Important Survey - Please Participate ×

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Hello my tapering friends,

If someone could help me with this, I'd appreciate it.  I'm getting closer to 0.5mg total alprazolam after starting with 0.75mg....and plan to recalculate my taper schedule using 0.5mg as start dose, instead of the 0.75mg once I reach that point. 

So if I keep pulling 0.3-4ml daily cuts with the .5mg, are these pulls less potent or equal or what? Brain is tired.

Also, I'm dosing 4 x daily, but bedtime dose is larger. How do I handle the water taper once I pull more than 100ml daily? (Using 200ml total).

Right now I'm just dropping 0.75mg in one jar, dissolving, shaking, and eyeballing it when I pour half for bedtime, then divide remaining half into 3 for my daytime dosing. I'm taking just under .3mg for bedtime, and just under .1 x 3 daily. 

Thanks for your help.

:smitten:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone could help me with this, I'd appreciate it.  I'm getting closer to 0.5mg total alprazolam after starting with 0.75mg....and plan to recalculate my taper schedule using 0.5mg as start dose, instead of the 0.75mg once I reach that point. 

So if I keep pulling 0.3-4ml daily cuts with the .5mg, are these pulls less potent or equal or what? Brain is tired.

Also, I'm dosing 4 x daily, but bedtime dose is larger. How do I handle the water taper once I pull more than 100ml daily? (Using 200ml total).

Right now I'm just dropping 0.75mg in one jar, dissolving, shaking, and eyeballing it when I pour half for bedtime, then divide remaining half into 3 for my daytime dosing. I'm taking just under .3mg for bedtime, and just under .1 x 3 daily. 

Thanks for your help.

VC,

If you plan on dropping 0.5mg into 200ml water, your cuts will be less potent, yes :)

If you plan on continuing to drop 0.75mg into 200ml water, your cuts wil be the exact same.

Good?

How are ya, babes?! Haven't crossed paths with you in a while!

Hugs :hug::mybuddy:

Mrs. :smitten:

Thanks for your help.

VC,

If you plan on dropping 0.5mg into 200ml water, your cuts will be less potent, yes :)

If you plan on continuing to drop 0.75mg into 200ml water, your cuts wil be the exact same.

Good?

Just be sure...if you plan on dropping only 0.5mg in 200ml water, you will want to "start" this taper drinking the full 200ml -- do NOT "pick up" where you "left off" in ml you drink. Otherwise, you will be taking a massive cut without knowing it!

If that doesn't make sense, let me know ;)

As I creep up on my last 8 cuts I have a question....

I will be still dosing 4xday taking .125,.125,.125,.125 and will be cutting .0625 from each of those. My question is do you think I should cut .0625 from each like a round robin till I am at .0625,.0625,.0625,.0625 and then cut out individual doses or cut out doses from the .125?? For example cut out my afternoon dose of .125 to .0625 to 0 than go onto the next dosing time and cut that the same way then the next....blah blah. Or the other way?

Does anyone have any ideas if either is best or are they the same when it's down to the last few cuts??

Thanks

Because I had the most symptoms in the morning, and had difficulty sleeping. I cut from the two afternoon doses till I was taking Xanax 2 times a day and went from there. I think I then cut from the morning dose, till all I had was the nighttime dose. This worked for me. I hope others post their experiences and what worked for them.

Blue :smitten:

Blue

G

I will be still dosing 4xday taking .125,.125,.125,.125 and will be cutting .0625 from each of those. My question is do you think I should cut .0625 from each like a round robin till I am at .0625,.0625,.0625,.0625 and then cut out individual doses or cut out doses from the .125?? For example cut out my afternoon dose of .125 to .0625 to 0 than go onto the next dosing time and cut that the same way then the next....blah blah. Or the other way?

Does anyone have any ideas if either is best or are they the same when it's down to the last few cuts??

Thanks

Because I had the most symptoms in the morning, and had difficulty sleeping. I cut from the two afternoon doses till I was taking Xanax 2 times a day and went from there. I think I then cut from the morning dose, till all I had was the nighttime dose. This worked for me. I hope others post their experiences and what worked for them.

Blue

G

Blue,

How long did u take to feel somewhat better after your jump?

G

Thanks

G

Grinch, I only dose twice a day, so I don't know.  Maybe do like Bluebell said and cut out the 2 afternoon doses first, then round robin the other two.  Or, if you're afraid of how it will affect you going from 4x/day to 2x/day, then round robin now.  However, your body will have to get used to it at some point anyway, so, I honestly don't know what to tell you.  I originally started out dosing 3x/day, but a couple of people told me they just kept doing what they had always done, taking it once/day or twice/day, and because I had always only taken it at night, I decided to divide it into just 2 doses, and it's worked pretty well for me.  I guess you need people to chime in who're in the same predicament as you, or who already went through tapering and dosed several times/day.

Good luck to you.  I'm right behind you!  :highfive:

Namaste.

~K  :smitten:

Thanks for your help.

VC,

Good?

Just be sure...if you plan on dropping only 0.5mg in 200ml water, you will want to "start" this taper drinking the full 200ml -- do NOT "pick up" where you "left off" in ml you drink. Otherwise, you will be taking a massive cut without knowing it!

If that doesn't make sense, let me know ;)

I'm dry cutting, so I'm afraid I don't how LT works.  Good  luck to you though.  :smitten:

Namaste.

Thanks

G

Grinch, I only dose twice a day, so I don't know.  Maybe do like Bluebell said and cut out the 2 afternoon doses first, then round robin the other two.  Or, if you're afraid of how it will affect you going from 4x/day to 2x/day, then round robin now.  However, your body will have to get used to it at some point anyway, so, I honestly don't know what to tell you.  I originally started out dosing 3x/day, but a couple of people told me they just kept doing what they had always done, taking it once/day or twice/day, and because I had always only taken it at night, I decided to divide it into just 2 doses, and it's worked pretty well for me.  I guess you need people to chime in who're in the same predicament as you, or who already went through tapering and dosed several times/day.

Good luck to you.  I'm right behind you!  :highfive:

Namaste.

Yep you are  :thumbsup:

And exactly. My body will have to get used to not having it 4xday anyway so why not cut them out now down to dosing only twice a day. I think I am just sick of taking them 4xday :crazy: But at this point does it matter what I do when it comes to how I cut these last few mgs or will it be the same. I guess that's a stupid question that I already know the answer to....NO ONE KNOWS!!  :idiot:

G

I did not have an uptick of symptoms when I jumped. My first 3 months were wonderful. I was so proud of myself for having accomplished getting off Xanax, that I thought I could do anything. But reality crept in. I discovered I could not just jump back into the life I had before my taper. My CNS remained sensitive. I had to gradually increase my social outings, work hours and decrease my "quiet time". It is still not peaches and cream... I do get discouraged. But when I remind myself where I came from and where I am now, it helps me to remember how much progress I have made. I do not think I will ever be anxiety free because life is not perfect, nor am I am perfect. There will always be challenges that I will come up against that cause me to wonder, "can I do this?" or "is this the right decision?"...these questions cause me anxiety and doubt. But I have so much more courage to face life's adversities than I used to, partly due to being off Xanax, but also due to working on taking care of my physical and emotional self.

I did not have an uptick of symptoms when I jumped. My first 3 months were wonderful. I was so proud of myself for having accomplished getting off Xanax, that I thought I could do anything. But reality crept in. I discovered I could not just jump back into the life I had before my taper. My CNS remained sensitive. I had to gradually increase my social outings, work hours and decrease my "quiet time". It is still not peaches and cream... I do get discouraged. But when I remind myself where I came from and where I am now, it helps me to remember how much progress I have made. I do not think I will ever be anxiety free because life is not perfect, nor am I am perfect. There will always be challenges that I will come up against that cause me to wonder, "can I do this?" or "is this the right decision?"...these questions cause me anxiety and doubt. But I have so much more courage to face life's adversities than I used to, partly due to being off Xanax, but also due to working on taking care of my physical and emotional self.

What was your original reason for taking Xanax? I took it for sleep issues due to early menopause. I always have had anxiety. Pretty bad in fact, so I am used to this. I never took Xanax for it, though i have been on ADs. I don't expect anything to change in that regard once off Xanax. And i won't ever go on another med. I would like to see less fatigue, headaches and jaw and all over pain. Just a let up in these syx would be life changing for me as they are unbearable right now. My coping skills with the anxiety is the best it's ever been so that will only do me well in the future :thumbsup:

G

((Blue))

:smitten: :smitten:

Thanks

G

Back in the dark ages when I was tapering, the area for signatures was limited and I ended up taking out some of my taper record.  I don't remember what I did exactly, but I do remember that if I stuck with the same dose within 24 hours I could easily manipulate the number of doses and when I took them.

So going from four doses to three a day wasn't a problem as long as I didn't decrease for a few days.

I remember I tapered round robin from each dose, leaving the night dose for last. 

What was your original reason for taking Xanax? I took it for sleep issues due to early menopause. I always have had anxiety. Pretty bad in fact, so I am used to this. I never took Xanax for it, though i have been on ADs. I don't expect anything to change in that regard once off Xanax. And i won't ever go on another med. I would like to see less fatigue, headaches and jaw and all over pain. Just a let up in these syx would be life changing for me as they are unbearable right now. My coping skills with the anxiety is the best it's ever been so that will only do me well in the future :thumbsup:

G

I too originally took it for sleep.

Blue

Buddie Blogs / Re: XANAX SUPPORT BLOG If you're tapering Xanax join in the duscussion!

« on: November 23, 2012, 09:06:03 am »

Below is a post I wrote in November of 2012 during the thick of my taper

"I am still holding at my current dose of Xanax. My CNS is settling down some. I still get aches and pains plus the burning sensations, but I am not tearing up at the least little thing.

I did not make it to the movies the other day. Instead I hibernated like a bear in winter...my house being my cave. Yesterday I made it to my sister's house for Thanksgiving. It was not easy. What I really wanted to do was pull the covers over my head and pretend the day did not exist. Once I got there, I was okay and even felt comfortable.

Today I am going out for the day to the beach. I may even do a little fishing off the pier. The day will conclude with a bonfire. The person I am going with has a camper. I can hibernate in it if I need to get away for a bit.

I still have the desire to call the beach outing off and stay home. But I am going to be a brave warrior and go to battle.

I am sending thoughts of peacefulness and contentment to everyone."

Blue

December 5th 2014

I really had trouble getting out of my house during this time. I stayed in my "cave" hibernating a lot. I cried at the least little thing. Life is different and more enjoyable  for me now. I am grateful.

Blue

Grinch,

I also didn't have an uptick in symptoms when I jumped...nothing ever got worse, just waxed and waned and morphed from symptom to symptom for a number of months...sloshed in the waves and leaped through the windows til the waves turn into ripples...

Grinch,

I also didn't have an uptick in symptoms when I jumped...nothing ever got worse, just waxed and waned and morphed from symptom to symptom for a number of months...sloshed in the waves and leaped through the windows til the waves turn into ripples...

Ripples...I like the analogy. :thumbsup:

Wow, Blue...I remember you in those days.  And worse.  I wish I'd written more about my withdrawal when I was in the midst of it.  I can remember having those symptoms when people mention their own withdrawal issues, but Charlie and I were too busy posting silly gifs to entertain ourselves and everyone else.  The good old days...

:laugh:

Grinch,

Ripples...I like the analogy. :thumbsup:

I think I'm still rippling.  The truly calm waters are probably ahead.  Or maybe not.  My life has always been ripply...why would it turn calm now?

Wow, Blue...I remember you in those days.  And worse.  I wish I'd written more about my withdrawal when I was in the midst of it.  I can remember having those symptoms when people mention their own withdrawal issues, but Charlie and I were too busy posting silly gifs to entertain ourselves and everyone else.  The good old days...

Loved the gifs and silliness. They helped distract and get me through rough times such as the one below I posted in November 2012

Hi everyone

This cut, I went from .625 mg X to .5 mg of X. The 3rd day was very bad. I ached all over and had burning of the scalp, neck, arms and even the back of one thigh. Sleep was very broken up and I had  nightmares. The movie I went to see gave me vertigo and I had to sit down or I would have fallen down the stairs on my way out of the theater. I also was very tearful :'( No more .125 mg cuts for me. I vow to only take .625 mg or less cuts from now on. Please remind me of how horrible I felt.

Blue :sick:.

in 1 week it will be exactly 3 months since i quit taking a low dose of alprazolam (0.0625 was my jump dose size) i felt very well the last few days i think it's true what i've read here that it can take 3 months - 1 year to recover , i just need to refrain from negative thoughts, i planned on waiting until 2015 to drink lightly again , i dont know why i want to do something again that caused my health crisis & caused me to start needing to take xanax :(

Challis

I also remember how supportive you and Charlie were. You both were suffering but were always willing to reach out to those that needed help.

hahaha  I saw those gifs when I first came here looking for people who'd tapered off xanax.  You and Charlie were the first two people I contacted.  :D  I got such pleasure from reading your blog.  It always made me laugh.  :laugh:

Namaste.

in 1 week it will be exactly 3 months since i quit taking a low dose of alprazolam (0.0625 was my jump dose size) i felt very well the last few days i think it's true what i've read here that it can take 3 months - 1 year to recover , i just need to refrain from negative thoughts, i planned on waiting until 2015 to drink lightly again , i dont know why i want to do something again that caused my health crisis & caused me to start needing to take xanax :(

Maybe not start drinking alcohol again? Just a thought.

Blue, it sounds like you've come a really long way, reading some of the things you wrote when you were in the midst of tapering.  You are a rock star.  ;D  :socool:

G

Grinch, I've always had anxiety as well.  I started taking it for severe stress and anxiety from a seriously dysfunctional relationship I was in, and also sleep.  I should've just used the coping skills I already had instead of starting xanax, but sometimes we all want the easy way out.  I've also always carried all my tension in my jaw, so it's funny you mentioned jaw pain, (well, not haha funny, but weird funny).  In yoga class, my teacher used to always say, "K, relax your jaw, K, relax your jaw."  That is one thing I've never mastered though.  But, I have learned how to at least manage the anxiety, even if I can't get rid of it.  I just wish I could SLEEP!  argh.    :oXo:

Namaste.

~K    :smitten:

hahaha  I saw those gifs when I first came here looking for people who'd tapered off xanax.  You and Charlie were the first two people I contacted.  :D  I got such pleasure from reading your blog.  It always made me laugh.  :laugh:

Namaste.

That was awhile ago!  I is on me best behavior these days.

:angel:

>:D