Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Lainey,

Good luck on your cut! You can do it. I know you can!

ATU,

Here is a product for which I can absolutely vouch. My wife swears by it as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008UZT4YU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best to you both,

Ed

Edzo8,

Thanks for that. Its a little pricey for my pension budget but if everything else fails and the stiffness endures, I will order it.

Thanks again!  :thumbsup:

ATU

Lainey,

Good luck on your cut! You can do it. I know you can!

ATU,

Here is a product for which I can absolutely vouch. My wife swears by it as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008UZT4YU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best to you both,

Ed

Edzo8,

Thanks for that. Its a little pricey for my pension budget but if everything else fails and the stiffness endures, I will order it.

Thanks again!  :thumbsup:

ATU

No problem. They also have smaller sized ones that would easily cover your neck and shoulders at a more affordable price point. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I hope you feel better!

Ed

Hi laineyk  :). No, sadly I am not young. I'm 48  >:(. The physical symptoms aren't that bad now, they were much worse earlier, but the anxiety/terror is a nightmare. It seems that I am afraid of everything.  I just keep going because I don't know what else to do.  I'm praying that it will get better.

I just turned 58 so I have 10 years on you bit I was only on this crap for the last 5years

so you are cutting .5mgs every 2 weeks?  I am as of now...just cut again today and like you I have become PARANOID its ridiculous.

Are you married?  If not for my hubby I have no idea what I would do...he does all the shopping and most of all the cooking.

I try my best to keep the house and laundry but honestly that is such a chore.

I too do not know how else to get off this drug except FAST.

If you are interested...there is a "Faith Based" forum that you can check out...do not know if you are a believer in Christ or not.

will keep in touch..you are ahead of me even though I have been doing this WAAAAAAYYYY longer then you

God Bless

thanks Ed and Kasey.....I will probably be around a lot more now...this is not fun at all

my worst symptom is the most spaced out woozy/off balanced/ dizzy feeling I have in my head..I seriously feel as if I have a brain infection.

Had MRI in June and other then herniated discs in neck...brain was "NORMAL"  yeah right, tell that to my brain

anyone else have this?  I can not do hardly anything because I am so whacked in the head

It's been really long since I posted. I CTed from 2.5 xanax to 2 mg klonopin. Been on klonopin for nearly a year now. And now my psych has stopped klonopin and moved me to 5+5 mg Valium morning and night for 21 days and then 5 mg for 2 weeks..then decide based on my progress. To be fair, he did say the crossover may cause slight sweating, slight palpitation, slight buzzing, slight headache for like 3 or 4 days..

If I stay the same he says I can prolly stay 5 days in the hospital and be benzo free forever. He also said it is a rough option but one that works well. Need your thoughts..I really wanna be benzo free and reclaim my life..but which option can work well..please help..

Well most if not all psychiatrists seem to be  in a hurry and don't have time or never heard of Ashton. The ones in Chicago at least seem too keen to try the hospitalisation option.  They forget they are the ones that got me hooked to benzos for some or the other reason..

Well most if not all psychiatrists seem to be  in a hurry and don't have time or never heard of Ashton. The ones in Chicago at least seem too keen to try the hospitalisation option.  They forget they are the ones that got me hooked to benzos for some or the other reason..

It's probably worth your time to find a pdoc who will work with you on an Ashton taper. Search detox on the threads; most don't end up well.  Obviously this is your choice, but you asked for thoughts. These are just my 2 cents.

Best,

Ed

Just quickly got caught up on three pages because my phone battery is dying... I can't remember which of you asked about tight neck muscles but that was possibly my most frequent and most predominant symptom. Benadryl was always my go-to for that. One tablet before bed. Totally relaxed me and helped me sleep too. Never had any problem with it. Trigger point massage helped a lot too but research it carefully and don't overdo it! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys.. I guess I'll try the crossover to Valium and see how that goes. As the Valium levels build in the blood and the body "forgets " klonopin, I'll be dealing with a new beast..oh well one beast at a time...sigh...I have only myself to blame for the sorry mess I'm in.. need to concentrate on the job as well..hate myself..

Ash - the real you is still in there, it will rise to the surface as you remove the benzo and healing takes place. don't listen to the benzo lies that are in your head... they can make us feel and think things that are not true. You have a great plan, c/o, stabilize to a baseline and begin a taper from there. we are here for you too. You can do this, one day, one hour, one minute at a time.  :thumbsup:

Ash:

For what it's worth I did not find the c/o from K to Valium hard. To be fair I was at .25 k (and not doing well at all) and dr updosed me to .10 valium (dropped the .25 k) so that may have had something to do with it. I know some people dont like the way valium makes them feel, but I was okay. You never know. Hope for the best. It's a long road.

Blue

This might be totally off topic but I'm sad benzo buddies exists at all. In an ideal world, we should all be med free and "free"..unable to explain.

We might have our reasons to be on benzodiazepines, the passing of my father and grandma in quick succession was like an ax falling on my head..and they were not even old.

I can console myself I didn't resort to bourbon to forget my turmoil. Talk about the devil and the deep sea..

I started developing tolerance to k'pin so I guess my psych knew what he was doing when he made me c/o to 5+5 Valium from 2 mg K.. Yes there are side effects..I feel spaced out and kinda weird and he did warn me. And Valium does not give the same "warm " feeling K did. I can ramble on and on but I'm just hoping I don't dive right back into the horrible world of K.

[df...]

It's arguable whether benzos or bourbon is worse.

I crossed from 2mg Ativan to 10mg Valium then successfully tapered.

You can do it. Best wishes to you.

CP

I've been hit with a wave of depression over the past few days, and as I've said before, I'm more of an anxiety type person, so when this happens it is very unfamiliar and disturbing. It's been hitting me mostly in the evenings before bed, but last night was actually good and instead I woke up with that depressed feeling this morning. I'm not sure what advice I'm looking for here. I just feel alone, tired, and scared and I didn't want to stay stuck in my own head about it. I'm still super grateful to be able to say that any physical withdrawal symptoms have been mild to nonexistent. I feel like it's important to focus on that fact, but it's not enough to pull me out of the depression. I know this will pass. I know I should close my browser without posting this. I'm feeling kind of ashamed of these ups and downs and I guess that's not making things any better. I'm sorry for the downer message. I'm about to grab breakfast and get to work and try to make this a decent day.

[df...]

Sorry to hear, SandP. Gosh, your timeline and Ativan/Valium history is so similar to mine, are you sure we're not twins who were separated at birth? :)  I too got depression for the first time in life while tapering Valium. In my case it has lessened now that I'm off, but I still get depressed from time to time. Hard to tell if it's an effect of the Valium, or just sadness at the amount I've lost to these drugs. I do wish you all the best.

Love,

CP

S&P,

I havent suffered from depression myself but I would like to relate a few things.

I remember Dr. Ashton referring to a type of depression in withdrawal that is not a clinical depression but more of a mild depression that will pass with time.

Dr. Claire Weekes says to think of depression as depletion. A sort of depletion of spirit or soul that can hit us but will pass without specific drug treatment.

Take heart in the fact that these sxs are not physical as you say but I know the mental sxs can be just as discouraging.

You have a good sense of yourself it sounds like to me so just  meet this head on accept it and know it will pass.

Peace & Healing

ATU

S&P,

I was hit with horrible depression about 6 weeks ago.It is a mental anguish that can't be described. I posted quite a bit about it.  I have suffered from depression all my life but this was different, much more intense and scary. It goes up and down but generally has improved alot.

This definitely is a brain chemistry reboot.

I got hit with depression earlier in my taper from July-Sept. Lots of sadness, wanting to cry, and reliving bad events in my head. Then around mid-September I was working on a spreadsheet for work and looked up after 39 minutes and realized the depression had gone! Like a switch flipped off. Definitely some chemical thing.

Ok long story longer;  I am now at 3 mgs of valium per sig

I now HAVE to cut only .25mgs every 2 weeks from now on...so I need help with the math although I am sure its simple I am so bad rt now typing this is a chore

I want to cut one every 2 weeks or so (not daily)

2mg pill weighs approx. = .173

how much do I shave off that in weight to get .25mg off?

and do I just continue with that same amount again and again off 2 mg pill?

Thank you in advance

Ok long story longer;  I am now at 3 mgs of valium per sig

I now HAVE to cut only .25mgs every 2 weeks from now on...so I need help with the math although I am sure its simple I am so bad rt now typing this is a chore

I want to cut one every 2 weeks or so (not daily)

2mg pill weighs approx. = .173

how much do I shave off that in weight to get .25mg off?

and do I just continue with that same amount again and again off 2 mg pill?

Thank you in advance

So, you need to take 3mg - .25mg(cut) = 2.75mg total dose, using 2mg pills that weigh .174 g each.

Notice you will have to take 1 whole pill (2mg) + part of another pill (.75mg) to get 2.75 mg

So lets figure out the partial pill, .75mg .

.75mg divided by 2mg = .375 or 37.5 % ,  So what is 37.5 % of the actual pill weight, .174 g?

.375 x .174g = .06525g , round to three decimal places = .065g

which is the 2nd part of your dose.

I am assuming your scale is like mine, has three decimal places and set to grams.

I hope it makes sense !

-Justaman

justa, NOPE did not make sense...I am taking 2mg in morning and 1mg at night (1/2 of a 2mg pill)

I want to cut .25mg off my 2mg dose

need to know how much to cut for that

each 2mg pill weighs approx. .173

so I come up with approx. cut of .021

justa, NOPE did not make sense...I am taking 2mg in morning and 1mg at night (1/2 of a 2mg pill)

I want to cut .25mg off my 2mg dose

need to know how much to cut for that

each 2mg pill weighs approx. .173

so I come up with approx. cut of .021

You got it right Lainey.  Good luck with your cut. Actually, Justa got it right too, but took a different route.

he took a route that Lainey the Insaney could not ride.....my brain needs to "Keep it simple stupid"

now to stick with this and be on with trying to live someday in the future