Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Hope - I've had terrible stomach problems every since withdrawal began, but, like builder, eventually started a combination of pills and liquid RX microtaper and had no problem.  Good luck.

MirandaJane

Hope - I've had terrible stomach problems every since withdrawal began, but, like builder, eventually started a combination of pills and liquid RX microtaper and had no problem.  Good luck.

MirandaJane

Thanks MirandaJane! That helps a lot.

sorry just read that you dose only at night

were you given these drugs to begin with for sleep?

Yes, for sleep. In my docs words- " Im giving you ambien to help you fall asleep and xanax to help you stay asleep". Too bad he didnt just give me atarax or unisom instead. 🙁

Don't know where to begin. I've been on Valium for 15 years, last June-July I CTd klonopin and cut the valium from 200mgs to 90-70-50 etc down to 30mgs. Valium is all I take now. I held at 30mgs all December and was doing a bit better until mid-December, things got worse around Christmas, I was very dizzy again, with vertigo and breathing issues. I felt I was getting paradoxical reactions to the Valium since I got worse each time I took my evening/night dose (I take 6 doses because I can't tolerate 10 mgs in one dose). I skipped doses starting January and been very unstable with my dose, from 15mgs to 27.5 mgs. I've felt awful these last days, but I'm also scared because the late doses make me feel so sick. Do you think 25mgs is a safe dose to hold all January and maybe February (taking most of the dose in the morning) and then start tapering again when my brain is more stable?

Don't know where to begin. I've been on Valium for 15 years, last June-July I CTd klonopin and cut the valium from 200mgs to 90-70-50 etc down to 30mgs. Valium is all I take now. I held at 30mgs all December and was doing a bit better until mid-December, things got worse around Christmas, I was very dizzy again, with vertigo and breathing issues. I felt I was getting paradoxical reactions to the Valium since I got worse each time I took my evening/night dose (I take 6 doses because I can't tolerate 10 mgs in one dose). I skipped doses starting January and been very unstable with my dose, from 15mgs to 27.5 mgs. I've felt awful these last days, but I'm also scared because the late doses make me feel so sick. Do you think 25mgs is a safe dose to hold all January and maybe February (taking most of the dose in the morning) and then start tapering again when my brain is more stable?

I'm in a similar spot crossed from K to V and holding at 12 for a month to let things catch back up. I feel like it's a vicious dance finding the right amount to cut with Valium the lower I get. Sometimes I'm fine with 1 mg and then sometimes I'm not fine with .5mgs weekly or bi weekly. Seems like a smart move especially coming down from quite a bit.

Hi all,

Yesterday I went for a massage. It was day 7 since my recent cut but I felt up to it. It was very soothing and immediately afterward I felt great.  This morning my shoulder/ neck muscle stiffness is back with a vengence. I think it was a mistake to get the massage so close to a cut. Next time I will make sure I am at least 15 days past cut date before doing that again.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks

ATU

I just purchased an inflatable cervicle collar...its heaven...couple xs a day 10-20 mins at a time  releases the bunched up discs.  I have herniated discs in my neck so I have pain constantly

Hi all,

Yesterday I went for a massage. It was day 7 since my recent cut but I felt up to it. It was very soothing and immediately afterward I felt great.  This morning my shoulder/ neck muscle stiffness is back with a vengence. I think it was a mistake to get the massage so close to a cut. Next time I will make sure I am at least 15 days past cut date before doing that again.

Thanks

ATU

Yes you r certainly not alone in that experience. Ed recently had a very difficult time after a massage.

Kasey,

Thanks. I figured I wouldnt be alone in that experience. It hasnt put me off massages just plan the massage further out from a cut.

Take care now.

Peace & Healing

ATU

Hi all,

Thanks

ATU

Yes you r certainly not alone in that experience. Ed recently had a very difficult time after a massage.

Indeed. In addition to the soreness, my CNS became extremely agitated. I'll try massage again, but not until a few months after I jump.

Thanks for the feedback on the massage issue. I wont go again so close to a cut.

It seems having the massage has pushed my muscles into spasm. This day 2 of bad spasms. It cant last much longer Im sure. ,....I hope !  :) :)

Peace & Healing to all.

ATU

laineyk

I'm new here but what was your reason for your Aug updosed to 1.5mg Lorazepam? I have severe depression anxiety,super sensitivities and am suffering horribly on valium 5mg after getting down to 3.5mg.  Was on Klonopin(clonazepam here) but feeling way more depressed and ill on valium after 4 months on it

Drummerboy,

I jumped ship so to speak....I had gotten down to 4.5mg v and gave up...My anxiety was just horrid and I thought "heck with this, I want to live"

long story short it didn't last and I became ill on that also

so I am back at it living a torturous existence but I know now I can not be on these drugs...they just make me sicker

I am sorry that you are not well also...I pray that I will recover someday if the Lord doesn't come back soon

Valium does not always do well with some I have 2 friends who went back to Ativan because V depressed them so...

I have a question to fellow people tapering off Valium.

How often do you dose per day? once? twice? 3 or 4 times?

Which is best to do with valium?

Gham1992,

Thats a tough question to answer. I do not think there is a single diffinative answer as everyone is different. I think like me most are dosing twice a day. Some are dosing once a day and a few are dosing 3-4 times a day.

When I was on Ativan I dosed 4 times a day but when I made the move to V twice a day was fine.

I would like to get to dosing once a day but not sure I can do that. Certainly not at this moment.

Im sure others will chime in with their experience.  :thumbsup:

ATU

I have a question to fellow people tapering off Valium.

How often do you dose per day? once? twice? 3 or 4 times?

Which is best to do with valium?

I do 3 times a day just since I've done it from the beginnng. Im working on weaning out my middle dose though to get down to twice a day.

For those of you that dose twice a day, what time do you take your doses? Right now I am taking it 3 times a day spaced 8 hours apart so that I take it right when I get up and right when I go to bed plus an afternoon dose. Just trying to figure out if I drop the middle doses how I should time the two remaining doses.

Hope76,

I dont think it really matters much as long as they are spaced evenly.

Personally I take my morning dose at 9:30 and my evening dose at 9:30.

I remember once a few years ago I had to go to South Africa for three weeks, well the time there was way out of wack with what it is here. I just adjusted my dose by an hour a day until I reached a time in both day and night when I was awake.

Then when I returned home I did it backwards until I was back where I started.

Neither adjustment had any impact on my overall sense of calmness.

I think you will find everyone is a little different as one would expect but the dosing will be more or less equally spaced.

Peace & Healing

:thumbsup:

ATU