Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Okay, here's one for the mathletes out there:

If, over the course of a month, I ingest Valium as follows:

10 days at .6mg

10 days at .4mg

10 days at .2mg

How much will be in my system when jumping to 0 after 10 days at .2mg?

Thanks in advance. I'll present you with your Nobel Prize when I'm well enough.  ;)

Best,

Ed

I've heard it accumulates 5-8x in your system. So 1-1.6 mg. Levels would vary per individual depending on metabolism. Nobel Prize, do I get it?

:yippee::clap::yippee::clap:

Now Hope, you know I'd love to award you that prize, but I'm not sure if that's the correct answer.  I follow along with the .2mg session resulting in a buildup of 1 to 1.6mg, but wouldn't there still be some left over from the .4mg session since the last dose of .4mg would only be 11 days old at the jump date?  I do think that the .6mg does would be basically eliminated at 21 days though.  Builder!?!?!? Does she get her award?  :laugh:

10 days at .6mg

10 days at .4mg

10 days at .2mg

Thanks in advance. I'll present you with your Nobel Prize when I'm well enough.  ;)

Best,

Ed

I've heard it accumulates 5-8x in your system. So 1-1.6 mg. Levels would vary per individual depending on metabolism. Nobel Prize, do I get it?

Now Hope, you know I'd love to award you that prize, but I'm not sure if that's the correct answer.  I follow along with the .2mg session resulting in a buildup of 1 to 1.6mg, but wouldn't there still be some left over from the .4mg session since the last dose of .4mg would only be 11 days old at the jump date?  I do think that the .6mg does would be basically eliminated at 21 days though.  Builder!?!?!? Does she get her award?  :laugh:

I thought about that after I posted but I think the truthful answer is nobody knows the exact amount because there is a variability in the elimination halflife of V between people. I say who cares what the answer is? You still have to jump and the bigger that number gets in your mind, the more scared you will be. How about the Nobel Peace Prize?!?!

10 days at .6mg

10 days at .4mg

10 days at .2mg

Best,

Ed

I thought about that after I posted but I think the truthful answer is nobody knows the exact amount because there is a variability in the elimination halflife of V between people. I say who cares what the answer is? You still have to jump and the bigger that number gets in your mind, the more scared you will be. How about the Nobel Peace Prize?!?!

That's true. I'm just going to pretend that I'm an ultra-ultra rapid metabolizer and that it will all be gone within a day. Then I'll be on my way from the get go.  I'll give you all the prizes you can handle if I can actually get through this.  :thumbsup:

10 days at .6mg

10 days at .4mg

10 days at .2mg

Best,

Ed

That's true. I'm just going to pretend that I'm an ultra-ultra rapid metabolizer and that it will all be gone within a day. Then I'll be on my way from the get go.  I'll give you all the prizes you can handle if I can actually get through this.  :thumbsup:

You will get through it! You get the prize just for being so close to jumping :)

So, I keep my 4 doses in a pill box.  When my 230m alarm went off I was at the doctor's playing with the toys.  I *thought* I took my dose.  At 1030pm last night, my alarm went off, I got my pill box, only to find my 230pm dose still in there!!!!! I panicked.  It was not fun because we are out at a fancy restaurant with one of my husband's bosses and his wife.  I remained calm, but alarmed.  I swore I took it, but how could it still be there? 

So, my husband and I decided that I'd take the 230 dose at 1030, then I took my 1030dose at 11pm or so.  And, I took my regular 12:15am dose closer to 1245am-1am.

Then, I counted my pills left in my bottle (I ALWAYS have one more pill than I have days left before a refill.  I didn't have that extra.  So, I assumed I was "catching" up doses" but maybe with rushing around and trying to get ready before dinner I accidentally stocked my container with an extra pill (NO idea why I would do that!!).

So, even if I just took my dose 8hrs late, but kept the other doses the same (man am I tired today from so much so close together), or if I one time updosed (I don't know how I would have), I should be fine with Valiums half life correct? 

Should I suffer any consequences from this?  I tried not to worry about it last night since we were out with his boss and wife, but today I'm worried.  I'm not tapering.  I was going to start today.  But I'm fearful of what I've done.  Maybe I should have spread them out more, I don't know, all I could think in the moment was to get back on track.  I know some people only dose once a day, so I thought I did the right thing.  Now I'm wondering if I did.  Thanks for any help. 

When in doubt, always take the uncertain dose.  There is no risk in a one-off updose, but a missed dose can cause significant sxs (and anxiety)

Thank you.  That's what I did.  Then, I went about my normal schedule today. 

Builder or another buddy,

I realized 12 hours after the fact that I forgot to take my .2mg V dose last night. Since 12 hours have passed, should I take it anyway or just forget about it and move along? Fifteen months of tapering and this is the first time I've done this. Ugh!

Thanks,

Ed

I realized 12 hours after the fact that I forgot to take my .2mg V dose last night. Since 12 hours have passed, should I take it anyway or just forget about it and move along? Fifteen months of tapering and this is the first time I've done this. Ugh!

Thanks,

Ed

Absolutely!  With Valium, 12 hours is a pretty insignificant time frame.  If you don't take that dose, you will likely feel it 5-7 days from now.

Never skip a dose!!!

Thanks,

Ed

Absolutely!  With Valium, 12 hours is a pretty insignificant time frame.  If you don't take that dose, you will likely feel it 5-7 days from now.

Never skip a dose!!!

I should add that I intend to reduce by that exact same amount (.2mg of V) in 2 nights. I'm just concerned about screwing things up.

Is there such thing as too long a hold? I always thought one waited to even out but if that isn'y happenin--cut time? 2 months at 6---

thanks for any thoughts--

Is there such thing as too long a hold? I always thought one waited to even out but if that isn'y happenin--cut time? 2 months at 6---

There have been plenty of points where I never came back to baseline. For some cuts, my body actually felt better after cutting again. After other cuts, I continued to feel cruddy. I was never patient enough to hold for 2 months or longer. I believe 1 month was the longest hold I employed.

Thanks edzo. Someone mentioned I wasn't doing myself any favors holding so long--so, maybe it's time. I think I thought the longer the better. I have a a big work project so was worried about facing a new slew of s/x but maybe it'll be ok.

Thanks again!

Thanks,

Ed

Never skip a dose!!!

I should add that I intend to reduce by that exact same amount (.2mg of V) in 2 nights. I'm just concerned about screwing things up.

Don't worry about it.  It will not cause any problem.

No!  But if you haven't recovered in 10-14 days, you should probably updose.

I never recover that fast. In fact, the s/x just sort of come and go---lots of windows (minus vision which is always kind of bad) but the foot pain/cramping and sore hands come and go--at will---no matter how long I hold it seems. I guess that's why I never know what to do. Sometimes 4 weeks out I'll get such bad foot cramps I am in absolute tears--and then it's fine for a month. But it seems holding not changing anything. I guess concern is that s/x will exacerbate but I suppose I can see if that happens and, if it does and hasn't improved after 1-14 days, updose? Sound right?

Hi everyone

I'm really not doing well. I just seem to be living in a state of constant fear for no apparent reason. Another big problem, and new symptom, is intrusive thoughts and getting stuck on unpleasant memories.  I'm hoping for some advice as to if I should continue to hold, or would it be better to make another cut. Has anyone been in a similar state and found making another cut to help?  I hope this post makes sense. Just trying to put words together and form sentences is a challenge for me right now. Thanks.

Hi everyone

I'm really not doing well. I just seem to be living in a state of constant fear for no apparent reason. Another big problem, and new symptom, is intrusive thoughts and getting stuck on unpleasant memories.  I'm hoping for some advice as to if I should continue to hold, or would it be better to make another cut. Has anyone been in a similar state and found making another cut to help?  I hope this post makes sense. Just trying to put words together and form sentences is a challenge for me right now. Thanks.

Wow thats a really fast taper schedule- I know everyone has their own pace but boy if I tapered like you are I think I would be in a serious pickle. You seem to have managed to get through it so far but I cant help but wonder if its all really starting to catch up even more at this low a dose. They say the lower you are the slower you should go. I know more knowlegeable people will chime in but I would try to get more stable before cutting any more. I wish you luck- you really have had a very fast taper especially for being on benzos such a long time. Hopefully more people with more brain cells than me chime in soon to give you some good advice!

Hey Hope- just popping in to say Im still keeping up with you but only barely! Doing a short hold now due to excessive crabbiness lol. Happy to watch your progress!!

Kitty

Wow thats a really fast taper schedule- I know everyone has their own pace but boy if I tapered like you are I think I would be in a serious pickle. You seem to have managed to get through it so far but I cant help but wonder if its all really starting to catch up even more at this low a dose. They say the lower you are the slower you should go. I know more knowlegeable people will chime in but I would try to get more stable before cutting any more. I wish you luck- you really have had a very fast taper especially for being on benzos such a long time. Hopefully more people with more brain cells than me chime in soon to give you some good advice!

Hi Kitty and thank you. I'm definitely in a really bad pickle.  The taper hasn't been fun, but the misery is dialed up a lot more now. I've been holding after the last cut since mid December in hopes that I would even out, but it hasn't happened. I was starting to wonder if I am holding for too long, and it's adding to the problem. I think you're advice is right though, and I really do need to wait longer.  This is so bad :(

Ella1,

I would as far as saying that is super fast. Not knocking it if you can handle it but at the lower doses you gatta slow down.

If your cuts catch up and they certainly can especially if your a slow matabolizer then things can get out of hand.

If you doing ok where you are right now atleast hold there for a good long period until you can feel your getting back to what I call baseline. Feeling more or less just ok.

There is no benefit in going too fast then crashing and having to updose, then start over again. Believe me I did that. The second time down for most of us is even harder.

Get stable with a kong hold if you can then proceed at a much slower rate.

Best of luck!  :thumbsup:

ATU

Hi ATU,

You people are great. Thank you. You and Kitty have already helped so much by saying to wait. That's exactly what I am going to do.  I needed some good grounded advice because out of desperation I started thinking that making another cut might help alleviate some of the horrible symptoms. I definitely don't want to updose either.  I will wait this out, and hope that it might possibly get a little better. It's really incredible how terrified I am all of the time. The intrusive thoughts are just a nightmare too. I can't even read news headlines because I am afraid a disturbing topic will get stuck in my head. It's completely insane.  Okay, holding and hoping for relief soon. Thank you.

Ella1,

Im the same way. Cant watch even fast moving TV shows as they make my eyes shiftvaround too fast and I get dizzy. All the modern programing seems to filmed this way to give the illusion of action. Its terrible. I watch only old shows because Im older.

Take care and try not to be afraid,..what we fear and foght will persist,..what we accept and float past simply observing it will diminish.  :thumbsup:

Peace & Healing 🙏

ATU

Hey Hope- just popping in to say Im still keeping up with you but only barely! Doing a short hold now due to excessive crabbiness lol. Happy to watch your progress!!

Kitty

Thanks Kitty! This last cut was a doozy for me so I'm going to be holding another week then resuming with 0.25 mg cuts. Have to get out that scale I've been dreading. We will keep plodding on!