Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Hope76,

I dont think it really matters much as long as they are spaced evenly.

Personally I take my morning dose at 9:30 and my evening dose at 9:30.

I remember once a few years ago I had to go to South Africa for three weeks, well the time there was way out of wack with what it is here. I just adjusted my dose by an hour a day until I reached a time in both day and night when I was awake.

Then when I returned home I did it backwards until I was back where I started.

Neither adjustment had any impact on my overall sense of calmness.

I think you will find everyone is a little different as one would expect but the dosing will be more or less equally spaced.

Peace & Healing

:thumbsup:

ATU

I guess my issue is I feel I need my dose right when I get up at 6 am because that's when I feel the worst (and I have to get my daughter ready for and driven to school) but then I want to take one right before bed at 10 pm for sleep purposes. But that's 16 hours apart. So I'm trying to figure out if I should delay the morning dose or move up the evening dose. Any thoughts? I've got time, I'm still taking 2 mg in afternoon which is what I need to taper off.

Hope,

Maybe you could try holding your morning dose or moving it slowly to say 7:30 am then take your evening dose at 7:30 pm. If you merge your afternoon dose into half added to the morning dose and half added to the evening dose it will still ne the same daily dose.

Then you could, after waiting to make sure your adjusted, slowly delay the morning dose by 1/2 hour at a time while delaying your evening dose by the same time frame. Half hour incriments until you are where you want to be.

I guess the first thing you could do is simply put half your afternoon dose into both the morning and evening doses just to be sure twice a day dosing works for you. Then adjustments to clock time can be made after.

Just a suggestion.  :thumbsup:

ATU

Thanks for the reply folks!

Reason I asked was because I was originally dosing every 6 hours so 4 times a day and I was struggling big time so I thought I would try 7 times a day in 2.5mg incraments for the last 2 weeks and it has been absolute hell. 2 Days ago I switched to twice daily 10mg in morning 9am and 7.5mg at night 9pm and I am feeling prob x5 times better atm!!

It seems from this exprience that valium is best to be taken in higher doeses once or twice daily instead of spreading it out, at least that is how I feel.

God it feels so good to have some relief right now, I was having terrible jaw grinding and teeth scratching for 2 past weeks and now i switch to 2 doses daily instead of 7 I feel it has completely gone and my tinnitius and gotten so much better...I hope i continue to improve like this!

I wonder how much of a better situation I could have been on now If I started my taper 4 months ago doing twice daily instead of 4-7 daily...

About 10 days ago I stopped using ro 10mg v and switched to 5mg pills for dlmt. Last nite I had some slight nausea which has continued today. Anyone's feel symptoms when changing pill Mg's for tapering?

I never noticed a difference in 10 vs 5 vs 2mg pills but I made sure to use the same brand for each dosage because potency can vary by brand. Are your 10mg and 5mg the same brand?

Yes. I had such a terrible time in Dec when I increased taper rate.  Now it's low.025 and everything has been symptom free for 36 days. So that was the only change.

Hi. I really need some advice.  I have been tapering v since about Sept, started from c/o from Ativan, started at 9 mg. tapered down 1 mg a month, down to 6 mg of v.  about six weeks ago began having strong seizure like sxs.  very painful ,whole body, seizing and unable to move at times.  went to ER, they checked it all out, not "real" seizures, did blood tests, etc.  went to GP, about a week ago he upped me to 8 mg of v, nothing is changing, is this a sign I need to updose again?  I don't know what to do....I have a lot of other strong sxs, but I am not a wimp, and can tolerate a lot of pain, but this is making me miserable, I also have strong desire to move all the time, but if I do, I start to seize, do I need to go up more?  Just confused right now, or, do I hold and see if it gets better at this dose, some say it can take months??? thank you and PLEASE no horror stories, I just can't take that right now....just some advice on what to say to my doc, thanks again. 

Stella Bee: Benzos are used as anti seizure medications. For many of as we taper the drug whether we had seizures before we took the drug or not - we get seizure like s/x. For some of us the seizures are not as severe as what you are describing. So given that you have been checked out medically you can be pretty sure this is a s/x of your taper. You have already updosed and you have only been on your updose one week.  I would stay there for a week more and see if you can stabilize.  For me, and I can only speak to what happened to me with these drugs, when I got truly awful s/x updosing did not help so I cut and then for some reason I felt better.  I think you have to do what makes you feel better if that is an updose so be it. 

No one should have to suffer from s/x that essentially make you unable to function at all. 

I also suggest that you try some simple yoga during the 'seizure' the breathing and stretching help relax the muscles. I know it helped me.  I don't mean any difficult poses just child's pose and simple ones like these. 

Gham - I've always dosed once a day, at bedtime. Everyone is different. You have to find what works for you and unfortunately, the only way is trial and error. I know for me, meds have a longer duration of action than what it says on labels.  (I'm at about equiv of 5mg of valium, give or take a little.)

What exactly is a long hold? I've been at 6mg for over 2 months and just when I think I'm ready to cut the foot cramps oo hand/finger pain returns--bad! In a hold? wtf? Does this mean I need to cut or keep holding or i need another MRI to rule out the variety of diseases I think I might have? Anyone?

Blue have you made a total c/o to V? If so, how long have been on V only? or are you still on some K with V?  As you know, you maybe experiencing tolerance with a combination of w/d. 2 months is a good hold and you may very well be experiencing the need to taper again. Most often the only way to know is to taper a tiny bit and see how you do. Have you considered a MT of V?  many find that around that dose of V they change up their tapering plan to enable one to taper a bit more smoothly. How much have you been cutting? 

Kasey:

Sorry if I sent this twice. I am holding at 6 mg (only) of V after a crossing over from .25 klonopin last April--I was a mess and needed to updose at that point and start slower. Micro tapering seems so complicated. I usually just eyeball dry cuts---I know I am going to get slammed for that---but it's sort of all I seem able to manage---cut from 6.5 to 6 was ok---mostly due to cold meds I was taking for flu--but perhaps its time to shave a bit off the 6 now. Cannot take these cramps. Thanks and again, sorry if I posted twice. I wasn't logged in and not sure it message posted.

Kasey:

Sorry if I sent this twice. I am holding at 6 mg (only) of V after a crossing over from .25 klonopin last April--I was a mess and needed to updose at that point and start slower. Micro tapering seems so complicated. I usually just eyeball dry cuts---I know I am going to get slammed for that---but it's sort of all I seem able to manage---cut from 6.5 to 6 was ok---mostly due to cold meds I was taking for flu--but perhaps its time to shave a bit off the 6 now. Cannot take these cramps. Thanks and again, sorry if I posted twice. I wasn't logged in and not sure it message posted.

But its not!  If you can stir sugar into your coffee or tea, if you can make a pitcher of juice from a can of concentrate, you can mix and dilute a benzo.

If you can read a ruler, you can use an oral syringe.

Blue -  builder is right, it truly is nothing to fear. We can help you with you it.  Just a thought, have you looked into the RX liquid diazepam.  You could maintain the majority of your dosage with the pill, substitute 1 mg pill for 1 ml of liquid. I do well on the roxie 5mg/5ml. this is just a suggestion and would allow you to try the MT. You might find  this to be something very tolerable, thereby allowing you a smoother taper and healing process.

Thanks Builder and Kasey: I am meeting dr on 14th. Is this something one asks dr for? Liquis Valium? My assumption was always that I had to dilute and mix a pill but I haven't researched it enough I guess. I was hoping to bypass but looks like that's not going to happen.

The best alternative is Rx liquid.  Simply ask your doc if he will give you a scrip for Rx liquid V.  Even with Rx liquid, you will still probably want to dilute.  Again, its just a matter of mixing your liquid med with some water.

But even if you have to "homebrew", its just a  matter of dropping a pill in vodka or PG, then adding water.

No different than things you probably already do every day.

So, I keep my 4 doses in a pill box.  When my 230m alarm went off I was at the doctor's playing with the toys.  I *thought* I took my dose.  At 1030pm last night, my alarm went off, I got my pill box, only to find my 230pm dose still in there!!!!! I panicked.  It was not fun because we are out at a fancy restaurant with one of my husband's bosses and his wife.  I remained calm, but alarmed.  I swore I took it, but how could it still be there? 

So, my husband and I decided that I'd take the 230 dose at 1030, then I took my 1030dose at 11pm or so.  And, I took my regular 12:15am dose closer to 1245am-1am.

Then, I counted my pills left in my bottle (I ALWAYS have one more pill than I have days left before a refill.  I didn't have that extra.  So, I assumed I was "catching" up doses" but maybe with rushing around and trying to get ready before dinner I accidentally stocked my container with an extra pill (NO idea why I would do that!!).

So, even if I just took my dose 8hrs late, but kept the other doses the same (man am I tired today from so much so close together), or if I one time updosed (I don't know how I would have), I should be fine with Valiums half life correct? 

Should I suffer any consequences from this?  I tried not to worry about it last night since we were out with his boss and wife, but today I'm worried.  I'm not tapering.  I was going to start today.  But I'm fearful of what I've done.  Maybe I should have spread them out more, I don't know, all I could think in the moment was to get back on track.  I know some people only dose once a day, so I thought I did the right thing.  Now I'm wondering if I did.  Thanks for any help. 

I have done the very same thing ( others have too), I truly imagine you will be just fine. Give yourself a few days if you like - to just settle down and then begin your tapering. This way you can start off fresh.  :thumbsup:

Okay, here's one for the mathletes out there:

If, over the course of a month, I ingest Valium as follows:

10 days at .6mg

10 days at .4mg

10 days at .2mg

How much will be in my system when jumping to 0 after 10 days at .2mg?

Thanks in advance. I'll present you with your Nobel Prize when I'm well enough.  ;)

Best,

Ed

10 days at .6mg

10 days at .4mg

10 days at .2mg

Thanks in advance. I'll present you with your Nobel Prize when I'm well enough.  ;)

Best,

Ed

I've heard it accumulates 5-8x in your system. So 1-1.6 mg. Levels would vary per individual depending on metabolism. Nobel Prize, do I get it?

So, I keep my 4 doses in a pill box.  When my 230m alarm went off I was at the doctor's playing with the toys.  I *thought* I took my dose.  At 1030pm last night, my alarm went off, I got my pill box, only to find my 230pm dose still in there!!!!! I panicked.  It was not fun because we are out at a fancy restaurant with one of my husband's bosses and his wife.  I remained calm, but alarmed.  I swore I took it, but how could it still be there? 

So, my husband and I decided that I'd take the 230 dose at 1030, then I took my 1030dose at 11pm or so.  And, I took my regular 12:15am dose closer to 1245am-1am.

Then, I counted my pills left in my bottle (I ALWAYS have one more pill than I have days left before a refill.  I didn't have that extra.  So, I assumed I was "catching" up doses" but maybe with rushing around and trying to get ready before dinner I accidentally stocked my container with an extra pill (NO idea why I would do that!!).

So, even if I just took my dose 8hrs late, but kept the other doses the same (man am I tired today from so much so close together), or if I one time updosed (I don't know how I would have), I should be fine with Valiums half life correct? 

Should I suffer any consequences from this?  I tried not to worry about it last night since we were out with his boss and wife, but today I'm worried.  I'm not tapering.  I was going to start today.  But I'm fearful of what I've done.  Maybe I should have spread them out more, I don't know, all I could think in the moment was to get back on track.  I know some people only dose once a day, so I thought I did the right thing.  Now I'm wondering if I did.  Thanks for any help. 

When in doubt, always take the uncertain dose.  There is no risk in a one-off updose, but a missed dose can cause significant sxs (and anxiety)

10 days at .6mg

10 days at .4mg

10 days at .2mg

Best,

Ed

I've heard it accumulates 5-8x in your system. So 1-1.6 mg. Levels would vary per individual depending on metabolism. Nobel Prize, do I get it?

:yippee::clap::yippee::clap: