Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[4f...]

Officially crossed over #5 of 7 today!!! V us building up to a point that I keep almost forgetting to take it! Glad I have not forgotten....whew!  Been good turning mie into the me that I know. Can function more, which my family enjoys. 

Ingrid, glad you got to enjoy your porch time. 

Lynnie

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[4f...]

Something nice about being nifty 50, you dont give a damn if the neighbors think ur crazy as a loon...I laid out on my front porch, flat on my back, in the beautiful sunshine, with my feet up on the house and my arms up and out behind my head, and just gazed up into the blue sky, not thinkin about much, just being chill for quite a while. Now that Im recalling it, must've looked odd...or may be cool[ftp=ftp://8)] 8)[/ftp]

Yeah, whatever. I'm over it too.

One thing about this whole ordeal is that it strips your from Un important stuff, I find.

I don't give a rats a..  Who knows and who doesn't. Not because I think about it, but because I'm too busy trying not to feel like crap. And when I feel okay, I do whatever.

I just went grocery shopping!!!! Yay me!

It was a bit overwhelming but at least I did it.

Having a hard time right now with s/x mostly nausea and then fine at night every night.  Did a drop of my 1 PM dose of Klonopin to .125 instead of .25 so adding this to my night dose as Valium to help hopefully with the AM nausea.  We shall see.  I guess I am going to do a faster cross over than Ashton recommends since nothing seems to be agreeing with me and I feel like these drugs are poisoning me.  I know my taper once I do the full cross over is not going to be fun but I hope I am wrong.  I would update my signature but not today - have to see how this goes.  I was worse on the klonopin so that I know won't help - I feel nothing does.  I lost another lb today even though I am eating - I can't lose anymore weight but the thought of drinking ensure or something like that makes me ill just thinking about it. I look and feel awful.  One day I hope to look back on all this as just a bad memory.  Did anyone else get bad nausea on the cross over?  Just wondering. 

Officially crossed over #5 of 7 today!!! V us building up to a point that I keep almost forgetting to take it! Glad I have not forgotten....whew!  Been good turning mie into the me that I know. Can function more, which my family enjoys. 

Lynnie

Yay, Linnie!

[4f...]

Lynnie

Yay, Linnie!

I'm so happy for you Lynnie! You're doing great, especially after some challenging times last week.

I forgot my pill year day too and took it two hours later.

That must be a good sign, right?

And Valium is more forgiving than Ativan when you aren't on your usually time...

Big hugs for you! It has not been easy but it sounds like you're on your way :smitten:

[42...]

Having a hard time right now with s/x mostly nausea and then fine at night every night.  Did a drop of my 1 PM dose of Klonopin to .125 instead of .25 so adding this to my night dose as Valium to help hopefully with the AM nausea.  We shall see.  I guess I am going to do a faster cross over than Ashton recommends since nothing seems to be agreeing with me and I feel like these drugs are poisoning me.  I know my taper once I do the full cross over is not going to be fun but I hope I am wrong.  I would update my signature but not today - have to see how this goes.  I was worse on the klonopin so that I know won't help - I feel nothing does.  I lost another lb today even though I am eating - I can't lose anymore weight but the thought of drinking ensure or something like that makes me ill just thinking about it. I look and feel awful.  One day I hope to look back on all this as just a bad memory.  Did anyone else get bad nausea on the cross over?  Just wondering.

I did experience nausea b4 c/o complete, but didnt know if was due to lowering klon or period coming on...but I drink ginger tea(plain, no added spearmint, lemonbalm or other stuff), and I add unsweetened edenfoods soymilk. That helped me. I feel for u. Hang in there.

[42...]

Lynnie

Lynnie, so happy for you! Doesnt it feel gr8 when u start feeling like u again?! :)

[42...]

Something nice about being nifty 50, you dont give a damn if the neighbors think ur crazy as a loon...I laid out on my front porch, flat on my back, in the beautiful sunshine, with my feet up on the house and my arms up and out behind my head, and just gazed up into the blue sky, not thinkin about much, just being chill for quite a while. Now that Im recalling it, must've looked odd...or may be cool[ftp=ftp://8)] 8)[/ftp]

Yeah, whatever. I'm over it too.

One thing about this whole ordeal is that it strips your from Un important stuff, I find.

I don't give a rats a..  Who knows and who doesn't. Not because I think about it, but because I'm too busy trying not to feel like crap. And when I feel okay, I do whatever.

I just went grocery shopping!!!! Yay me!

It was a bit overwhelming but at least I did it.

I dont give a rat's arse who knows either, even my mother in law! And good for u, grocery store is difficult for me as well, and overwhelming...I never liked shopping much for anything really. I do like to buy stuff online tho.

Lynnie

Lynnie, so happy for you! Doesnt it feel gr8 when u start feeling like u again?! :)

It does feel great!  Not sure my kids will agree as now I can crack that motherly whip and get them back to not slacking off as much, cause we home school.  :D

I am so excited by all the positive feedback I am reading....yeah team.

Kgirl, I drink chamomile tea every morning, its a natural antispasmodic. And we already have talked about how bad my gut is.  I also take pepto bismol or Tums when its really bad

The problem with Tums is that for me it interferes with absorption of the Valium so I can't take that. I am allergic to the tea so can't drink that either.  Oh well.  I spoke with a very knowledgeable friend and she said that now that my anxiety has gone way down hopefully the stomach ills will follow in its path - her idea was to be positive about all of this and just try to 'ignore' it by being focused on other things which we all know is hard.  I guess I should be looking to the plus side - no anxiety today or yesterday just stomach ache - so that is a huge + - every day I am getting better so the valium is helping me.  I just don't want to dread the getting off but whatever it is I will have to get through it with all the help from my friends here who are going through the same thing. I am going to look forward to being off of this and  I will make it this time!!! 

[4f...]

The problem with Tums is that for me it interferes with absorption of the Valium so I can't take that. I am allergic to the tea so can't drink that either.  Oh well.  I spoke with a very knowledgeable friend and she said that now that my anxiety has gone way down hopefully the stomach ills will follow in its path - her idea was to be positive about all of this and just try to 'ignore' it by being focused on other things which we all know is hard.  I guess I should be looking to the plus side - no anxiety today or yesterday just stomach ache - so that is a huge + - every day I am getting better so the valium is helping me.  I just don't want to dread the getting off but whatever it is I will have to get through it with all the help from my friends here who are going through the same thing. I am going to look forward to being off of this and  I will make it this time!!!

K, were rooting for you and we are all right here.

:smitten:

[42...]

Lynnie

It does feel great!  Not sure my kids will agree as now I can crack that motherly whip and get them back to not slacking off as much, cause we home school.  :D

I homeschooled my one child 1/2 of 7th grade-8th grade, then he went back to public 9th-10th, and we decided to homeschool again 11th-12th grade. He is now a junior in college 3.5gpa! I don't know how u do it with more than one! U must be very patient and easygoing!

[4f...]

I just found out that tums can stop the absorbtion of benzos...will not be taking that anymore

Where did you see that ? Could you post a links maybe to that?

I know of some other people who take tums. Good to know.

My pharmacist told me this when I asked her what to take for my stomach pain and acid.  You also can't take things like Mylanta etc. they also interfere with the absorption of the benzo. 

does this include Pepto Bismol? I knoe its not an acid stopper as I would guess not

Today I have literally felt "stoned" so spacey and loopy but the anxiety has been almost nil. Just feel so out of it.

This will continue until I am totally c/o and then it should get better? I pray so because I can't function like this either

[4f...]

does this include Pepto Bismol? I knoe its not an acid stopper as I would guess not

Today I have literally felt "stoned" so spacey and loopy but the anxiety has been almost nil. Just feel so out of it.

This will continue until I am totally c/o and then it should get better? I pray so because I can't function like this either

Lainey I would ask the pharmacist....

Lots of things van tick us off.

And yes, the spacey and loopy feeling is what pretty much everybody gets on Valium.

I tripped over my own feet but at least no anxiety and sleeping well.

I started sleeping better after crossing over. During the process, I was really tired but did not sleep more.

You're just sedated right now. Which is what you want, I think. Because without it, you would feel all the other stuff. This stuff is designed to block,us from feeling lots of things. But at the same time, I could cry for now reason.

For me, it got better after about te days. I understand from others that it lasts anywhere from 10-14 days.

Then the sedated feeling hold subside. But please be careful when driving.

I just drove first time today since my c/o.

I went to Starbucks L by myself! Whoop!

[4f...]

when you say 10 days was that once you were totally crossed over or during the c/o?

I was the most loopy halfway through the cross over and the first couple of days after being on full Valium. It builds up.

It cold be different for you.

Fro didn't have much trouble after crossing with it.

Maybe more people could chime in?

It's different for all though. We all metabolize this stuff in a different speed.

Some could be 40 hrs, other 80 etc.

[42...]
I'm still feeling tired with glimmers of energy here & there. I actually am looking forward to taper so I can leave this dreamy feeling behind....but who knows what's to come as I descend-madness? Mayhem? I also have those nasty hormonal ups & downs to deal with. I feel sedated right now 4 some reason. But how in the heck could I hike 5 miles earlier today like a beast!?

[4f...]

I'm still feeling tired with glimmers of energy here & there. I actually am looking forward to taper so I can leave this dreamy feeling behind....but who knows what's to come as I descend-madness? Mayhem? I also have those nasty hormonal ups & downs to deal with. I feel sedated right now 4 some reason. But how in the heck could I hike 5 miles earlier today like a beast!?

The dreamy feeling could very well be gipone after holding and before tapering.

I barely get any sedating feeling anymore.

Just try to exercise to what feels comfortable and then relax a bit. Give yourself some time?

It will all work out somehow again...

[42...]
I like the sleep tho, I take my 10mg all at once at night b4 I take a hot bath...hubby always concerned Im gonna pass out in tub! I am falling asleep quickly and sleeping thru the night, but we all know this doesn't last forever...take the good with the bad, I guess

[4f...]

I like the sleep tho, I take my 10mg all at once at night b4 I take a hot bath...hubby always concerned Im gonna pass out in tub! I am falling asleep quickly and sleeping thru the night, but we all know this doesn't last forever...take the good with the bad, I guess

You can't tell beforehand. Who knows? You might be that lucky one...

I've been not sleeping good. I feel so well at night that I stay up too long, not wanting to waste that great feeling.

And then I get to bed and I can't sleep.

My husband is a snorer. Arg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ha...]
    • [An...]
    • [Cy...]
    • [Sc...]
    • [Ho...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [pe...]
    • [...]
    • [Di...]
    • [Fa...]