Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Sorry.  Didn't check that.  In my world there's only whole numbers!!!

I will bless the day I reach.75@@@

You'll get there. Be patient and fight the good fight. You'll get there.  :thumbsup:

http://www.zingerbug.com/holidays/glitter_graphics/new_year_rainbow_glitter.gif

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way

of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use".~A.U.

Im looking forward to getting down to 7.5  :D

Sorry.  Didn't check that.  In my world there's only whole numbers!!!

I will bless the day I reach.75@@@

I was wondering if anyone can comment on the relentless valium lethargy. I used to be the opposite . I no longer have stamina to shop, work or do things I used to do. I live near a beach and force myself to go. I can only be partially active after 3 pm. Before 3pm I'm useless.  I started at 11 v and now around 9.  When does this improve? Or does it?

I was wondering if anyone can comment on the relentless valium lethargy. I used to be the opposite . I no longer have stamina to shop, work or do things I used to do. I live near a beach and force myself to go. I can only be partially active after 3 pm. Before 3pm I'm useless.  I started at 11 v and now around 9.  When does this improve? Or does it?

I have same question. I was hoping that the lethargy would subside as I reduced the dose, but it hasn't yet. I have zero energy. 

I wonder if yall are slow metabolizers. The lethargy seems to be a lot worse on people who are slow- at least I have read that by a few people. I dont know what the answer would be if that was a part of it. It seems like most people get over the sluggishness after a few weeks. But it is a muscle relaxant and a depressant. I imagine that is very frustrating.

I'm a fast metabolizer so that obviously means nothing about tiredness.

. The previous poster, you are blessed at how quickly you are able to taper. I had no idea I would have to go this slow.  When I tried to speed it up in Nov. I crashed and had to hold for 2 weeks.  Then I had to reduce taper rate. 

I have same question. I was hoping that the lethargy would subside as I reduced the dose, but it hasn't yet. I have zero energy.

I had some subtle increases in energy and mental cognition as I decreased, but I noticed it the most when I finally got down to 1.5mg. I had enough energy to start jogging again which was huge for me, I had no energy for any exercise other than slow walking for ages. The lowest therapeutic dose for Valium is 2mg so I figure once you get under that, the sedative effects aren't really felt anymore. I still get episodes of fatigue, but now I also have episodes of energy and wanting to go do things.

I had some subtle increases in energy and mental cognition as I decreased, but I noticed it the most when I finally got down to 1.5mg. I had enough energy to start jogging again which was huge for me, I had no energy for any exercise other than slow walking for ages. The lowest therapeutic dose for Valium is 2mg so I figure once you get under that, the sedative effects aren't really felt anymore. I still get episodes of fatigue, but now I also have episodes of energy and wanting to go do things.

Thank you! I'm glad that you have more energy now. Wanting to do things and having energy too sounds wonderful.  I hope I have a similar experience once I go below 2mg.  It's just around the corner for me.

The previous poster, you are blessed at how quickly you are able to taper. I had no idea I would have to go this slow.  When I tried to speed it up in Nov. I crashed and had to hold for 2 weeks.  Then I had to reduce taper rate.

Hi  :)  I had to hold for a month with the cut from 3mg to 2mg. I even considered throwing in the towel at times.  I was a prime example of the cuts catching up to me.  The month hold was definitely needed. I hope we have a reduction in the fatigue and other symptoms soon. 

The previous poster, you are blessed at how quickly you are able to taper. I had no idea I would have to go this slow.  When I tried to speed it up in Nov. I crashed and had to hold for 2 weeks.  Then I had to reduce taper rate.

Hi  :)  I had to hold for a month with the cut from 3mg to 2mg. I even considered throwing in the towel at times.  I was a prime example of the cuts catching up to me.  The month hold was definitely needed. I hope we have a reduction in the fatigue and other symptoms soon.

Wow! No wonder you had to hold for a month after cutting 1/3 of your dose. Kudos to you for being able to handle that; I sure couldn't! Will you continue to cut at that pace or maybe slow down to .5mg cuts now?

Best,

Ed

Wow! No wonder you had to hold for a month after cutting 1/3 of your dose. Kudos to you for being able to handle that; I sure couldn't! Will you continue to cut at that pace or maybe slow down to .5mg cuts now?

Best,

Ed

Hi Ed and thank you. I don't know what I will do with the next cut. For some reason it just seems easier to me to make a larger cut and then wait it out until I feel ready for the next. Also, I haven't really felt all that well on the diazepam since the crossover.  However, I do think that the next cut will most likely be .5 mg though.  It's nice to be over in this group  :)

Best,

Ed

Hi Ed and thank you. I don't know what I will do with the next cut. For some reason it just seems easier to me to make a larger cut and then wait it out until I feel ready for the next. Also, I haven't really felt all that well on the diazepam since the crossover.  However, I do think that the next cut will most likely be .5 mg though.  It's nice to be over in this group  :)

As you know, we'll support you no matter how you decide to go about things.

Continued well wishes,

Ed

Im having a bit of a bad time just now.My dosage is all over the place again and im currently at around 50mg diazepam per day again.Its went up instead of down. Been feeling a bit shaky, even though im on a high dose. Its horrible! Also up to 40mg fluoxetine past 10 days or so, don't know if that has anything to do with it. Need to try get stable again on 30mg and take it from there. Wish I had never touched these f@ckin tablets. Had to tell someone!!

hopefulscot.

Good luck hopeful

I am sorry you are struggling

Me too about these awful nasty pills

I have a question and need Valium help

I am on my last 1mg

I need to restart taper as the hold did some good but holding any longer will not be good I imagine

I want to dry cut the way down

I want to go from 1 to .90

However it looks like when I weigh the tablet it's really .85not 1.0

So does that mean I go from .84,.83,.82 and on? Does this makes sense?

I have weighed the pills and average for a 2mg tab is 1.70or so I can't remember now...

Is this right?

Thank you

Thank you

Hi Jackson thanks for your kind words!  :)  I have never gotten as far as 1mg before so I don't know, sorry. Would an eighth of a 2 mg tab equal .25mg valium?  Could u taper that quickly? I also know nothing about liquid tapering either. Sorry cant be of more help! 

Good luck hopeful

I am sorry you are struggling

Me too about these awful nasty pills

I have a question and need Valium help

I am on my last 1mg

I need to restart taper as the hold did some good but holding any longer will not be good I imagine

I want to dry cut the way down

I want to go from 1 to .90

However it looks like when I weigh the tablet it's really .85not 1.0

So does that mean I go from .84,.83,.82 and on? Does this makes sense?

I have weighed the pills and average for a 2mg tab is 1.70or so I can't remember now...

Is this right?

Thank you

Thank you

If a 2mg tablet weighs 1.7, then 1/2 a tablet (1mg) should weigh .85. To take off a tenth (.10), the portion of the pill you consume should be .76 or .77--your choice.

Hey everyone,

So I crossed over a while back from K to V and have made it to 13mgs V drycutting. Its been much easier to come off of for myself. My question is from 13mgs down what we're the hardest cuts for you in your taper? Seems I'm having to hold more like 8-10 days in between 1mg cuts. Just curious..thanks!

Ella- interesting that you say larger cuts plus waiting seem to work better for you. Have you tried smaller cuts and had more trouble???

You're lucky that your sx's pass fairly quickly.

Hey everyone,

So I crossed over a while back from K to V and have made it to 13mgs V drycutting. Its been much easier to come off of for myself. My question is from 13mgs down what we're the hardest cuts for you in your taper? Seems I'm having to hold more like 8-10 days in between 1mg cuts. Just curious..thanks!

Pretty much every cut from 8mg down to 1.15mg was brutal. I couldn't do 1mg cuts any longer once I hit around 8 or 7.

Hey everyone,

For me, it was whenever my cut hit 10%, so from 10 to 9, and from 5 to 4.5 were the hardest. I switched to smaller cuts and that helped. Once I got down to 2.5, I was able to handle cuts of 10% or more. I feel much better at these low doses than I did at 13mgs, better mental clarity and more energy.

I have a question for anyone with some experience or insight.  I am down to 6.0 mg V, after crossing over from K earlier in the fall. 

I was asking my GP what the minimum dose he has ever prescribed V. to an adult, and he said 5.0 mg. 

Has anyone ever seen any literature anywhere aside from Ashton that suggests that V. even does anything below this dose.  I am not comtemplating a quick drop.  Just trying to learn as much as I can. 

I am exploring the possibility that anything below 5 mg is basically a placebo effect.  When I just take 2.0 mg for example I am not convinced I feel anything at all.  How much of this is ruled by our perceptions, rather than by reality?