A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

So I've had something very interesting happen to me after this last cut.  My tinnitus volume actually went down a little instead of getting louder.  It's only been two days, but I really thought it would be worse.  Also, not really experiencing much else other than a little nausea.  So yippie!  Keeping fingers crossed it continues this way.  :)

lostdaydreaming, since your daily dose is still relatively high, I'm with Grinch and Challis.  I think a .5mg cut will be fine.  Don't let your fear rule you.  :smitten:

Namaste everyone.  Have a great evening.  :smitten:

~K  :smitten:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've had something very interesting happen to me after this last cut.  My tinnitus volume actually went down a little instead of getting louder.  It's only been two days, but I really thought it would be worse.  Also, not really experiencing much else other than a little nausea.  So yippie!  Keeping fingers crossed it continues this way.  :)

lostdaydreaming, since your daily dose is still relatively high, I'm with Grinch and Challis.  I think a .5mg cut will be fine.  Don't let your fear rule you.  :smitten:

:thumbsup:

I cut yest and I slept a little last night  :clap: Not usually the pattern....I know the insomnia will return again but was nice to get a little sleep for one night. I have had only 1-4 hrs total every night for months! I welcome any positive changes  :thumbsup:

Hey Grinch

I almost jumped last night. But I have only been sleeping 3 hours a day. So when I tried to jump by waiting and not taking my pill, I got the chills bad, and it was added to the fact that I was so tired from no sleep.

So I had to wait. Again. Just waiting for a good sleep first. Even 5 hours.

I'll try tonight tho...

How do you sleep?

I hope you get more then a few each day. For me this lack of sleep is a new sxs....

I just want it to stop so I can jump.

Hey Grinch

I almost jumped last night. But I have only been sleeping 3 hours a day. So when I tried to jump by waiting and not taking my pill, I got the chills bad, and it was added to the fact that I was so tired from no sleep.

I'll try tonight tho...

How do you sleep?

I hope you get more then a few each day. For me this lack of sleep is a new sxs....

My sleep is a huge issue. If I get 4 hrs total (it's all very interrupted from waking in panic, racing thoughts, pain and sweating) I think that's good! It ain't much but I gave gone many nights in a row with no sleep so 4 hrs will have to do for now. The insomnia is not new for me, it's the reason the Xanax was prescribed in the first place, so I have been struggling for a long time. I won't let it stop me from jumping but it's not new for me. I hope you stabilize and are on your way to freedom!!!  :thumbsup:

G

Hey Grinch

I'll try tonight tho...

How do you sleep?

I'm not sure exactly where you are in dose ...having a hard time figuring out the end of your signature.  My feeling would be if you got the chills so quickly by not taking your nightly dose, you might want to wait a bit to jump.

Just my thoughts on this.

:)

Hey gang,

Just stopping by to say that I took my last dose at 9:15am yesterday morning, so today is officially my first day of BENZO FREEDOM!!

Stay the course :)  The dream is REAL!

Mrs. :smitten:

"When the dream is big enough, the facts don't count because when the dream is big enough, the facts will eventually change." M. Grotewold

Hey gang,

Just stopping by to say that I took my last dose at 9:15am yesterday morning, so today is officially my first day of BENZO FREEDOM!!

"When the dream is big enough, the facts don't count because when the dream is big enough, the facts will eventually change." M. Grotewold

Woo woo, wooty woot woot!  :clap: :clap: :yippee: :yippee:

Go Mrs!!!  The best is yet to come in life!

:smitten: :smitten:

Hey gang,

So I totally burned my tapering supplies last night!!

And made a video of their demise >:D:laugh: ...

I've posted it below if you're interested in watching it :P  If not, no worries too :)  It is meant totally in jest, as a fun little 'reward' for being benzo-free now :)

Enjoy it, if you choose to watch it! :)

Goodbye, Taper Supplies!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUHA9QwkBsAIhthytNrnqVdw&v=dMLbX1SmMrQ&feature=player_detailpage"

Hey gang,

YAY!!!  Congratulations on being benzo FREE!  :highfive:

:thumbsup:

I cut yest and I slept a little last night  :clap: Not usually the pattern....I know the insomnia will return again but was nice to get a little sleep for one night. I have had only 1-4 hrs total every night for months! I welcome any positive changes  :thumbsup:

Totally get the sleep issue.  I have big problems with sleep as well.

On another note, my tinnitus came screaming back.  ARGH!!!  oh well...    :P

Namaste.

Hey Grinch

I'll try tonight tho...

How do you sleep?

I'm not sure exactly where you are in dose ...having a hard time figuring out the end of your signature.  My feeling would be if you got the chills so quickly by not taking your nightly dose, you might want to wait a bit to jump.

Hey Challis,

I list my dose in grams from my Gemini scale. So, I am at 4 grams. A .0625 cut is about 16 or 17 grams. A .0312 cut is about 8 grams. So, I'm less then that. I'm at .0156. Like a half of a .0312 cut.

That's what I'm at.

Yes, I did get the chills. I went from 5grams down to 4 grams. Tiny title cut. But still got the chills.

Chills and lack of sleep are my two new sxs lately.I get a chill down my back.

So, your thought would be to hold until the chill stops?

Hey Grinch

I'll try tonight tho...

How do you sleep?

My sleep is a huge issue. If I get 4 hrs total (it's all very interrupted from waking in panic, racing thoughts, pain and sweating) I think that's good! It ain't much but I gave gone many nights in a row with no sleep so 4 hrs will have to do for now. The insomnia is not new for me, it's the reason the Xanax was prescribed in the first place, so I have been struggling for a long time. I won't let it stop me from jumping but it's not new for me. I hope you stabilize and are on your way to freedom!!!  :thumbsup:

G

Hey Grinch

I read that as long as we get 3 hours of sleep. That is good.

3 hours is called 'core sleep'. You do the rem and dream cycle etc. It all happens with in 3 hours.

Everything past that is just gravy.

It's nice but you don't really 'need' it to function.

As long as we get 3 'core sleep'. We are 'technically' ok.

I usually get 4 maybe 5. But lately it's been 3....

So try not to stress. 3 is good.

This info I got about sleep is from Ted Zeff the Highly sensitive persons survival guide. Book.

hello xanax taperers , i quit xanax 9/14, i regret not reducing the 0.0625mg dose i took almost a year i jumped from as of today 2 months later i feel light tinnittus & withdrawals still i sleep ok since quitting i just take melatonin or valerian root 450mg or relax and sleep that has 75mg valerian camille & melatonin all mixed, dont try valerian if your taking any other meds or still taking xanax .

so i strongly suggest reduce it smaller than 0.0625 if your thinking about quitting at that dose you can use a water taper that can reduce your small dose size smaller and accurately i bought a 150ml measurement tube & pestle & mortar to use i never used :( . after 2 months i still carry my xanax bottle in my pocket or purse whereever i go to have as a peace of mind .

God bless you'all i wish all of you the best of luck

katie

Hey Grinch

I'll try tonight tho...

How do you sleep?

G

Hey Grinch

I read that as long as we get 3 hours of sleep. That is good.

3 hours is called 'core sleep'. You do the rem and dream cycle etc. It all happens with in 3 hours.

Everything past that is just gravy.

It's nice but you don't really 'need' it to function.

As long as we get 3 'core sleep'. We are 'technically' ok.

I usually get 4 maybe 5. But lately it's been 3....

So try not to stress. 3 is good.

This info I got about sleep is from Ted Zeff the Highly sensitive persons survival guide. Book.

Is that 3 hrs in a row? Bc I never sleep longer than 1 hr at a time. I am usually up every hr. The crazy part is no matter how little I sleep early morning brings on so much adrenalin that I can't sleep and I am actually wired! It insane how the body does that isn't it? No sleep during the night yet almost hyper during the morning and day. So bizarre.

G

Hey Grinch

I'll try tonight tho...

How do you sleep?

Hey Challis,

I list my dose in grams from my Gemini scale. So, I am at 4 grams. A .0625 cut is about 16 or 17 grams. A .0312 cut is about 8 grams. So, I'm less then that. I'm at .0156. Like a half of a .0312 cut.

That's what I'm at.

Yes, I did get the chills. I went from 5grams down to 4 grams. Tiny title cut. But still got the chills.

That's a really, really tiny dose.  I jumped at .0625 but that's me.  My friend Charlie39 also jumped at that dose and neither of us had any issues with the jump.

My feeling would be that the body isn't really responding to such a tiny amount of Xanax as you're on and that if you jumped now there should be no uptick in symptoms. 

I'm no doctor... just someone who also tapered Xanax and this is only my opinion.  The symptoms I had when I jumped didn't change for awhile...they didn't get worse, but it took awhile for them to start to abate.  The sensitivity to heat and cold originates in the central nervous system and will most likely take some time to improve after you're benzo free. 

I felt like my body only began to heal after I jumped.  My 24/7 headache went away the day after I jumped so I know there was some good effect to being completely off.

Chal  :smitten:

hello xanax taperers , i quit xanax 9/14, i regret not reducing the 0.0625mg dose i took almost a year i jumped from as of today 2 months later i feel light tinnittus & withdrawals still i sleep ok since quitting i just take melatonin or valerian root 450mg or relax and sleep that has 75mg valerian camille & melatonin all mixed, dont try valerian if your taking any other meds or still taking xanax .

so i strongly suggest reduce it smaller than 0.0625 if your thinking about quitting at that dose you can use a water taper that can reduce your small dose size smaller and accurately i bought a 150ml measurement tube & pestle & mortar to use i never used :( . after 2 months i still carry my xanax bottle in my pocket or purse whereever i go to have as a peace of mind .

God bless you'all i wish all of you the best of luck

katie

2 months off is awesome Katie.

Blue :smitten:

Blue,

You jumped at .03125, right?  Did you have any uptick in symptoms?

Is anyone or did anyone experience the intense head and jaw pain spasms? I am in the worst pain I have been in right now! Can anyone let me know what they did to relieve this? I am prob doing all I can do but want to know if I am missing something. It's so bad I am ready to take a Vicodin and I am anti drugs! It's been 4 days now and it won't let up! It's constant!  :'(

Blue,

No uptick in symptoms. I classify this as a miracle since I was on Xanax for 25+ years.

Blue :smitten:

Blue,

Is anyone or did anyone experience the intense head and jaw pain spasms? I am in the worst pain I have been in right now! Can anyone let me know what they did to relieve this? I am prob doing all I can do but want to know if I am missing something. It's so bad I am ready to take a Vicodin and I am anti drugs! It's been 4 days now and it won't let up! It's constant!  :'(

I would suggest seeing a doctor if for no other reason to rule out something serious like a tooth abscess.

Blue

Blue,

G,

I had a 'tight band' headache 24/7 that came on low in my taper and stayed til the day after I jumped.  Did not have jaw pain but could that be from clenching?  Clenching came on late as well and I broke two teeth off at the gum.  Possibly see a dentist for a mouth guard?

I'm sorry, my friend...you're such a trooper.

:therethere:

Blue,

G,

I had a 'tight band' headache 24/7 that came on low in my taper and stayed til the day after I jumped.  Did not have jaw pain but could that be from clenching?  Clenching came on late as well and I broke two teeth off at the gum.  Possibly see a dentist for a mouth guard?

I'm sorry, my friend...you're such a trooper.

:therethere:

I already where an thick orthodontic clear retainer at night that protects my teeth but it's not a mouth guard. It would not help with grinding motion or clenching motion but would protect my teeth from breaking. I don't know If I could do a mouth guard, though it is an option, bc without my retainer my teeth shift in a day. Need it every every night. Maybe the mouth guard would work as both?? I guess I need to see a dentist for that.

The headaches have been steady but this is new. The last few weeks the jaw spasms and head pressure are so severe. I know I am stubborn but I have had enough head CTs to last me a life time. They all think I am nuts in the ER and clinic. Been checked out many times. That's just not an option for me anymore.

I keep using my tens, heat sock, ice, Epsom baths, .....just over and over hoping for a break. Lots of water. There is just nothing to do but suffer.

G

Blue,

I have jaw pain a lot, mines from tension from my anxiety/panic, mine is worse at night because I clench all day long and when I sleep it relaxes. I notices high panic days its worse. It get so bad sometimes I can't chew to eat or open my mount.

Hey Grinch

I'll try tonight tho...

How do you sleep?

Hey Challis,

That's what I'm at.

That's a really, really tiny dose.  I jumped at .0625 but that's me.  My friend Charlie39 also jumped at that dose and neither of us had any issues with the jump.

My feeling would be that the body isn't really responding to such a tiny amount of Xanax as you're on and that if you jumped now there should be no uptick in symptoms. 

I'm no doctor... just someone who also tapered Xanax and this is only my opinion.  The symptoms I had when I jumped didn't change for awhile...they didn't get worse, but it took awhile for them to start to abate.  The sensitivity to heat and cold originates in the central nervous system and will most likely take some time to improve after you're benzo free. 

I felt like my body only began to heal after I jumped.  My 24/7 headache went away the day after I jumped so I know there was some good effect to being completely off.

Thanks Challis!!

Yes, I see what you mean. I am on such a tiny dose. I would hope I wouldn't feel too much of a difference when I jump.

In fact, sometimes I feel like I'm getting hit with sxs that would happen post jump by now.

I know most people jump at .0625  or even .0312.

I'm bellow that even!!

I think the thing that bugs me is the sensation of 'dropping' the dose.

You know what I mean?

I tend to start getting a withdrawal sxs about an hour before my dose is due, and the times I've stretched it out, I feel a big uptick in anxiousness, jumpy that 'craving' vibe.

So thats only by stretching out the waiting time a bit. And I think when I finally JUMP. I'm going to get hit  ( not so much from missing the amount of xanax, but from missing the dose.)

That's what's stopping me, I think.

It's the 'pain' of not taking the little dose. Not that I'd miss the grams.

Or, I could say, I'm not worried I'm going to take a hit from a cut. It's I'm worried about the sensations cause by the DROP of the dose all together.

Any thoughts?

How did you deal with the 'drop?"

Because I used to take it 3 x a day. And now only once. But the other 2 x I had to 'drop' the dose, it was HELL.

Again, not because of the lowered amount of benzo, it was because at that specific time, there was no more drug. THATS what hurt. It took 6 days of agony to stabilize and THEN I felt the 'hit' from the reduction in dose.

Thats what I'm worried about on this final 'jump"...

I'm stressed about 'missing' that dose. Not that I'll get 'hit' by the cut...It's that there is nothing to take at that time period, that I'm worried that will hurt. Because it has all the other times I've 'dropped' a dose.

Thoughts?