Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Anyone taking D3 and/or B12 with diazepam while tapering?  I have been deficient in past and usually take the D3 in winter.

Not sure if it will interact.

Thanks

Sharkie  :)

I'm taking 1400-1800 of D daily right now and it hasn't hurt me. I'm supposed to increase it to 10,000 a day for the next month then go down to 5000 as my levels are a bit low so I'll let you know how it goes.

Anyone taking D3 and/or B12 with diazepam while tapering?  I have been deficient in past and usually take the D3 in winter.

Thanks

I've been taking 2000 IU D3 for a few years and it feels ok.

I take a B complex and ADK which has 5,000 units of D in it. I have a 30% artery blockage and have no desire to go on any more meds at this time so Im trying the natural way to get rid of it while Im still at a fairly not scary ( so they say) amount of blockage. Im supposed to be taking honking HUGE doses of B12 and folate but any more B12 and I feel just horrid. The amounts Im on are ok and the B complex actually negates a little of the valium bummers. So yep, its doable, you might just have to tweak the dosage if anything makes you feel off.

Question for this group?

Has anyone here while tapering experienced panic attacks for the first time in their life and

Did holding help level out that period of sxs?

Thanks

ATU

"HEALING TO ALL".

http://bestanimations.com/Holidays/Christmas/santa/santa-claus-animated-gif-10.gif

begood,

Merry Christmas to you too,...and all the suffering souls in the world.

☃ATU

Grapejuice look at you go! Im so jealous of your progress- but more than jealous so happy for you being so close! Way to go!

Thanks, KBB! I originally thought I would be a couple of months off by now, but had to slow down. It was the right thing to do though, my symptoms are pretty minor at this point.

I take a B complex and ADK which has 5,000 units of D in it. I have a 30% artery blockage and have no desire to go on any more meds at this time so Im trying the natural way to get rid of it while Im still at a fairly not scary ( so they say) amount of blockage. Im supposed to be taking honking HUGE doses of B12 and folate but any more B12 and I feel just horrid. The amounts Im on are ok and the B complex actually negates a little of the valium bummers. So yep, its doable, you might just have to tweak the dosage if anything makes you feel off.

Thanks all for the comments on D3.  I will try slowly.  Open capsule take a pinch is how I start. 

Kittybean I'm going to PM you about your ultra rapid status again.  Got a few questions if you dont mind.

Thanks

Sharkie :smitten:

Question for this group?

Has anyone here while tapering experienced panic attacks for the first time in their life and

Did holding help level out that period of sxs?

Thanks

ATU

Years ago, I had them when I quit booze for good after abusing for many years.  I didn't experience them again until this taper. These days, I get them when I cut too quickly.

Sharkie I did the best I could on the PM but since they want dosing questions out in the open I will also post it here. Its relevant anyway 😁

I had seen a lot of people having to dose valium multiple times a day and I asked my doc about it. Actually her nurse. She thought I was trying to get MORE drugs from her. I tried to explain it to her from what I had learned here and she said " no honey thats wrong, people only need to take valium once a day". Well I got so pissed off I ordered the 23 and me kit to do the drug DNA test ($200.00, I was REALLY pissed off) and it came back as one of the 2 v pathways ultra rapid metabolizer and the other (temazepam only) as rapid.  Sooo now I take one ounce of grapefruit juice in the morning and I can dose once at night. Its not too little because it lets me dose normally but its not too much because I cant cut any more or any faster than I was before. I cant even cut .001 off the scale a day- maybe here and there but Im looking at another 16 months to get off of just under 8 mg. But finding the amount was tricky- and its definitely going against the warnings on the label. I got interested in it when I read stories about docs using it to help chemo patients! Hope other fast metabolizers can find help too. Its very frustrating to be in that position for sure!

Thanks all for the comments on D3.  I will try slowly.  Open capsule take a pinch is how I start. 

Kittybean I'm going to PM you about your ultra rapid status again.  Got a few questions if you dont mind.

Thanks

Sharkie :smitten:

Thanks

Not B12 but I had a severe D3 deficiency and had to do the mega dose treatment for eight weeks and then regular supplements. No interactions here! :)

Thought I'd take a moment to check in. Some more side effects did kick in during these third and fourth weeks post-jump. I'm having nightly bloating and abdominal pain that is just crazy... I feel like a balloon. It only happens toward the evening and it doesn't matter what I eat or drink. Abdominal pain has been an on and off thing throughout my taper, so I'm not super worried about it, but I still wonder a bit if it could be an ulcer that is exacerbated by these symptoms. Trying not to think about it for now though. Other than that, I'm doing pretty good. Anxious, yes, but I'm getting through it!

Thought I'd take a moment to check in. Some more side effects did kick in during these third and fourth weeks post-jump. I'm having nightly bloating and abdominal pain that is just crazy... I feel like a balloon. It only happens toward the evening and it doesn't matter what I eat or drink. Abdominal pain has been an on and off thing throughout my taper, so I'm not super worried about it, but I still wonder a bit if it could be an ulcer that is exacerbated by these symptoms. Trying not to think about it for now though. Other than that, I'm doing pretty good. Anxious, yes, but I'm getting through it!

Sounds like classic benzo belly to me.  As for the ulcer thoughts: I can't tell you how many times I've wondered if I have an ulcer, but then chunks of time pass with no belly pain and I lose that thought. I'd bet it's just benzos. You're doing great and it sounds as if your post jump sx are moving in line with many jump stories that I've read about! Just hang in there and you'll be home free before you know it.

Best,

Ed

SandP,

I also suffer on and off from real bad stomach GI pain. I think it is from cramping and the irregular movement of food through our GI tract. First if your not taking a fiber suppliment at night like a tablespoon of metamucil, I would recommend that first. Bulking up dose help with IBS type pain.

If you already are or if that dosen't help after a week or so. Then I would consider one of the non- prescription antispasmotics like Buscopan or Mebeverine. Not sure where you live but Mebeverine.is only in the UK though I buy it on line without a prescription. Buscopan should be availabe over the counter at the drug store.

Hope your feeling better soon. :thumbsup:

ATU

Question to group.

For those of you who are dosing once a day usually in the evening. Was it difficult to make that change?

Also, did those of you that did this, find it helped with sleep issues at night?

I am experiencing very poor sleep these days and I currently dose twice a day. .75 mls in the am and .85 mls at night. In my case ml is interchangable with mg. thats the way I make my liquid. Currently on 1.6 mg/ ml.

Today I started the cross and only took .6 ml so tonight I will take 1 ml, then continue untill I am dosing entirely at night the 1.6 mg.

Have any of you done something like this and did it work out for you?

Much appreciated.

ATU

Question to group.

For those of you who are dosing once a day usually in the evening. Was it difficult to make that change?

Also, did those of you that did this, find it helped with sleep issues at night?

I am experiencing very poor sleep these days and I currently dose twice a day. .75 mls in the am and .85 mls at night. In my case ml is interchangable with mg. thats the way I make my liquid. Currently on 1.6 mg/ ml.

Today I started the cross and only took .6 ml so tonight I will take 1 ml, then continue untill I am dosing entirely at night the 1.6 mg.

Much appreciated.

ATU

I dosed twice a day until I got down to 3mg, then I switched to once a day, just before bed.  The change had no effect at all.

For anyone who has been on diazepam for any extended period of time, it almost certainly no longer actually has any real sedative/hypnotic effect.  Tolerance to the sedative/hypnotic effect develops very quickly, typically in a few weeks.  I still continued to take the biggest dose at night for that perceived sleep effect, although I'm sure any effect was only psychological.

Question to group.

Much appreciated.

ATU

I dosed twice a day until I got down to 3mg, then I switched to once a day, just before bed.  The change had no effect at all.

For anyone who has been on diazepam for any extended period of time, it almost certainly no longer actually has any real sedative/hypnotic effect.  Tolerance to the sedative/hypnotic effect develops very quickly, typically in a few weeks.  I still continued to take the biggest dose at night for that perceived sleep effect, although I'm sure any effect was only psychological.

Builder,

Did anything help with sleep?

It seems now the only nights I get any sleep is to take an antihistimine but I cant continue taking them I understand its not good.

Thanks

ATU

Builder,

It seems now the only nights I get any sleep is to take an antihistimine but I cant continue taking them I understand its not good.

Thanks

ATU

Low doses of Remeron (mirtazapine) is one of the best sleep aids available.  But I later learned that doxylamine works almost as well, but if you take doxy daily, you will become tolerant.

Builder,

Thanks

ATU

Low doses of Remeron (mirtazapine) is one of the best sleep aids available.  But I later learned that doxylamine works almost as well, but if you take doxy daily, you will become tolerant.

Builder,

Did you use Remeron? If not what did you use in between Unisom ( Doxy ) ?

Maybe I just have to live with the idea that I will sleep only every other night. Is that something we do?

ATU

Sharkie I did the best I could on the PM but since they want dosing questions out in the open I will also post it here. Its relevant anyway 😁

I had seen a lot of people having to dose valium multiple times a day and I asked my doc about it. Actually her nurse. She thought I was trying to get MORE drugs from her. I tried to explain it to her from what I had learned here and she said " no honey thats wrong, people only need to take valium once a day". Well I got so pissed off I ordered the 23 and me kit to do the drug DNA test ($200.00, I was REALLY pissed off) and it came back as one of the 2 v pathways ultra rapid metabolizer and the other (temazepam only) as rapid.  Sooo now I take one ounce of grapefruit juice in the morning and I can dose once at night. Its not too little because it lets me dose normally but its not too much because I cant cut any more or any faster than I was before. I cant even cut .001 off the scale a day- maybe here and there but Im looking at another 16 months to get off of just under 8 mg. But finding the amount was tricky- and its definitely going against the warnings on the label. I got interested in it when I read stories about docs using it to help chemo patients! Hope other fast metabolizers can find help too.

My medical team used Ativan to "help" me during chemo. What they really accomplished was to flush my remission right down the toilet.

Builder,

Maybe I just have to live with the idea that I will sleep only every other night. Is that something we do?

ATU

While I had intermittent sleep issues through most of my taper (until I got down to lower doses), I never had full-on insomnia, and my sleep problems varied off and on.  So I never needed a sleep aid continously.  And I never took a sleep aid unless I actually experienced sleep problems.

If I stayed awake more than an hour, I initially took a small dose of Remeron, about 3.5-4mg.  This always worked, but left me a little groggy in the AM.  I switched to doxylamine.  4-5mg doxy was as sedating as the Remeron, and didn't have the hangover effect of Remeron.  But I'm sure that if I had tried to use the doxy daily, it would have lost its effectiveness.

Builder,

ATU

While I had intermittent sleep issues through most of my taper (until I got down to lower doses), I never had full-on insomnia, and my sleep problems varied off and on.  So I never needed a sleep aid continously.  And I never took a sleep aid unless I actually experienced sleep problems.

If I stayed awake more than an hour, I initially took a small dose of Remeron, about 3.5-4mg.  This always worked, but left me a little groggy in the AM.  I switched to doxylamine.  4-5mg doxy was as sedating as the Remeron, and didn't have the hangover effect of Remeron.  But I'm sure that if I had tried to use the doxy daily, it would have lost its effectiveness.

Builder,

Thanks for sharing that with me. Was it hard to stop the remeron?

Have a great a Christmas.  :thumbsup:

ATU

Builder,

ATU

I actually took 30mg/day for 3 years.  When I felt my GAD was in remission, I did a 2 week taper (15mg 1 week, 7.5mg 2nd week) and stopped.  I had zero WD sxs.

Once I started my diazepam taper, I took an occasional (once a week-10 days) small dose for sleep, until I switched to doxy

Builder,

ATU

I actually took 30mg/day for 3 years.  When I felt my GAD was in remission, I did a 2 week taper (15mg 1 week, 7.5mg 2nd week) and stopped.  I had zero WD sxs.

Once I started my diazepam taper, I took an occasional (once a week-10 days) small dose for sleep, until I switched to doxy

Builder,

Thanks again, you have been around here for some time. You helped me out a lot in my early days I remember. Im still using the Vodka/ Water solution to make my mix and Im taking all liquid now, have been for the last few months.

It does'nt get any easier though it seems. Maybe tomorrow or the next day, I will wake up and find out it was all just a bad dream!

Hugs:

ATU