protracted withdrawal

[pa...]

yes i understand that. i wasn't saying anything other that what another person thought. i still think it's good news that someone

doesn't think a person has "protracted" symptoms unless they still have symptoms after 5 years. because everyone seems to

think once they hit 18 months that they're protracted which may not necessarily be the case. (onviously, this person Una still

thinks a person is 'healing' during that time. that's all i was saying--and i just thought that interesting, that's about it

I saw this as very positive, prettydaisys. The key thing to remember is that those potential 5 years are 5 years of healing. It is hard when we are in the throes of it to think outside of our emotional state at the current time. Emotions are absolute, and when we feel despair, we feel it in all its gory glory. The upside is, and it is important to think in these terms, you will reach a point where you can smile again. We have barely scratched the surface of neuroplasticity so I don't know how anyone can say that there are people who can never heal.

I know they carried out tests on monkeys, but the poor monkeys don't know about neuroplasticity nor can they transcend their negative state of mind. Think of things like meditation, read up on things like the spirit molecule (something that still mystifies neuroscience - an element of our DNA that reflects something hard-wired into us to aspire to find some higher meaning to our existence). I am in a pretty messed up place right now. My withdrawals are treated as psychosis by the medical profession and by my own family. I have been suicidal (and been told to get a life by a family member when I confided in them), so I know about suffering. 5 years to heal? Focus on the heal part...not the 5 years  ;)

yes i understand that. i wasn't saying anything other that what another person thought. i still think it's good news that someone

doesn't think a person has "protracted" symptoms unless they still have symptoms after 5 years. because everyone seems to

think once they hit 18 months that they're protracted which may not necessarily be the case. (onviously, this person Una still

thinks a person is 'healing' during that time. that's all i was saying--and i just thought that interesting, that's about it

I saw this as very positive, prettydaisys. The key thing to remember is that those potential 5 years are 5 years of healing. It is hard when we are in the throes of it to think outside of our emotional state at the current time. Emotions are absolute, and when we feel despair, we feel it in all its gory glory. The upside is, and it is important to think in these terms, you will reach a point where you can smile again. We have barely scratched the surface of neuroplasticity so I don't know how anyone can say that there are people who can never heal.

I know they carried out tests on monkeys, but the poor monkeys don't know about neuroplasticity nor can they transcend their negative state of mind. Think of things like meditation, read up on things like the spirit molecule (something that still mystifies neuroscience - an element of our DNA that reflects something hard-wired into us to aspire to find some higher meaning to our existence). I am in a pretty messed up place right now. My withdrawals are treated as psychosis by the medical profession and by my own family. I have been suicidal (and been told to get a life by a family member when I confided in them), so I know about suffering. 5 years to heal? Focus on the heal part...not the 5 years  ;)

thank you formywifeandkids! i love your name! keep that in the forefront of your mind as you heal.

yes, it's true that spirit molecule is more powerful than anything else. i try to keep that in the forefront of my mind as

i go through this for i was too ready to go on to a different place today. get this, i was ready to give away all my beautiful clothes instead of sell them ;) that should tell someone a lot of the state i was in today. i love my clothes, they're awesome and beautiful!! :D

it's also true that if we keep focusing on the 'it takes so long to heal from this' instead of just focusing on the heal part, that will be a perspective that is unsettling. i get caught up in it too. i hope that this neuroplasticity pans out for the better, waiting for it daily :) to me windows are everything these days. they let you know so much of how much you have healed and other perspective's that i would like to have instead of the benzo brain.