Important Survey - Please Participate ×

6 months off today, and feel continuous improvement

[...]

It's been 6 months since I did my rapid taper and jumped. I think I am 50% healed. I am quite sure I turned the corner around 5.5 months right after a big wave. Anxiety, fear, sick in the pit of my stomach, which have been the biggest sx are now almost like background noise. I can still detect them if I look for them. And when they show up, they are not out of control. It feels like my brain is doing something to normalize them. Hard to describe. The waves are now in a different manifestation though, I would feel very unsettled with a sudden rush of stuffs in my head and I want to jump out of my skin. A bit of head confusion too. This would last 20 to 30 times a day during the wave, but thank God, it only lasts a few seconds. Still scary and irritating. Mild depression is still there, but nothing compared to the deep dark hopelessness I used to have.

Sleep is not bad, 5-7.5 hours a night, I wish it is more consistent. Waking up at 4 AM most of the time and can't get back to sleep.

I am not healed, but I am extremely thankful for where I am now. One day, we will all get there. Take care and keep the faith, buddies.

Ed C

Way to go Ed. I'm glad you are able to sleep fairly well and some of the symptoms are beginning to fade away. Here's to even more healing over the next 6 months  :smitten:

Hey ed c,

I hope that this is good news as well because I just posted a topic right before you about the same type of thing. I am 5 months and my waves are changing. My anxiety is high but never takes me to a cortisol surge like it would in the past. Hope its a good sign for you and feel better.

fg