big Pharma has corrupted healthcare.

just 3 more left on amazon.

thanks for the tip, i am filing a law suit, i need every book on the market.

i am going to pull their head out off the sand , i won't give up .

nice afternoon to the north of Britain

from claudia ;):thumbsup::smitten:

Thank you, Beth.  Read this article plus the links listed for happy pills.  No clear numbers of how many are addicted or have been addicted for the past 30 years or any mention of the same for benzos but it's a good start.

Here in this country it is scary to read that Obama has just given a huge amount of money for brain research into mental illness with the emphasis on our children and producing even more powerful drugs.  No mention of the possibility that these very drugs are the main cause for our increase in mental illness.

Our FDA is deep in bed with pharmaceutical companies.  I know that there is a lot of controversy and skepticism over this but I just read about a possible connection with these mind altering drugs and the huge amount of mind altering food additives in this country.  Is there a connection to control issues for all of us, dependence issues and of course the huge amounts of money being made?  Who knows.  All I know is, we are all victims and suffering.  And it breaks my heart. 

God bless us all and my sincere wishes for all of our recoveries. 

:smitten:

Galea