How long did your acute phase last?

[ba...]

My acute phase appears to have been about 3 months long and started to lift about 2 weeks before the end of my taper....thank God !!

oh are we not talking about from the last dose of the taper onwards? I've been asking the acute phase question and I meant when the taper was finished and we are off the drug, now I'm confused

I mean my taper has been hell on earth so I just presumed it wouldn't end as soon as the drug was stopped

My acute phase appears to have been about 3 months long and started to lift about 2 weeks before the end of my taper....thank God !!

oh are we not talking about from the last dose of the taper onwards? I've been asking the acute phase question and I meant when the taper was finished and we are off the drug, now I'm confused

I mean my taper has been hell on earth so I just presumed it wouldn't end as soon as the drug was stopped

Yes, generally the acute phase occurs after the last dose is taken.  However, acute can also refer to 'most severe' phase for some people.  My most severe phase of withdrawal occurred during my taper.  What happened after I took my last dose was basically a non event. 

Baby,  you just keep hanging in there.  One day you will look back on all of this like it's a bad dream.  I know that my taper was tough at times, but now I can hardly remember what it felt like.  You'll get there too girl.  :hug:  :thumbsup:

:smitten:

I understand that, but everyone keeps calling their withdrawal phase as acute.  After the acute phase is it just withdrawal?  Not too clear about this.  Just curious! 

I understand that, but everyone keeps calling their withdrawal phase as acute.  After the acute phase is it just withdrawal?  Not too clear about this.  Just curious!

Most people use the terms withdrawal or recovery for the period of time after acute.

Most people use the terms withdrawal or recovery for the period of time after acute.

Exactly Innadaze.  Different people have different names for the various stages of withdrawal and recovery and the stages of each aren't even written in stone.  For me, I began recovery the minute I was benzo free.  For some, they consider recovery to begin the moment they start to taper.  An acute stage in medical terminology is usually followed by post-acute, (after acute), or sub-acute, (just below acute).  Acute is just a general term that usually means 'the most or more severe'.

Now that I think about it a little more I use both phrases. When feeling bad symptoms or in a wave I use the word withdrawal. When feeling less symptoms sometimes I'll use the term recovery.

Soon I would like to add the terms "window" and "healed" to the list of words describing my condition  :)