Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Newbie question.

[Je...]

Does this board help you or scare you?      one of the things I'm afraid I will do is read everyone's symptoms and get them all.  Thoughts.

Hi:

This is a very common topic. BB is meant to be a support group for those getting rid of benzos. Many folks here have a difficult time getting off them and then their symptoms get worse once they stop. Others, thankfully, stop them with little effect.  I'm confident there are thousands of benzo users who get off the drug without any problem, hence no need to post here.

Those suffering from benzo withdrawal need the support of members who can offer advice based on their own experience, and are also encouraged that things get better each day, and they too, with time, will get healed. Those who are healing or have healed offer great advice to those in their taper. Many questions they have are answered here and no where else.

Just like anywhere else, you take the good with the bad. Take in the good and throw out what you think is bad. If you're worried you'll get the symptoms just by reading the threads, mostly from the pre and post withdrawal support blogs, then don't spend too much time on them. There are other places you can browse that are more upbeat. The success stories, off topic, chewing the fat, etc.

If your so psychologically fixated from reading what some term as horror stories, then take yourself a time out and don't log on for a few days. However, psychogical issues conerning symptoms are often discussed here as well. There are BB members who have been logging on for years, so it obviously tells you that the forum has helped them a great deal and they want to return the favor.

It's supportive because nobody knows what it's like to withdrawal from benzos except BB members, some doctors, and in a few cases, families. I think once you reset your mind not to panic that you'll get a symptom just because you read of them, you'll find that overall, this forum can help you through the more diifficult times. You may have none of the symptoms and sail through your withdrawal without issues. Everyone has different experiences and different stories to tell. It's a good place to be if you don't constantly put your mind in a bad place. This forum provides valuable information and tools that you can't find anywhere else.